• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing Floor - Toy Master: Bugs and Fixes

Skell

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 21, 2013
On the Internet.
ToyMasterLogo_Main.png

ToyMasterLogo_Fixes.png
^button^
As of right now the Toy Master mod is not whitelisted, so don't be afraid to use my fix!

You need to install the official Toy Master mod and my fix in order for this fix to work. You need to then use my map KF-DevilsDollhouse-FixV3 to run the fixes. That's it!

List of changes for version 3:
Spoiler!

Source code

Last edited:
Very buggy...

I hope this is because 99.9% of Tripwire's efforts are focused on KF2, and not a warning of what we can expect of KF2...

EDIT: not trying to be a sourpuss. Thank you Tripwire for still releasing free content for a 5-year old game. Thank you.
This mod is not being maintained by Tripwire Interactive. I'm sure Alex/David could quickly squeeze in an update that addresses most of these issues relatively quickly.

Upvote 0
Very buggy...

I hope this is because 99.9% of Tripwire's efforts are focused on KF2, and not a warning of what we can expect of KF2...

This mod is not being maintained by Tripwire Interactive. I'm sure Alex/David could quickly squeeze in an update that addresses most of these issues relatively quickly.

Correct. That's why we released it as a mod. Dave has toyed around with it (see what I did there?) for a long while, with some help from Alex. We're not maintaining it or anything else. Not sure you'll get their attention to fix stuff. I'm sure they would be agreeable if someone volunteers!

Upvote 0
Correct. That's why we released it as a mod. Dave has toyed around with it (see what I did there?) for a long while, with some help from Alex. We're not maintaining it or anything else. Not sure you'll get their attention to fix stuff. I'm sure they would be agreeable if someone volunteers!
I'm already working on the code side of the fixes - I'll be posting that in another thread. There's also the dreaded bug where servers will simply crash during map change...

Your puns hurt me emotionally and physically. :p

Upvote 0
The head health on Pinwheel is intended, but it may make him too difficult.
That would not be such and issue if, as the video points out (sorry if it's annoying), the Pinwheel's head hitbox wasn't so incredibly broken until it attacks. EDIT: The time we find out where the head hitbox is actually present when the zed isn't attacking is at 0:48.

Can you elaborate on Zap thresholds? Do you mean for the ZED gun?
Yes, the required time to zap the specimen is incredibly low due to the fact that all of these specimens extend from gorefasts, crawlers and husks. The ubers, for example, do not have a modified zap threshold, so you can pretty much tap alt fire and then they're zapped.

The knife thrower extends the HUSK and that is probably why he has the fire resist.
Yes, as I said above, if this behaviour is not intentional, code in defaultproperites, takedamage(), and postbeginplay() should be redone to remove the BurnDamageScale from calculations.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think you need some volunteers not in this mod but in fixing balance in vanilla KF. And some volunteers for russian localization. Coz every russian speaking person tell you that your "professionals" that localized new versions of KF, made the work that our volunteers offered you free. And they did this work really like amateurs.
The point of this thread is to discuss bugs and fixes for Toy Master, not Tripwire Interactive's community outreach. Please make a new thread if you'd like to discuss it further.

Here's what I've gotten done tonight!
Picture 1, Picture 2, Picture 3, Picture 4 and a bit more!

The download links in the main post have been changed to version 2! Change log is as follows:

• Zeds:
    • General:
      • All hitboxes have been readjusted to work properly. Go out there and pop some heads!
    • Knifethower:
      • Fixed bug where players could pickup knives as crossbow ammo.
... and that's it!

Edit: I've got some changes that are more on the balance side of things coming up next. However, these changes will only be decided on once I play a bit with the current changes! Feel free to give suggestions.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The point of this thread is to discuss bugs and fixes for Toy Master, not Tripwire Interactive's community outreach. Please make a new thread if you'd like to discuss it further.

Here's what I've gotten done tonight!
Picture 1, Picture 2, Picture 3, Picture 4 and a bit more!

The download links in the main post have been changed to version 2! Change log is as follows:

• Zeds:
    • General:
      • All hitboxes have been readjusted to work properly. Go out there and pop some heads!
    • Knifethower:
      • Fixed bug where players could pickup knives as crossbow ammo.
... and that's it!

Edit: I've got some changes that are more on the balance side of things coming up next. However, these changes will only be decided on once I play a bit with the current changes! Feel free to give suggestions.
Ok?, I'll try to delete my post and will think about making tread.

Upvote 0
Good job fixing this up skell. Does this mean I can uninstall it from steam and just use your version?
Okay so just now I had to update the download because I was really tired at 5am today and made the zip file all wrong. Now it should be working.

To answer your question, the code extends and uses assets from Toy Master so you'll still need the mod files! All you have to do is use the TOY-DevilsDollhouse-FixV1.rom to run the right version though!

Upvote 0