• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing Floor - Toy Master: Bugs and Fixes

Skell, have you ever given though to the idea of using the unused toy enemies?
(being Uber Pinwheel, Flamethrower Babydoll and Uber Babydoll)

Edit: Just noticed the Uber Pinwheel in the source code.

Come Play With Us....Forever :)
420 Domain

Added to favs, now update with v3!... since your the only server i know that runs this map :eek:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Skell, have you ever given though to the idea of using the unused toy enemies?
(being Uber Pinwheel, Flamethrower Babydoll and Uber Babydoll)
Yes. The plan was originally that I was going to rearrange and add a third chest to the second room that would have 2 uber baby dolls and 1 uber ventriloquist/pinwheel.

As of right now the only "working" puppet that is unused is the Uber Babydoll. The flamethrower version of the Babydoll's model is no longer in the animation package (although David did show it to us in the teaser for the update!). All the other unused enemies have code for them but definitely aren't ready for production.

Spoiler!

Upvote 0
Yes. The plan was originally that I was going to rearrange and add a third chest to the second room that would have 2 uber baby dolls and 1 uber ventriloquist/pinwheel.

As of right now the only "working" puppet that is unused is the Uber Babydoll. The flamethrower version of the Babydoll's model is no longer in the animation package (although David did show it to us in the teaser for the update!). All the other unused enemies have code for them but definitely aren't ready for production.

Spoiler!
Yay a new room! Having only 2 rooms for 4 waves does get dull :rolleyes:
Was the lighter welding baby actually in the package at day1? I showed up late for this years event so i dont know if ToyMaster was updated, oh and dont forget the teaser also showed a different colored Pinwheel and ventriloquist.
At lease you got UberDoll to run, i was just checking to see if we'd get more variety during the waves. Im guessing v4 will the best one :D
Anyways keep up the good work and lucks if it get officially added (and whitelisted!)

----------
@HappyTrueEvil: I got a mismatch error from your MutVisibleSpecsX :(

Upvote 0
Yay a new room! Having only 2 rooms for 4 waves does get dull :rolleyes:
Was the lighter welding baby actually in the package at day1? I showed up late for this years event so i dont know if ToyMaster was updated, oh and dont forget the teaser also showed a different colored Pinwheel and ventriloquist.
At lease you got UberDoll to run, i was just checking to see if we'd get more variety during the waves. Im guessing v4 will the best one :D
Anyways keep up the good work and lucks if it get officially added (and whitelisted!)
It's not just one new room. The plan is to have a second map!

The Babydoll never had flamethrower in the KF assets. It has had scissors in its hand since day 1.

I think I'm going to wait a little before working on version 4. Gotta wait for bug reports!

Upvote 0
Doh, the downside of having a public redirect, changed it back to mutspec im running and uploaded new v3 fix, cant wait to get home and try it out!! its setup and everything on server.
Thanks.

So I played v3, its set on normal (was the only one on the server) but i feel that the grenades stay around for too long maybe reduce it by few more seconds skell? Jack also got heavily nerf for his HP so the round ended much quicker then in v1, but then again, solo normal.
Didn't see anything to strange or buggy.

On a side note, I made a reskin for the "Burn Baby" :eek:
ic7ns9.png

Upvote 0
I just tried it on a server on Hard (that's what I put it on) and I have to say: I love the head-shotting mechanic a lot more. Zeds actually decapitate, I can actually hear the headshot sound, and it feels a lot more like how KF is supposed to be. Fantastic job.

Plus the spawn rates (as solo) was very well balanced and enjoyable. All the little details are very much appreciated.

Now I need more players to play with to see the balance it has when playing with more than 1 player :p

Upvote 0
well i played, and noticed something(v3).. dont know if its my client files or the new patches, but the knife throwers do NO damage, from the kinfe or when they get close, switched to v1 map and its the same, dont know what might have happened??? other than that loving the new updates, and get this changed map WITH NO CRASH after we played!!

*edit, i found that this bug of the knife throwers is intermittent, 1 sec the will do no throwing or melee damage, then they will next round, even happens on original map so this must be a root bug, any one else notice this? and as for the nades, i DO like how they stick around for a bit giving you time to vacate the location but i noticed they stick on walls ect , making them pointless when most of them get stuck on balcony and ceiling...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
well i played, and noticed something(v3).. dont know if its my client files or the new patches, but the knife throwers do NO damage, from the kinfe or when they get close, switched to v1 map and its the same, dont know what might have happened??? other than that loving the new updates, and get this changed map WITH NO CRASH after we played!!

*edit, i found that this bug of the knife throwers is intermittent, 1 sec the will do no throwing of melle damage then they will next round, even happens on original map so this must be a root bug, any one else notice this, and as for the nades i DO like how they stick around for a bit giving you time to vacate the location but i noticed they stick on walls ect , making them pointless when most of them stuck on balcony and ceiling...
Awesome! Thanks for testing the mod! I don't know what the knife issue is that you're talking about but if you say it's a global issue I'll have to leave it at that.

As for the grenades I'll decrease the toss speed and block them from hitting the balconies, thanks for catching that!

I just tried it on a server on Hard (that's what I put it on) and I have to say: I love the head-shotting mechanic a lot more. Zeds actually decapitate, I can actually hear the headshot sound, and it feels a lot more like how KF is supposed to be. Fantastic job.

Plus the spawn rates (as solo) was very well balanced and enjoyable. All the little details are very much appreciated.

Now I need more players to play with to see the balance it has when playing with more than 1 player :p
Good, good! Glad to hear you didn't encounter any bugs. If you do get a bunch people together and test, make sure to tell me if there's any issues! The fix has been only really tested on 1-6 player Hell on Earth and all other difficulties are just scaled down from it.

"Shoots 3 buzzsaws (instead of 5 knives):"

they are called saw blades, buzzsaw is weapon which fires saw blades not buzzsaws
Yeah, you're right, I have no idea why I called them that. Fixed in the first post!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Their his own files so they have new names.
So they don't conflict with the official files. I think he is missing 1 file from the official Toy Master.
I don't know what you mean about the missing part but this is made to run on top of the official Toy Master mod. I believe I've pointed that out a bunch in this thread but I'll say it again in case anyone isn't sure:

You need to install the official Toy Master mod and my fix in order for this fix to work. You need to then use my map KF-DevilsDollhouse-FixV3 to run the fixes. That's it!

Upvote 0
Correct. That's why we released it as a mod. Dave has toyed around with it (see what I did there?) for a long while, with some help from Alex. We're not maintaining it or anything else. Not sure you'll get their attention to fix stuff. I'm sure they would be agreeable if someone volunteers!

You guys should've at least put in the effort to whitelist an official mod as i have to delete KFCHARPUPPETS.u/.ucl everytime i want to host a LISTEN/Dedicated server if not the message "SECURITY CHECK FAILED" will keep popping up everytime which disables perk leveling and achievements =.='''

Upvote 0