• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing Floor - Toy Master: Bugs and Fixes

Like without this mod or do you mean right now this mod is good? The balance is only being considered for the ventriloquist dummies (regular and knifethrower), as they are incredibly weak despite being a clot/gorefast type of zed.

is there a possibility that you can ask the devs that they add your fix to the mod? because not everyone who plays kf is aware of your fix or want to use your fix unless it automaticly happens.

Upvote 0
is there a possibility that you can ask the devs that they add your fix to the mod? because not everyone who plays kf is aware of your fix or want to use your fix unless it automaticly happens.
I take absolutely no ownership of this code. I am simply writing it and giving it out. It's 100% up to Alex and David to use it. I would, however, ask them to wait a little before using this as I'm still working to make it more balanced from the aftermath of reworking hitboxes.

Upvote 0
I take absolutely no ownership of this code. I am simply writing it and giving it out. It's 100% up to Alex and David to use it. I would, however, ask them to wait a little before using this as I'm still working to make it more balanced from the aftermath of reworking hitboxes.

ok thx i would appreciate it that this would be an official update to the mod, because i want to use yor fix skell however if i join a server wich doesnt has the fix then it will redownlaod the non fixed version again wich is why im waiting till the mod itself recieve an update.

Upvote 0
but I want to touch on what broski asked (go siren torturers!!) so I just need to dl map, compress and put on redirect to have fixes implemented with existing mut?
Okay, so the code package isn't really a mutator, it just holds a bunch of zed data. To install it on a server you need to do the following:

1. Install a Killing Floor server
  2. Install the Toy Master mod onto that server
  3. Put the files from the fix in their specified folder (and setup a redirect for them).
After this you'll need to run TOY-DevilsDollhouse-FixV<number> and it should be running my code on top of the mod's!

ok thx i would appreciate it that this would be an official update to the mod, because i want to use yor fix skell however if i join a server wich doesnt has the fix then it will redownlaod the non fixed version again wich is why im waiting till the mod itself recieve an update.
Yeah, servers have to install and use the fixed version of the map for you to play the fix version online. I'll see what I can do after V3 is released to get more servers running it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks for the fixes Skell! Very much appreciated.

I have run into this issue though.

In the second room, if one Uber Dummy gets out and is killed, the objective changes to needing to kill both rather than completing the objective of killing the uber. However, it is remedied if the second uber gets let out and is killed.

If the wave finishes without letting the other uber out, the wave cannot end and the trader never opens. Hopefully this makes sense...

Just thought I'd let you know for your next fix :)

Upvote 0
Thanks for the fixes Skell! Very much appreciated.

I have run into this issue though.

In the second room, if one Uber Dummy gets out and is killed, the objective changes to needing to kill both rather than completing the objective of killing the uber. However, it is remedied if the second uber gets let out and is killed.

If the wave finishes without letting the other uber out, the wave cannot end and the trader never opens. Hopefully this makes sense...

Just thought I'd let you know for your next fix :)
Yes! I did notice this and it has been addressed! I had the ToyBoxC and ToyBoxD mixed up and didn't really understand the Objective Mode script behind them at the time. This has been fixed in V3 (along with a lot of new stuff). I've noticed a lot more bugs and, with those bugs, a lot more fixes. I'll be updating the bug list now and, as you can guess, the change log for V3 maybe today or tomorrow!

Upvote 0
Spoiler!

I was working on redoing the player and difficulty scaling on the map when I saw this... Looks like it wasn't double checked because these values are very strange.

Upvote 0
Here's the change log for the upcoming version:

• General/Map:
    • Missing animation log spam has been pretty much entirely removed!
    • Difficulty scaling has been reworked for more appropriate wave counts and spawn speeds.
    • Traders no longer teleport players to the other side of the trader that enter them right after the doors open.
  • Zeds:
    • All zeds have their health balanced given the fact that head hitboxes work now.
    • Jack in the Box:
      • Nerfed a lot of the boss' abilities
      • Fixed collision exploding projectiles even when Jack is hiding.
      • Fixed collision with ZED Gun and ZEDGun MKII projectiles.
      • Bombs now fly slower, have longer trigger times and blink to help the player avoid them. There's now 2 versions of these bombs:
        • One is used during regular fight time.
        • The other is used when he goes to hide and throws out a bunch of bombs. These bombs fly even slower and have a very long fuse.
      • Aim error is now calculated and used appropriately.
And I think that's all.

Upvote 0
Seems like you're doing pretty well Skell, why not think about doing your own mod? Something I have yet to see from you.
I'm unfortunately only any good at mapping and coding (and some texturing/material(ing?)). Everything else is outside of my skill set.
Why nerfing, Jack nades? they were kinda ok the way they are implented right now. No?
Some substantial changes to the toy bombs have been done (they're now large and blinking). I'll definitely re-look at how powerful they are given the new changes, thanks for pointing it out!

I'm trying to get a group together to test 6 player Hell on Earth. Balancing for most stuff has been done but I wanna make sure this is 100% ready!

Upvote 0
The balance test went pretty well! Bombs have been buffed in damage and in damage radius (thanks for pointing that out, Vicious Bug!). Squad lists have been re-altered to make the spawns a little bit more reasonable (too many knifethrowers and pinwheels).

Each time we test, log files become smaller and smaller which is great!

However, I won't be content with V3 until my log has almost no error messages referring to it. Right now I'm redoing all the attachment sockets as it seems that whoever did them forgot to update them after they changed bone names. This will greatly improve decap effects which are an important part of Killing Floor!

Upvote 0
cant wait for it, will def update my server with it when this is all complte!!
I'm really sorry for the wait!

This mod was originally something like 100-200 lines of code in the first version. Pretty simple stuff.

Unfortunately, as I addressed each issue (from gameplay and from logs) one by one, the code has gotten larger and larger. I think it's almost at 1500 lines now (1480 or something to be a little more precise). Today I just finished off some extra little nice things as well as fixed a lot of issues. I just finished reworking all the sockets (as I posted above) and then add animation sound notifies for all puppet walk cycles. They had to be hand-configured so it took some work but now all puppets have footstep noises!

I really wanna get every nook and cranny fixed and shined up before I release V3, so please be patient.

Upvote 0
I'm really sorry for the wait!

This mod was originally something like 100-200 lines of code in the first version. Pretty simple stuff.

Unfortunately, as I addressed each issue (from gameplay and from logs) one by one, the code has gotten larger and larger. I think it's almost at 1500 lines now (1480 or something to be a little more precise). Today I just finished off some extra little nice things as well as fixed a lot of issues. I just finished reworking all the sockets (as I posted above) and then add animation sound notifies for all puppet walk cycles. They had to be hand-configured so it took some work but now all puppets have footstep noises!

I really wanna get every nook and cranny fixed and shined up before I release V3, so please be patient.

Patience Is A Virtue, but when its up and ready I was trying to figure out will I need to take out the original toy-dollhouse map and replace with v3 one because of the puppet ani mfiles will they work on old map or just scrap that one and put v3?

Upvote 0