Killing Floor Skinning Guide

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Half-Dead

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 15, 2009
Seattle, WA
Started working on a skin

"I hate Vans"
ss4.jpg

Obviously very WIP

DreamWeaverz

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 21, 2006
I know the texture isn't right but i thought i'd test this, and i got...

urbanoooooyeah.jpg

However only this one works, i modded them all but the others have a weird light shine over them, only private shni here worked as he should.

wombimbi

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 27, 2009
so this is really great and i understood most of it even for never doing anything like this before, but i was wondering how you just use some of the .dds files for the original characters. for instance if i wanted to use the Horzine trooper in place of private schneider. is that possible? and how would i do that if it is?

wombimbi

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 27, 2009
so i was wondering how i could just use the premade skins on the SDK for the original characters? for instance the Horzine_trooper_diff for private schneider

Defcon

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 1, 2009
I followed the guide and got a simple recolor skin working in KF :D
I didn't check alpha while importing it in the .utx file, no idea what it's for but I'm happy it works in-game!

mrdefcon.jpg

One question though, how can I make the eyes glow in the dark? Like the lights on the back of Mike Noble (Skeleton dude) or as the light of the fleshpound?

The things I recoloured are:
- Shoes
- Mask & glasses
- Tie
- Socks under his trousers?

If anyone could help me with the glow in the dark I'd appreciate it!

Great guide by the way :D

wombimbi

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 27, 2009
Mike Skin

Mike Skin

skeletonskin.jpg

finally got it to work!
bloodied up his face boots, got rid of skeleton on clothes, recolored glowsticks

wombimbi

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 27, 2009
and another

and another

just messing around with minor stuff. and had to get some Res Evil stuff in!
soldier.jpg
soldierback.jpg

wombimbi

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 27, 2009
how to change transparent objects?

how to change transparent objects?

so i was wondering how i could get the blood on the visor to show up better. i believe the file is british_riot_police_mask but i dont know what to do with it once ive edited it...
janitor.jpg

wombimbi

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 27, 2009
i put one of my skins up on killingfloormods.com but it hasnt been approved yet...