• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Killing Floor SDK and Mapping Guide

oscar.nein

Administrator
Jan 1, 2006
You can download the Killing Floor SDK from the Tools section in Steam.

The official SDK and mapping guide for Killing Floor is now available! The guide can be found in:

\Steam\steamapps\common\killingfloor\MappingGuide

And the SDK can be found in the Tools section in Steam. You can also launch it from your system folder:

\Steam\steamapps\common\killingfloor\System\KFEd.exe

Good luck and we look forward to seeing your custom content!

Mapping guide not retreived via steam installed

Mapping guide not retreived via steam installed

This file does not seem to exists on my install off steam.
^ Can someone post this somewhere?

Is there, but when you load it.. All icons on the buttons are missing.
UT2004 editor works just fine.. Any Ideas?? (Running vista 64)

Solved missing icon.. apparently they forgot to package the editorres folder.
http://files.biometal-servers.com/index.php?dir=misc_files/&file=editorres.rar
Extract this into the system folder. and run kfed.exe should have icons :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I can't seem to be able to install it from Steam, every time I'm going to install, it prepares to install, and then tells me that my steam ticket has expired and prompts me to re-type my password, if I cancel, Steam shuts down, if I enter the pass, nothing happens and when I try to install again, the same thing happens

Upvote 0
Can you update the Guide with things like the minimum dimensions of space a crawler/scrake/bloat/fleshpound needs to be able to spawn, player height, player height when crouched, max jump distance, max jump height, minimum falling height that damages players, falling height that does 50 damage, falling height that kills a player, max steepness of a surface that specimen can still climb, max steepness of a surface that players can still climb and what-not?

And can you go into a little more detail in the Aesthetics chapter?:eek:

Upvote 0
Hey.

Hey.

I did not learn anything from it. Most of my learning experience came from trial and error plus dissecting other maps. When I see something I want to learn how to do. I figure it out. Couple of threads in here have caught my attention however 99% I learned from trial and error. :D Plus one video on you tube about a basic map. About the size of 1024 by 1024. Feedback from map builders has helped also.;)

Reactions: crystaldragons
Upvote 0
The official SDK and mapping guide for Killing Floor is now available! The guide can be found in:

And the SDK can be found in the Tools section in Steam. You can also launch it from your system folder:

Good luck and we look forward to seeing your custom content!

It would be here not in your steam account. It is already on your computer in your steam file.

Open your windows bar. Hit on your computer. Open your Hard Drive. Go to Program Files (x86 for Vista) and follow the above open the following until you find it.

Upvote 0
Ok I think I know why I am missing this:

kfdir.jpg

could it be that because I purchase it through Steam download?

Could someone post the mapping guide...maybe in a zip format?

Upvote 0
does anyone know how to make maps for the old KF? (The mod, that is) I would ask on the other forums but they seemed to have blocked people from registering. D:

You can't using this editor. To make maps for the old KF you need to do so with the UT2004 editor because that editor uses .ut2 format where as the retail one uses .rom format. Also why are you asking do you even own the retail?

Upvote 0