• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Mac Killing floor quits on startup/ please acknowledge this...

Ptree

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 12, 2012
Ever since the new update for the addon's etc, when I go to Steam and launch Killing floor I only get as far as the splash picture, and following that the program quits itself. This has happend before where a patch was needed and it was put out, but I find it unfourtunate that the people at Tripwire have a problem acknowledging there is an issue, which leaves us customers waiting for a fix (asumnig one is even being made). I ask on behalf of all the Mac community that play Killing Floor if someone from Tripwire could please reply to the counted three (3) other compliants similar to this one. We would like to at least be told that you are aware of this and that we are not just sitting here alone in the dark typing away with no one to hear.

EDIT: SPECS OSX 10.6.8, KF version is the one that gave us the new weapons etc.

Please be respectful and let us at least know if this is being worked on, even if the problem is not solved yet.

Thank you for your time,

Ptree

Last edited:
Having same issue

Having same issue

I'd just like to add that I'm having the same issue as everyone else seems to be having. I'm running OSX 10.6.8. I've tried re-installing and deleting ClientRegistry.blob with no success and after reading this thread I've decided not to bother trying any of the other methods mentioned here, as they all haven't worked for others. I just bought the game while it was on sale and I'm already pretty disappointed with the developers for not even acknowledging this issue.

Upvote 0
I'm running 10.6.8, have just Portal, Portal 2, and KF on Steam. Originally it downloaded both KF and the DA2 mod, however DA2 was removed when I wiped out all KF files for the reinstall (which did not fix the launching issue). If I navigate to Library --> Application Support --> Steam --> SteamApps --> common --> Killing Flooor, I'm able to run the game itself and play single player, so it appears to be some sort of Steam-related issue. Reading through the forums I've gathered that this has been a common problem since launch.

Upvote 0