• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing Floor Patch 1055

Yoshiro

Senior Community Manager
Staff member
  • Oct 10, 2005
    East Coast
    We just pushed live a required update for Killing Floor clients and servers. This brings the build number to 1055. The changelog is as follows:

General
    • Fixed achievement unlock issues for 'Single-Load Doom Bombardier' and 'Claw Master'
    • Fixed weapon favorite-ing not working when connected to a dedicated server
    • Changed DLC icon on the main menu to 'Us vs. Them' to match the steam overlay
    • Server Browser should now sort by ping by default

FrightYard
    • Fixed players getting trapped in trader room
    • Fixed several blocking volume exploits
    • Minor tweaks and improvements

Modding
    • Added the cheat 'KillZed' back in

Servers
    • 'KFO' maps now forcibly load the correct GameInfo. This means it's no longer required to change the ?game= commandline. Also, it's now possible to map cycle between KFO and standard KF maps.

Known Issue
    • The favorites list is different between KFO and KF maps. This will likely be addressed in the event rollback.

Changed DLC icon on the main menu to 'Us vs. Them' to match the steam overlay
    If this is in direct response to the thread I started, thank you and happy to help. I wouldn't be surprised if a dev noticed right away though. :p

Officially stoked with this event.

That map cycling sounds handy dandy, look forward to using that.

Upvote 0
    Does anybody know what this is:

AInternetLink Resolve failed: Can't find host fskldlfhlkherlerlkjlereor.com (HOST_NOT_FOUND)

And

STEAMSTATS: SKIPPING SECURITY CHECK - Stats Are Enabled

It came up in the consol after starting the updated server. I guess the Security Check was just skipped for some reason and leveling is still working, right? And what does the first thing mean?

Is that video of the "Us vs. Them Weapons Pack" supposed to end like that? It stays at this strange picture. I remember others have the ending where you get an overview: http://postimg.org/image/qbrs0ijkh/

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    after updating my linux servers
    servers are updated and i can join my servers
    but servers still in version 1054
    players do not see my servers...
    and I think it must be the same for many administrators linux like me
    problem already known to another event...

I have that problem too. Other servers in the global list are on 1055. I tried to update my server three times now. Anything else I could do?

Upvote 0
    'KFO' maps now forcibly load the correct GameInfo. This means it's no longer required to change the ?game= commandline. Also, it's now possible to map cycle between KFO and standard KF maps.

"Congratulations!" You broke all mods, which are extending KFStoryGameInfo, including ScrnStoryGameInfo. But the bug inside KFStoryGameInfo.ReduceDamage(), which prevents calling GameRules.NetDamage(), is still in place.

Upvote 0
    "Congratulations!" You broke all mods, which are extending KFStoryGameInfo, including ScrnStoryGameInfo. But the bug inside KFStoryGameInfo.ReduceDamage(), which prevents calling GameRules.NetDamage(), is still in place.

I found a workaround. Modders must put something like this into their custom game type classes:

Code:
    static event class<GameInfo> SetGameType( string MapName )
    {
        if ( Left(MapName, InStr(MapName, "-")) ~= "KFO")
            return default.Class;

return super.SetGameType( MapName );
    }

Upvote 0
    Windows servers are in 1055
    Linux servers are in 1054
    The only explanation I know for this as it was once stated (to the best of my memory), TWI doesn't directly handle the linux dedicated server stuff. Its handled by a part of steam. Best you can do is wait :\

I really have to wonder though - what issues were so pressing that a new version was necessary just a few days before the end of the event?

Upvote 0
    The only explanation I know for this as it was once stated (to the best of my memory), TWI doesn't directly handle the linux dedicated server stuff. Its handled by a part of steam. Best you can do is wait :\[...]

Is that true?

[...]I really have to wonder though - what issues were so pressing that a new version was necessary just a few days before the end of the event?

I think it's achievements related since there are some you can only get during the event. And then they probably thought if they release a new update anyway they could put more fixes in it.

[...]
    General
    • Fixed achievement unlock issues for 'Single-Load Doom Bombardier' and 'Claw Master'
    [...]

Upvote 0