• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing Floor now pre-loading for Free Weekend of play on Steam - IGN Preview

if youre here to debate and start arguements with your wall of text like you usually do, then head over to the ideas and suggestions. this thread is to give thanks to TWI for giving love to my favorite game in the world, NOT for you to come here and whine about other games having the same guns. doesnt matter if GRAW has a SCAR, is their SCAR the same as ours? no, so whats the problem besides you just wanting to be an *** like you always are?

Alright, next time I'll remember not to voice my opinions unless they're in line with everyone else's.

Also, here's a hot tip: it takes two people to have an argument.

Upvote 0
I'm gonna be really **** (steady on!) about this and say "Where's the scope on the m14?"

We dont want a scope ! It looks way more badass without it and will be loads more fun.

Agh damn it, its only the 21st of October, It will take forever to be the 22nd.

I think i might knock myself out constantly until the release, that way the time wont hurt as much.

Upvote 0
I'll buy the DLC pack just to support this kinda stuff! All of the weapons look amazing and so long as they're balanced amongst the old ones (No "Katana Syndrome"), then I'll be thrilled. So far, the SCAR is the only one that looks to be rendering the other weapons obselete, but we'll see.

Firebug didn't get anything new. Phooey. Even if it's immune to the Husk's Fireballs, it's still gonna be a boring class to play unless something is added, IMO. Maybe it'll get 'Incindiary Pipebombs" or something. That'd be right up the 'Lightable gas' alley that everyone's been pondering!

Also, the prospect of Level 6 perks making you spawn with different weapons is an awesome way to make Level 6 worth it. Spawning with the SCAR or even the AK is a BIG step up from the Bullpup, for example, and an M-14 would be an amazing move up from the Dual Handcannons. Alas, this thing is being released right when classes and work hit, so I won't even be able to play it until almost this monday!

One more thing: Anyone expecting to start HATING demomen as they either spam away all their ammo or kill themselves early into Hard waves? It's not even out, but I can already see this happening...

Upvote 0
Using dial-up has nothing to do with latency and everything to do with bandwidth.

It's not dial-up, but it's not killing floor either. StuG, are you downloading/uploading anything while playing? Is anyone else on your network?

No. I'm using the same set up/connection i've been using since release. It's just that I get ping spikes to 900 now since the Ak/katana update and other people have posted having the same problem too, on the support forum. I'm hoping they added some fixes for it.

Yeah, exactly the same issue for me. I've not issues with games before, but my ping varies. Some times, I'll get it at 50 and the game'll play fantastically, then it will randomly shoot up to anything up to 1000 and it's practically unplayable. Pain the ***, I'm really enjoying the game. Any help with this from anyone would be great!

More people have been suddenly experiencing this after the update, there are some more threads about it further down the page.

Hi,

Im having high ping and lag problems ingame, this only started earlier today. It was running at 50 ping or less with no lag, but now it's up at 500 - 600 ping in every game? i've tried restarting pc and i have nothing downloading. how can i fix this? thanks.

I also have similer issue since the update.
Every server I join lags every 5-6 sec. Its like I am teleporting.

It functioned perfectly fine before the update and all my other online game function perfectly fine so its not my connection.

In the game it even says I have 50-60 in ping. But after playing for 10 min in the same game the ping keeps getting higher and higher.

Its pretty much unplayable for me now.

oh man.

i am having the same problem.
i've played the game without problem until de last update. But after the update i am having this lags issues :/

btw, my router is a D-Link 500G and my computer is already on the DMZ.

i hope you could fix it, cause i've pre-ordered the game and from the beginning until the last update i was playing completely normal.

Hey, I played KF the day it came out and it's been pretty good since then as long as I only enter servers under 100 ping. But recently, I've only been able to play in a match for about 5 minutes beforemy ping jumps unreasonable high (800+). This just started last night. Any ideas how I can get things running how they were before?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You'll learn to appreciate it.

Its better than having neo nazi little kids that blame everyone for their death or do the come to my house than well talk. Other than that being immune to a projectile attack is next to god send. At best you wont worry about being shot in the back and running in circles looking for a way to douse the fire.

Upvote 0
Using dial-up has nothing to do with latency and everything to do with bandwidth.

It's not dial-up, but it's not killing floor either. StuG, are you downloading/uploading anything while playing? Is anyone else on your network?

When your game uses more bandwidth then you have available then the packets have to wait to be sent aka the pings get higher.

Upvote 0