• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Mac Killing Floor Mac won't start!

Smumet

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 1, 2012
As the title says, Killing Floor on my mac won't start... I click the play button and steam says "Preparing to launch Killing Floor" for about 1 - 2 seconds and then it disappers. After than nothing happens... :confused: I'm like WTF!! I try to do it again and i still won't start... Reloading steam dosen't work. I'm not the best tech guy with computers so if you need me to delete any files, please say where I can find them!

I am happy for any help I can get! Thanks!

I'm having the same problem. Killing Floor starts to launch, I get the loading image for a fraction of a second, and then it stops. I was able to play earlier today, but now nothing. I uninstalled and reinstalled KF, that didn't work. Then I did the same with Steam, and that didn't work either. I can't think of anything else to try. Any suggestions?

Upvote 0
If an uninstall and reinstall doesn't work, I would have to assume that uninstalling KF leaves some garbage behind within your 'library/application support' folder.

It might be worth having a look at what the Console (in Applications/utilities) has to say, when Steam fails to install, or fails to run. You should be able to manually download any files that are listed as missing.

Upvote 0