• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

killing floor is dieng

I feel that the game is dying.
I see less and less servers and players everyday, especially since update #3, perhaps from the decision to disable perks for 6+ servers.
I guess many people including me find playing with 5 other players boring

I agree, totally boring.
I used to play KF mod which had no player limit and guess what? Nobody played on 6-player servers.

perhaps you have never seen what it's actually like when a game dies entirely. KF is nowhere close to that.

It's already less popular than UT2004, which is a 5-year old game.

Upvote 0
lol well prophunt is not very feasible since there are too little amount of props in KF and if you took the same concept from garrys mod and applied it to KF, then the props could kill the players just by running into them.

I say make a largescale gamemode changer mut that is original. not just copying some other games mut. unless it's along the lines of the ut2004 rpg system cuz that mut is golden.

hell, why not have an invasion mode in KF where you all have to defend a small hill or bunker or something while having waves of specimens come at your from all sides?

and before you say "well you could just do that as a map" but that would be boring and difficult. why not add in an engineer tool that allows you to make auto turrets and mountable turrets along with med devices and ammo dispensers. also, you could maybe choose between that and another tool that lets you build barricades (not instantly of course)

how can you NOT see invasion servers popping up if this were made? it'd be tight!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
my thoughts on this are simple, I beleive KF was released at a time when there was a gap in the online gaming market and with a very good price making it very appealing. Now the big games like ARMA2 are being released it is obviuos that the player base for games like KF will take an hit.

For myself i feel it will be a good thing in some respects as now hopefully all the door blockers and so on will move on and take up there other past time of team killing and veichle hijacking :p

The game IMHO is not dieing but settling in.

Cheers JustFilth.

Upvote 0
Why are people so obsessed with how a game is performing? If you enjoy it, enjoy it. If you don't, bugger off. Let TWI worry about how well it's doing, it's their money not yours.

I see this behavior on virtually every gaming forum I visit, where people sit around and debate how well a game is doing versus others....as if it really matters when you sit down to play. The only games where that is of any concern are MMOs.....and those can be successful even with as few as 1,000 players.

Besides, I've seen dev houses release killer games....and fold three months later for reasons unrelated to how well their game did.

It's not Killing Floor that dies....it's you.

Upvote 0