• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

killing floor is dieng

i've actually gone back to left 4 dead today, playing expert difficulty. will i get banned from this forum now lol?!

i may try suicidal difficulty soon on KF, once i get bored of L4D again. only been playing on hard difficulty recently, which is starting to feel a bit easy as well now.

Cmon seriously, give TWI a damn break! it's been out less than month! They were on break and they are making fixes and patches all the time, just give them a damn break, for crying out loud!! Go take a break from KF and come back when the next patch is released

Upvote 0
Well if L4D survived with no mod or map creating support then KF must be 10x better.

KF beats L4D easily. So yeah I'm patience and wait for new game modes and patches, and ppls custom maps

These ppl are just pushing and pushing TWI to release patches even earlier.. Then they notice the patches have glitches and exploits, whatever u can find there, just becouse TWI needed to hurry releasing it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well if L4D survived with no mod or map creating support then KF must be 10x better.

sometimes the amount of people playing a game is not because it's a good game, but because of marketing.

L4D may be cool at first, but it has no replay value. KF has unlimited replay value. and that is the true test of a game.

Upvote 0
They aren't that different, and if you like shooting zombies then they both have a good replay value. There are plenty of custom maps for L4D as well, and you get PvP if you are into that. Survival as well but that is pretty crap compared to COD:WAW survival.

Anyhow they are both good games, it just depends what you prefer. I prefer the style of KF, but I prefer 'zombies' over 'specimens'.

Upvote 0
L4D zombies aren't really "zombies". They're more like "infected".

They are infected. KF specimens actually act more like traditional Romero zombies, even though they're not. The slow, steady, advance and difficulty to kill of specimens makes them more traditionally zombie-like.

Very few "zombie" games have just normal zombies. Classic Resident Evil games have zombies and all kinds of crazy mutants. Left 4 Dead has pseudo-zombies...and crazy mutants. Killing Floor has pseudo-zombies...and crazy mutants.

I guess most people would get bored if the only enemies were just traditional zombies. The thing is, zombies aren't really the "enemy" in Romero's zombies movies. They're more about the bad things that humans do in extreme situations and social commentary in human society in general. Zombies are more of a plot device or a force of nature. Thus they're not just about shooting zombies for the whole movie, whereas most "zombie" games are mostly about shooting zombies the whole time.

That said, I think a game with just zombies would be fine as long as the gameplay is more about long-term survival, collecting supplies, fortifying, dealing with other survivors, etc, rather than just running around and shooting zombies.

Upvote 0
Yeah true, actually the zombies in COD:WAW are probably the most traditional, they walk slow, moan and groan and keep coming at you when you blow body parts off (crawling along the floor).

I think they are my favorite zombies. The fact that they are nazi zombies is just icing on the cake :)

COD:WAW is actually a lot more similar to KF than L4D really, and if they had more open maps like KF or even L4D then it would be a better game than both of them put together.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
L4D may be cool at first, but it has no replay value. KF has unlimited replay value. and that is the true test of a game.
What a pile of crap.The fact that only 1200 people are playing KF on steam right now and it has dropped down to 16th place in the games list while L4D is hovering around 15000 and still 5th on the steam list says it all.
The lack of replay in KF is killing it.

Upvote 0