• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

killing floor is dieng

I don't see a shortage in servers, but a new form for play would be nice eventually. Deathmatch with the slow and sluggish KF guys would be interesting, though I'm sure there could be other and more creative solutions.

Maybe a mode called Retrieval, where you have a nice and long map which leads from point A to point B where you have to pick up something, then head all the way back from point B to point A without getting killed by the more advanced enemy types. The Unreal engine also supports vehicles, right? I'm not saying that it would fit in with KF as-is, just that it could eventually be an option for more variation if there were maps which required co-op revolving around a vehicle.

I'm not complaining though, I think KF is a lot of fun under the right circumstances and it doesn't need half-baked additions right now, it doesn't really have the groundwork for two teams of players shooting at eachother either, though some form of competetive co-op probably isn't too farfetched. For now, there's still plenty of community maps to wear out, though.:)

To sum up that post,
We just need Objective Gamemode and everyone will be happy :))

Upvote 0
Zombie master kind of gameplay pls.

Yeah ! That too.
If You (devs) will do that, I can guarantee that you will get way more players !
Just look at Zombie Master (source), the mod is officialy dead (none is working at it anymore) but many people are keep playing it, creating more and more custom maps for it.
IF they will notice similar game with more options to do in it.... guess what ? More customers :)

Upvote 0
I love KF as it is, but I'd also like to see more modes. The 'zombie master' mode sounds like tons of fun, for instance. It'd solve two problems: the general lack of surprises and variety in the gameplay, and the lack of extra game modes. Plus some sort of story/objective mode would be good too.

That said, I don't see myself getting bored of the standard mode anytime soon.:)

Upvote 0
Your are probably right.

1. When a game first comes out everyone goes crazy over it and will play for a while, so thats why it looked so packed.
  2. After a little while, those people get sick of the game and stop playing a ton, so only the people who love it remain, and everyone who ones it plays every now and again
  3. Also, the game is repetitive, but thats a good zombie game for you. I know how often my friend complains about the limited weapons and similar waves. I like that though :p

Upvote 0
I was kinda worried because we didn't have a "game is dying" thread yet.
as ya all know every selfrespecting game forum must have at least one offcourse.

thanks for creating this one, we are saved now ;)

QFT :D

Although i will agree that the progression of foes has started to get a little predictable. Like no surprise lone Fleshpound in (assuming Long-10 wave game) waves 3-6. Nope, they begin in wave 7 everytime. Its too easy for everyone to just prepare themselves come wave 7 for Fleshpounds while save in the knowledge they don't have to bother with an insanely powerful foe in the rounds before it.

Upvote 0
QFT :D

Although i will agree that the progression of foes has started to get a little predictable. Like no surprise lone Fleshpound in (assuming Long-10 wave game) waves 3-6. Nope, they begin in wave 7 everytime. Its too easy for everyone to just prepare themselves come wave 7 for Fleshpounds while save in the knowledge they don't have to bother with an insanely powerful foe in the rounds before it.

Yeah, it sort of gets on your consciousness, since after a while you pretty much know which monsters will come at which time.

So really, it wouldn't be TOO hard for the developers to randomize and diversify the waves (while maintaining similar difficulty level) instead of using the default wave progression.

I seriously believe it is the simpliest way to refresh the game.
Stuff like 'zombie master mode' is obviously a lot more complicated and should be left for the future

Upvote 0
I agree.. This game is still the best game i have right now, beats l4d easily.. damn right

So yeah, it needs objectives, story gameplay and some kind of missions during the waves so it gets more interesting and again, prevents the camp.

Story maps -- there's KF-Hive (custom map), but it's not out yet i think (atleast not on any servers).

It was awesome in the kf mod, people used to play it again and again.

Too bad we can't play it.

Upvote 0