• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing Floor hits 1000 servers?

I just scanned the Steam servers and it came up with 1,140 servers..I was a little sceptical of this so I then checked out the Gamespy Stats..

Here's their numbers 1092 servers, 3972 players that has pushed Red Orchestra (KF is marked as an RO gametype) to around the 7th most popular online fps game according to Gamespy...Above the likes of UT2004, BF2142, Quake 3 Arena and COD2.
Now by anyones standards that is a mighty impressive release..Well done TWI and well deserved...:D

Last edited:
Red Orchestra was an Unreal Tournament 2004 mod that turned into a full product, and surpassed UT2k4 in numbers.

It would appear the student has become the master.

Lmao.

Yeah, Gamespy has some decent numbers....Steam says:

(Current)5,569 (Peak today)8,304 Killing Floor

Not bad, about half or so of what L4D has.

http://store.steampowered.com/stats/

Gamespy can't be trusted really. :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Pretty impressive but lets not get too excited, its a new game only out a day or so if it has anything near these sort of numbers in a couple weeks time then i'll be impressed:). Looks like it sold really well though must have done 100,000+ pre-orders me thinks:cool:.

100,000 pre-orders? That's far to optimistic. I'm sure it'll be roughly 17-23,000 pre-orders.

Yes, it is also the initial wave. I predict a steady playerbase of 1500-3000 after it dies down.

Upvote 0
100,000 pre-orders? That's far to optimistic. I'm sure it'll be roughly 17-23,000 pre-orders.

It had 10,000 players playing on release :) your telling me that over 50 per cent of the players who pre-ordered were playing on release and that over 25 per cent of the entire possible playerbase is playing at any one time.

Maybe my estimate may be a tab over-optimistic but it was in the top 3 of the top sellers list all the time it was available to pre-order, and there is alot of players playing presently 6000 atm. Maybe 50,000-60,000 might be a tab more realistic.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
A couple of things to note. Gamespy shows people playing online on servers, Steam stats shows anyone playing online or offline (that is why games like Bioshock with no MP show up in the Steam stats).

And a note to Mkilbride2599, the pre-sales were way higher than you estimate ;)

Also keep in mind that there will be a retail release of KF coming up, and if it is anything like RO was, the retail release almost doubled the continous playerbase :)

Upvote 0