• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

KF Killing Floor Halloween - Fright Yard!

TWI:
Reggie is nice. Camo weapon pack, nice. Will have to try Us and Them Weapon Pack...
Some of us have things we would like to keep in KillingFloor.ini. Do you think you could tell us exactly what needs to be changed?

Reggie is certainly nice as he adds some more flavor to KF's interesting roster of warriors. I have noticed that many voice commands are reused, a lot of which he seems to express as a laugh more often than words. I think most of the fun will be in trying to decipher what he is mumbling, and it may benefit from an increase in voice volume.

The Us and Them Weapon Pack is fun to have, although the price increase to $7.99 was a mild deterrent. There are 2 demo launchers which seem alright but my first impression was that the Seeker 6 seems a little weak. Sort of like a rapid fire minimissile launcher. Then there is a much cheaper ZED gun to assist in killing the big guys [if your team is intending to utilize the alt-fire]. The last weapon is essentially a medic version of the flamethrower [Blower Thrower]. This weapons is cool in theory but seems out of place in the medic loadout as it doesn't offer any healing. That being said it has the excellent ability of aggroing specimens onto the nearby bloat, which has so many useful applications in a harried game of Hell on Earth.

Shortly after I noticed that the Ping heading was missing from the server browser I restarted KF [around 5:00pm EST] and a quick update happened. When I launched the game again the Ping was added back into the server browser, so hopefully you can save your KillingFloor.ini with a restart if you haven't been able to already.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Found out how to make objective mode work with frightyard on dedicated servers, but when i chose objective mode from the webadmin, it has no option for frightyard (if it's the normal KFMod.KFgametype) and only steamland.

Involves using KFmod.KFOGameType and KFO-FrightYard.rom?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The new updates are fun, but there are some annoying Linux bugs:

a) all nvidia opengl rendering issues are still there
b) when you subscribe to a workshop item it is stored in a subdir of $HOME/.killingfloor/System and not in $HOME/.killingfloor - i would use a different overlay dir for windows as well - it is stupid to put download files into the main folder
c) It is still impossible to level up when the server uses a mutator
d) It seems to be impossible to buy the potato for 70000 on Linux

Upvote 0
There was a time DLCs for Killing floor where just cosmetic, now you are selling content in the form of weapon. TWI, if you want to sell content why not go all out and work on an expansion pack with new Zed, new game mods, or other stuff like that. Weapon pack DLCs just further bloat the game. Oh well, at least you are not DLCing maps, then I will have issues(just the line for me).

Oh well, minus my tiny rant on DLCs, good to see a new map and the return of hillbilly Zeds. Also the continue work on the game, even if most of it seem to be just spinning wheel(Really, an expansion pack, think about it).

Upvote 0
Got some invisible textures and made some screenshots.
2013-10-26_00002mdjja.jpg

2013-10-26_00001e8jev.jpg

2013-10-26_0000350j4h.jpg

2013-10-26_00004p4jq3.jpg

2013-10-26_00005kfjhw.jpg

2013-10-26_00006yaki8.jpg

i validated my steam files more then once.
Greetings Sk1n

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This version same high memory eat bug.
Server connection failed.

fixed server crush lock ?.
I looked so.

Melee timer crush. I no check.

SteamWorks loading program is buggy.
Full class load high memory eat.
I have said many times.

Trader Shop is not a fix for memory bug.
TWI is escape to bug.

******** Add check *********
This version also patch and recompiled, it does not have the capacity to most mod to work.

It is a program of the worst.
Stop! Interrupt the event.
Fix the bug prior to the release of Junk DLC.

There was announcement If you change the trader for relaxation limit.
Is it a lie?

Code:
NetComeGo: Close TcpipConnection xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:61077 10/26/13 23:07:02
NetComeGo: Open myLevel 10/26/13 23:07:03 XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:61077
NetComeGo: Close TcpipConnection XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:61077 10/26/13 23:07:03
NetComeGo: Close TcpipConnection XXX.XX.XXX.XX:51729 10/26/13 23:07:05
NetComeGo: Open myLevel 10/26/13 23:07:05 XXX.XX.XXX.24:51729
Log: STEAMAUTH : Sending updated server details - [JP]=*ZMT*= KF Server #08 Mori^2 Local Perk [CustomMap-Hell-6Wave] 0 | 15
NetComeGo: Close TcpipConnection XXX.XXX.X.XXX:61267 10/26/13 23:07:09
NetComeGo: Open myLevel 10/26/13 23:07:10 XXX.XXX.X.XXX:61267
NetComeGo: Open myLevel 10/26/13 23:07:13 XXX.XX.XXX.24:63674
Log: STEAMAUTH : Sending updated server details - [JP]=*ZMT*= KF Server #08 Mori^2 Local Perk [CustomMap-Hell-6Wave] 0 | 15
NetComeGo: Open myLevel 10/26/13 23:07:14 XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:61081
NetComeGo: Close TcpipConnection XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:61081 10/26/13 23:07:20
NetComeGo: Open myLevel 10/26/13 23:07:20 XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:61081

Last edited:
Upvote 0
worst update in ever. seriously, ANOTHER premium character? where did the character packs go. and just another stupid weapon pack. just what the hell is going on there? the weapons are totally out of context! the reason what made killing floor so unique is that besides the zeds, it was still pretty realistic.

you didnt even add any free stuff this time around..

keep going like this and people will turn their back at you tw

Last edited:
Upvote 0
worst update in ever. seriously, ANOTHER premium character? where did the character packs go. and just another stupid weapon pack. just what the hell is going on there? the weapons are totally out of context! the reason what made killing floor so unique is that besides the zeds, it was still pretty realistic.

MAP is free. If you don't like weapons don't buy them.

Upvote 0
I'd like to say that the new map is frickin' fantastic in both wave and objective modes. As huge as Farm and as climactic as Bedlam (pumpkin forlift operators, anyone?). It's good to see fun doesn't stop once the Sheriff is out of duty ^^ I'm already looking forward to play on objective map for upcoming Christmas event :D Big cheers for bugfixes and refinements, too: starting as Sharpshooter just for money? Hah, no more. And the trader menu is now perfectly usable!

On the other hand... I would really love to see comeback of the 4-pack reskin DLCs instead of a single character, which on top of that is more expensive. It's downright insulting to me as both player and customer you've chosen this way over the old style and I'd rather have no new character at all! I can understand Ash Harding as it was the first female character in the game, but anything else? Please give us a free character or at the (very) least reduce the price of current singles. New voice for Reggie isn't a big deal either - just a few lines! You've already had concept of third male voice so for heaven's sake, get back to that!

Killing Floor - KF_MaleVoiceThree Quotes - YouTube

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hungry PolarBear said:
Reggie is certainly nice as he adds some more flavor to KF's interesting roster of warriors. I have noticed that many voice commands are reused, a lot of which he seems to express as a laugh more often than words. I think most of the fun will be in trying to decipher what he is mumbling, and it may benefit from an increase in voice volume.

Dude, it's Keith Richards.. when was the last time you ever understood a word the man was saying? :p

Upvote 0
This version same high memory eat bug.
Server connection failed.

fixed server crush lock ?.
I looked so.

Melee timer crush. I no check.

SteamWorks loading program is buggy.
Full class load high memory eat.
I have said many times.

Trader Shop is not a fix for memory bug.
TWI is escape to bug.

******** Add check *********
This version also patch and recompiled, it does not have the capacity to most mod to work.

It is a program of the worst.
Stop! Interrupt the event.
Fix the bug prior to the release of Junk DLC.

There was announcement If you change the trader for relaxation limit.
Is it a lie?

Code:
NetComeGo: Close TcpipConnection xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:61077 10/26/13 23:07:02
NetComeGo: Open myLevel 10/26/13 23:07:03 XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:61077
NetComeGo: Close TcpipConnection XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:61077 10/26/13 23:07:03
NetComeGo: Close TcpipConnection XXX.XX.XXX.XX:51729 10/26/13 23:07:05
NetComeGo: Open myLevel 10/26/13 23:07:05 XXX.XX.XXX.24:51729
NetComeGo: Close TcpipConnection XXX.XXX.X.XXX:61267 10/26/13 23:07:09
NetComeGo: Open myLevel 10/26/13 23:07:10 XXX.XXX.X.XXX:61267
NetComeGo: Open myLevel 10/26/13 23:07:13 XXX.XX.XXX.24:63674
NetComeGo: Open myLevel 10/26/13 23:07:14 XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:61081
NetComeGo: Close TcpipConnection XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:61081 10/26/13 23:07:20
NetComeGo: Open myLevel 10/26/13 23:07:20 XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:61081

Next debuging

Full Load When AddServerpackage by Workshop program code.
There is no sense of dynamic load call.
Need kill workshop code.
you escape to bug ?

Connection lock.

Starting server
KillingFloor.ini or Script

ServerPacage Adding <- LoadCheck
:
:
server bootup
ServerPacage Adding <- failed
Server Network <- failed

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Dude, it's Keith Richards.. when was the last time you ever understood a word the man was saying? :p

Honestly very rarely, if at all. That being said I immediately jumped on this character DLC because I really enjoy the idea of adding a new voice to the sounds of the Killing Floor. Interacting by way of voice commands is a lot of fun and has potential to string together some hilarious conversations between players.

While the novelty of his appearance was enjoyable, including that realistic cigarette between his lips, I feel that the character might benefit from just a little more diversity in the lines. That is totally cool if it is an unintelligible and garbled mess, just as long as it is something a little different. Thanks :cool:

Upvote 0

I understand why modders and custom server players/admins are upset with this update, but vanilla players should keep mouth shut imo. You got free new map (not bad at all), objectives (primitive, but at least something fresh), a lot of bug fixes and (!) finally some balance changes.

What are you whining about?
Don't like new character? Avoid buying it. Price too high? Wait for discounts.
No new free weapons? There are too many weapons in stock game already.
Want to support Tripwire for updating FP? Buy Golden/Camo packs. Price too high? Wait for discounts.

Upvote 0