• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

KF Killing Floor Halloween - Fright Yard!

--New weapons are great. Gimmicky, but the gimmicks are fun ones. No immediately noticeable balance issues. They're out of place for the original atmosphere of the game, but the original atmosphere of the game has been dead for a while, so whatever. Fun things are fun.
--I would have liked to have seen the return of the 4 packs of skins rather than a single skin DLC, but since there's a new voice, I guess it's not an outrage or anything. I'll be waiting for a sale, though.
--Camo's silly, but less silly than two gold packs. Also way less garish to see in other people's hands, I'm sure. 8 bucks is way steep though, no sale until it's on sale, for me.
--Dualies accuracy and Scrake headshots, great to see that finally looked at.
--With the new trader, it's easier than ever to ignore the camo and the gold, if you're not into that sort of thing.
--Being able to chose between regular and camo/gold at the trader is nice if you're only sometimes into that sort of thing. Maybe with that, I'll go back and buy the second gold weapon pack... when there's a good sale.
--Spawn item sell price balancing, it's great that you tried, but demo having two sellable spawn items completely defeats the purpose.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Got one question, though, where is ping tab in server browser? Because its kindaaaaa moooore important than current wave number :D
All you have to do is adjust the size of the tabs. So drag the Server name tab down in size, and repeat with all the others until you get to the right side of the wave tab. When you drag the right side of the wave tab to the left it will show the ping tab. :)

Upvote 0
TWI:
Reggie is nice. Camo weapon pack, nice. Will have to try Us and Them Weapon Pack.
Fixes/long requested features are best.
Potato day achievements, that's cheers.
DLC, very overpriced, even the recent gold pack 2 on sale, I don't wanna spend $1 per weapon skin when $1 used to buy (still buys, but who hasn't got them) 4 unique character skins.
No free content besides the maps now, well at-least there's objective mode, I guess we traded 4 free weapons for an obj variant this time...

Keep up the good work! :p

If you delete your killingfloor.ini it will be fixed. But we will be pushing a hotfix that will make both tabs show up for those that do not.
Some of us have things we would like to keep in KillingFloor.ini. Do you think you could tell us exactly what needs to be changed?

Or should we just:
All you have to do is adjust the size of the tabs. So drag the Server name tab down in size, and repeat with all the others until you get to the right side of the wave tab. When you drag the right side of the wave tab to the left it will show the ping tab. :)

Spoiler!
Hahaha, <3.

Looks good. But the DLC is a bit rich, $21 in Australia to get all 3 packs? (whole game bundle is on special for $12)
Oath.

I'll go back and buy the second gold weapon pack... when there's a good sale
I see your key-word there, re-used for my post. ;)
Spawn item sell price balancing, it's great that you tried, but demo having two sellable spawn items completely defeats the purpose.
Dang-it!

Upvote 0
When will I be able to complete the ZED gun parts achievement and unlock the weapon?

Good update though, been trying out the new OBJ map twice on Normal and we failed on pat both times lol, the raining bile and not being able to respawn anymore makes it much tougher. Can't imagine that level on HoE, I can't even beat Steamland OBJ on HoE. Also nice to see you fixed the starting prices, starting as Firebug is a good choice now since you'll get armor as well.

Upvote 0
Is it bad that I think the missile launcher is up?

In playing a game on hard I observed that it takes more than one "seeker" missile to kill a clot with a direct hit on-perk. It sounds cool and handles really well but it seems a little underwhelming. I believe that it will be a challenge to kill 10 specimens in five seconds for that achievement unlock.

Upvote 0
I think the most disappointing thing for me is I pay to run public servers for this game. Granted you didn't ask me too, but when you depend on your player base to run servers for your game and keep it alive, I feel like you could throw us a bone and put the DLC on sale.

As a fellow player I certainly appreciate your shelling out of personal dosh so that others can enjoy this game, but I would be surprised if anything brand-spanking new would come out with a ready discount. Seems like standard procedure to wait some time before you can nab it for cheaper.

Upvote 0