• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing floor glossary

AK-47: A commando-oriented weapon with ironsights. More powerful than the bullpup.

Bullpup: The L85a2. It is the only assault rifle in the Mod. Has a scope.

C)
Chainsaw: Not included in the game until an update, one of the stronger, but expensive melee weapons.

Compound Crossbow: A very powerful crossbow. Arrows fly in a straight arc, and can penetrate multiple enemies. You can re-use arrows by picking them up.

Commando: Uses machine guns and has the ability to see health of specimens. Can also spot cloaked specimens. If they're shooting at what seems to be thin air, TRUST them!

Dualies: Dual 9mm. Double the damage, double the speed.

G)

Gorefast: One of the specimens chasing you. This one speeds up if it can smell your fear.

H)

Handcannon: Its a rather large pistol. It shoots .50cal slugs. Deadly up close, but at a distance a tad to innaccurate. Can go Dual HC's in the retail version.

K)
Knife: The lightest weapon in the game, which allows you to run quickly. When paired with the berserker perk or medic perk, you gain quite an impressive speed boost.

Katana: A light, long, melee weapon. One of the more powerful melee weapons in the game, but also costly.

L)

The L.A.W. : Think of a big bazooka. Now think bigger. That is the L.A.W. Warning: Do NOT fire when friendlies are bound to walk through your line of fire. Seriously, don't. They won't die. You will. The L.A.W. in retail is DIFFERENT from the Mod as it is weakened.

M14 EBR: A semi-automatic battle rifle that is one of the more powerful sharpshooter weapons in the game.

Money, Money, Money: In this game money makes the world go round. It allows the purchasing of body armor and bigger, better weapons. It can be obtained by, finishing a round, healing teammates, Killing Specimens and recieving it from teammates. Use the "b" key to chuck money by default. Remeber, sharing with teammates is a good thing...

SCARMK17 (SCAR): An assult rifle that has a smaller clip, but does more damage. Has the semi-automatic or automaic abilities. Expensive.

Sharpshooter: A single head-shot, and the big ones hit the ground hard. Sharpshooters use precision weapons and focus on getting headshots to maximize damage.

~MORE ADDITIONS COMING~
-I need suggestions and nominations ppl! Feel free to pm me or post if you feel strongly about adding something or someone!

Alright, i have some (spelling nazi) suggestions to add; if you so feel like it.

AK47: also an assault rifle.
Bullpup: not the only assault rifle anymore
Chainsaw: not one of the stronger melee weapons. A knife is stronger.
Compound Crossbow: Must shoot in front of targets to hit at long range.
Commando: uses assault and battle rifles, not machine guns.
Dualies: half the accuracy.
Gorefast: then why does it run at all?
Handcannon: it shoots .44Magnum bullets (hence 8 round mag). It doesn't shoot slugs at all.
Knife: also more useful than chainsaw.
Katana: The most powerful melee weapon.
LAW: More expensive, but worse overall, than the M32 or M79.
M14EBR: promotes spamming rather than sharpshooting.
Money: i saw two spelling mistakes. (that's the spelling nazi in me)
SCARMk17: More spelling mistakes, and it's a Magazine, not a Clip. Refer to my post in the Scar thread for clarification. Also a battle rifle due to the bullet it fires.
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=42115
Sharpshooter: Due to the implementation of the M14EBR, it is no longer a "precision weapons and headshot" perk.

I hope my criticism isn't taken as offensive or personal.
I only aim to improve your glossary with up-to-date spelling and info.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
M14EBR: promotes spamming rather than sharpshooting.
Sharpshooter: Due to the implementation of the M14EBR, it is no longer a "precision weapons and headshot" perk.

I hope my criticism isn't taken as offensive or personal.
I only aim to improve your glossary with up-to-date spelling and info.

getting a bit personal dont you think? hahaha.

PS: i dont understand how the knife is stronger than the chainsaw (were talking about damage yes?) and i dont understand how its more useful than the knife. maybe you can clarify? reason is, if this is TRUE, why arent all the zerkers holding off the hordes with only a knife?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

PS: i dont understand how the knife is stronger than the chainsaw (were talking about damage yes?) and i dont understand how its more useful than the knife. maybe you can clarify? reason is, if this is TRUE, why arent all the zerkers holding off the hordes with only a knife?

The reason is quite simply the headshot multiplyer was nerfed on the Chainsaw to 0.25. This means that the damage it does on headshots is a quarter of what it normally is on body shots. And believe me, hitting the body instead of the head is alot harder than it seems with the chainsaw.

Try it on solo clot buster. Have 1 round running around using primary fire to decap clots, and the next round crouch on the floor and rip up their bodies. They drop a hell of alot faster in the latter situation.

The knife on the other hand does alot better since even though it does bugger all stabbing the body, you can do really good damage on headstabz, rather than having to stare at the floor all the time like on the Chainsaw.

Using it this way you can cut down specs rather fast, so its certainly not a weak weapon, its just massively impractical.

Upvote 0
The knife is an awesome weapon. After my team wiped out on suicidal all I had was a knife and a mp7 (Me medic) and I managed to kill around 250 zombies with just the knife and picking up the xbow just for FP's.

Yeah the chainsaw isn't very good but at least you can sell it at the begining of the game and buy the much better Axe (and yes the axe is that good, I take out FP's easy with it).

be important?

I got no chance then :p

Upvote 0
The reason is quite simply the headshot multiplyer was nerfed on the Chainsaw to 0.25. This means that the damage it does on headshots is a quarter of what it normally is on body shots. And believe me, hitting the body instead of the head is alot harder than it seems with the chainsaw.

That's stupid, remember the original trailer, where it had a scene with a player decapping ****loads of specimens with a chainsaw, blood EVERYWHERE!

Upvote 0
That's stupid, remember the original trailer, where it had a scene with a player decapping ****loads of specimens with a chainsaw, blood EVERYWHERE!

Yeah, that was awesome, I mean I can understand a nerf to 1.0 so there is no headshot bonus, it just does standard damage, but make it so it does less damage on the headstabz? That no compute o_O

Upvote 0

I meant personal to No Glory, as in my criticisms pointed out a number of spelling mistakes, and things that i have seen in Killing Floor, such as the M14EBR promoting spam. I have only seen one or two people using the M14 as a sharpshooter weapon, so saying it promotes spam is accurate in a way.

Like if No Glory was to add that, and a new guy browsed it, he'd see the "Promotes spam" and think, ok then.
Then he'd get ingame and see sharpies spamming the M14 rapidly.
Then he'd say "No Glory was right, M14 does promote spam."
Or something like that.

Upvote 0
I ran a forum search before asking this question and I couldnt come up with any definitive results..

Is there a list of the weapon tiers somewhere? ..and if not could someone (preferably a TWI staff member) post a list of how the weapons fit into the different tiers, please?

I handed out several (more than 5) Crossbows to fellow survivors tonight hoping to get the 'Tis Better To Give Than To Receive' achievement and none of them counted. Yes, they used them to kill Zeds.

Thanks.

Upvote 0
I ran a forum search before asking this question and I couldnt come up with any definitive results..

Is there a list of the weapon tiers somewhere? ..and if not could someone (preferably a TWI staff member) post a list of how the weapons fit into the different tiers, please?

I handed out several (more than 5) Crossbows to fellow survivors tonight hoping to get the 'Tis Better To Give Than To Receive' achievement and none of them counted. Yes, they used them to kill Zeds.

Thanks.

I did that with a SCAR, and it worked fine. Maybe Xbow is tier 2? Because I doubt even a level 6 would spawn with a tier 3 weapon, right?

Upvote 0