• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Mac Killing Floor from Steam quits after ketting killed

drbristow

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 16, 2012
I bought the Killing Floor package on Steam last night in the sale. The game looks like a lot of fun but unfortunately as soon as i restart after getting killed the game quits out without any error messages. I just get dumped back to the finder. Steam is still running and there is no crash report.

Also it fails to launch some times. I've tried different resolutions and quality settings but nothing seems to stop this game quitting.

Im running a 2011 27" iMac with 8gb Ram and 10.7.4

I see there are other posts regarding crashing or not launching but none seem to mention crashing after getting killed.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited:
Ive tried a few things tonight. Going offline in steam, changing the desktop the game runs on, windowed mode, lower quality. No joy. As soon as i get killed and try to start again the game quits out.

This is the first steam game i've had that doesnt just work. Guess i'll have to see what Steams refund policy is.

EDIT:
OK ive tried a multiplayer game as i was just doing solo before and it seems to work so its just the solo that seems to be broken at the moment. The game also crashed when i tried hosting a server.

Last edited:
Upvote 0