• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing Floor freezing entire PC randomly

I'm not sure what is causing this, but I just built my new PC and the only game that is having problems is Killing Floor, it randomly freezes my entire PC with seemingly no pattern.

My system is:

Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium
I7 920 @ 2.66Ghz
6GB DDR3 RAM
GTX 275

Killing Floor is the only game on my entire PC that is giving me problems, I suspect it's some kind of issue with Windows 7 64 or something, I'm not really sure. Just now I had it freeze with 2 enemies left on wave 10, I was axing a scrake and it froze then of course they lost. It forces me to basically hard reboot my PC because nothing will respond. I can go 3 or so hours playing it with no freezes, so I don't really know what could be causing it.

I need some help because I play lots of KF and this is kind of depressing having it freeze like this. If there's a log file or something I'd be happy to show it but I don't know where one would be. There are also no serious errors in Eventlog, so yeah... =(

Here is the most recent Killingfloor.log file from my freeze:View attachment KillingFloor.log

Last edited:
I always run Speedfan and my CPU never goes above 50 and my GPU never climbs above 60.

Did anything look strange in my KillingFloor.log file?

I was hoping it would be as easy as reseating my RAM since my old PC was having freezing problems and that was what fixed it, but no luck.

I disabled AA so maybe that will work, I don't know. Making me sadface hard cause Killing Floor is my favorite game at the moment.

I played KF for about 4 hours today and no freezes, so hopefully that means the problem is resolved. I'm not sure though.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well, im not sure if he is the only one with problems, because my game freezes random too, the last game it freezed like 6 times, complete game freeze im not sure if it freeze all the computer but this happen after the christmas update, and in my copy of windows xp it freeze and crash moments after the freeze.
Computer Specs:
Windows 7 Home premium x64
Windows XP Home Edition x86
Intel core 2 duo E7300 2.66GHz
3GB RAM DDR2-800
Nvidia Geforce 9800GT 512MB DDR3

Upvote 0