• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing Floor Events: Questions for the Devs

johnkeel105

Aug 4, 2007
I think it is awesome that Tripwire releases these awesome updates that temporarily change the game. The Christmas Event was awesome, the Portal Event was quite cool as well, and I am sure that this new Summer Event will be quite memorable. I know you guys put a ton of work into this, my clan appreciates all the hard work you do and I am sure the majority of the community does as well.

Yet what is most upsetting is that this great content is created, and it is enjoyed for a short period of time. Then it is removed from the game. Sadly the Santa's workshop map, and the Portal map do not feel correct without the changes that were made to them during the event. I am not saying that all of our money in game should be potatoes. But it would be nice to have the winter monsters remain, and the portal map trader to be glados.

I hope this stuff isnt being pulled of of the game due to size requirements of hardrives and files, because as new maps have been added it keeps the game keeps growing in size anyway. I just don't understand why all that awesomeness and hardwork has to disappear. That being said I have a few questions for the devs if they can find time in their busy schedule to quickly answer.

Why do you remove great content and change the way these maps were meant to be enjoyed after all the hard work you guys invest?

Will we ever get to play these maps again as they originally were?

Will those of us ever get another chance to unlock the badass Santa again or any of these time based achievement skins?

Despite these concerns I want you guys to know that we appreciate your work. Your dedication and support is worthy of dedication and support from |DOS| clan and myself. We wouldn't host all these servers if we didn't love your game. We look forward to fighting in RO2 and hopefully one day KF2! Thanks :)

Last edited:
Will those of us ever get another chance to unlock the badass Santa again or any of these time based achievement skins?

From what I understand, when the Christmas season comes around again the Gingerfasts will make their return. But who know when that will be. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Murphy
Upvote 0
I would honestly like to see TWI adopt/look into the community setup so event zeds stay on their respective maps after the event is over. Someone made a mutator that makes Christmas zeds show up on the santa map but no other map. Maybe it would make them less "special", but perhaps a new map could be added with each event. Perhaps there could be other events not yet tapped into. Easter, St. Patrick's day, Thanks Giving, Halloween, Birthday Bash, Black Friday?

Upvote 0
I would honestly like to see TWI adopt/look into the community setup so event zeds stay on their respective maps after the event is over. Someone made a mutator that makes Christmas zeds show up on the santa map but no other map. Maybe it would make them less "special", but perhaps a new map could be added with each event. Perhaps there could be other events not yet tapped into. Easter, St. Patrick's day, Thanks Giving, Halloween, Birthday Bash, Black Friday?

I'm up for everything here 'cept maybe for thanksgiving and black friday. I could be wrong, but America is the only country that actually celebrates those two, right? Don't forget that an assload of the KF fanbase is also in Europe, yknow. Better have something that (almost) everyone everywhere celebrates to some degree!

Upvote 0
I'm up for everything here 'cept maybe for thanksgiving and black friday. I could be wrong, but America is the only country that actually celebrates those two, right? Don't forget that an assload of the KF fanbase is also in Europe, yknow. Better have something that (almost) everyone everywhere celebrates to some degree!

Well thanksgiving is an american holiday but wouldn't you want to shoot some zeds dressed up as turkeys? :D One big turkey shoot you might say.

And well normal KF is already like black friday. Complete with frenzied crowds and guns. Two years ago a best buy employee got trampled by a stampede when he unlocked the door. He died. Also someone got shot at Toys R' Us.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Have to agree with you n Slavek. Honestly, after the ARG Event, I don't want to play on the KF-Aperture map, even though I'm missing 3 map difficulty achievements from it. And its all cause the current Trader just, doesn't fit right.

A greymut that fixes this would be welcome, good work going to waste is sad. :(

Upvote 0

as they argued during the Christmas event, than that would make the event "less special"..........that argument was dismissed on multiple occasions as being illogical and invalid, although that's still probably the same stance they'll end up having for this event as well. ;)

edit: in other words, make the best of it while you can.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Perfectly honest I like the maps still, though I love new maps being officially released and don't seem to mind as much as everyone else when the content is removed. I remember during the christmas update I forgot what quite a few of the zeds looked like, just because I got so used to the Christmas skins :rolleyes: I was really looking forward to seeing a Scrake again, then realised thta hope was stupid as he tried to chainsaw my face off :p

I'm happy with the maps as is, and I'm not sure til it's implemented (if it is), but I think special events should eb left for special events, just because I feel that it would detract from the Christmas update if you could just go play the Santas Lair map and see the Christmas zeds there whenever you wanted; it doesn't really become interesting when it does get released again at that point. In my opinion anyway. ;)

Also, actual question for any developers following the conversation: Can we expect the white list mutator/maps to be updated? Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
"They were for the event only, sorry!" - [TW]Wilsonam

I guess that's it then. Thanks a lot for the customer support Tripwire. I'll make sure never to buy another one of your games again if this is the kind of exclusive elitism that you support.

Sigh.

A: Check the date of threads before you necro them from the pits of hell.

B: The events are planned to come back annually, as stated many times on this forum, as well as previously being put into action, like the most recent christmas.

Upvote 0
I second C_Gibby's sentiment, given the manner in which you've so far conducted yourself upon these forums I certainly don't endorse your self promoted 'spokesperson of the community'.

Achievements are purely fluff. If you are so focused on them than congratulations upon you successful indoctrination into the 'The Magpie Shiny Object Appreciation Society'

Those two particular achievements where for taking part in the Portal 2 ARG. A Valve event in which TWI took part in. What's wrong with only awarding them to the people that took part.

I think it was Undead J that had a good suggestion. Which I might point out is a better way of doing things than writing a hoity toity PM.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
My post reads that If those of you reading this share this opinion and wish for achievements to be of equal opportunity for ALL players, I suggest you PM the devs with this statement:
Since you don't agree, then that means you aren't included.

Then instead, write:

"People who like to complain about the lack of a second chance to get the ARG-related achievements" rather than "Killing Floor Community". Screw you Mr. Self-Appointed Spokesman for not including me in the KFC just because I don't care about the ARG.

Upvote 0
"Screw you"? Do you honestly think insults will get your point across? Do you think I care more for your opinion now than I did before because you're resorting to this? Under what supposition do you choose to argue that I was not including you? This is just a basic petition form, you can put whatever you want in the undersigned, it's just a placeholder for whoever wants to put their name in who's a member of the KFC who agrees, agreement-contingent actions which you did not choose to perform, and therefore are not included in the portion of the community who cares about the issue in the petition. Again, the post reads that BY YOUR SUBMISSION OF THE FORM YOU AGREE AS A MEMBER OF THE COMMUNITY, not that if you DO NOT perform these action you are not a member of the community.

You're irate.

Upvote 0
Lol Gibby, what's your problem? Take it easy, he only wants to make sure everyone should be able to get everything, in contrast to what some other games promote, at least in terms of achievements (which might, to some people, gives them a sense of "completing the game").

Take these differences for example:

I have 100% achievements. I think it's completely unfair that some of the achievements were timelimitted. No biasm there.

You say that you don't give a flying turd what achivements others should be able to get, because you don't care about achievements at all apparently, no? Then that's pure biasm and egocentric to the max. Do you REALLY think your opinion will matter then? No, so just ignore his plea, because you don't think it matters either way. You are only mad at Alphaboy cuz you can't read...

Reactions: Islidox and EpharGy
Upvote 0