• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

KF Killing Floor Dog bot / sentry (german shephard) Fake or real???

Thats made by a user who sells stuff (which is against EULA).
There are no downloads to most of his stuff (or public servers for that matter). The best you can do is join a modded russian server and hope that the server is running them.
You can also find a creepy obscure russian forums were people will upload the files.
So if i was you, just ignore it.

Upvote 0
Hello all KF players. I have accidentally found this video on the internet, does aonyone know if this thing is real or is some sort of fake?

If its real does anyone know a server where you can play with such companion?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4H7PmAIKFk

(PS I already tried searching the forums and I did not find anything regarding this "dog"

If you do manage to find a server running this mod, you can use a cache extractor utility to convert the file in your cache folder and make it usable in single player or on your own server.

http://www.xyvo.com/kf/ I've been using this to get hold of a lot of maps and files that aren't very well distributed or maintained.

Upvote 0
If you do manage to find a server running this mod, you can use a cache extractor utility to convert the file in your cache folder and make it usable in single player or on your own server.

http://www.xyvo.com/kf/ I've been using this to get hold of a lot of maps and files that aren't very well distributed or maintained.

Just to let you know, this is not 100% always going to work. Some of us know ways around it so you can not do it without the mod breaking ;). I have it but I do not have it in a public state as it's all built in my mod.

Upvote 0
OK Guys I found it.
I have the file, even took a look inside...
AGAIN: Selling mods, skins and so on for Killing floor, RO Ostfront, KF2, RO2 is ILLEGAL.
Anything you make, any mod, must not be sold for money or any other valuables its just not right to do it and is against law and common sense!

Just think about it: you can't fuc*ing "make" a class that extends ROProjectile weapon or KFPawn and then sell it since its based FIRST on Unreal code, which is owned by Epic, and only way to sell stuff based on this code is to have license, WHICH YOU OBVIOUSLY DONT, and secondly, you also extend class made by TWI guys, which is their work.

Its just like taking a book, from the store, cut some pages, glue some others at the end, and then start printing and selling it as your own.
Its wrong. Period.

Basically anything you make as mod for TWI games, instantly becomes property of TWI. Or property of the Community if you like it so. Can't sell. No dosh allowed.....

I will upload the Dog/German Shepherd BOT tomorrow, and please some one update it and add more features to control it, and update the animations/add new ones since the current ones suck.
I also suggest the following: if you find any of these paid mods somewhere, be KIND and upload them in this topic, so that anyone can use them for free.

Just to let you know, this is not 100% always going to work. Some of us know ways around it so you can not do it without the mod breaking ;). I have it but I do not have it in a public state as it's all built in my mod.
Fuxi hi, I completely agree with you that someone may want to make his server "the best" or stuff like that, but just think about it: tomorrow your server may go down or you may get sick and in hospital, stuff happens, and all of this content is immediately LOST, and even though its nice and enjoyable there will be no one to enjoy it!

And if you are afraid of someone stealing your "credit" for making stuff, just release stuff in public (e.g. Steam Workshop) so that everyone knows you made it. This way no one is gonna bother prefixing all the classes with their clantag, because there will be hundreds of servers running the same stuff with its original name!!! Just think about it! Can you take a bible, type Fluxis' Bible on the cover, and start offering it to people instead of the original one? No one is gonna buy that lie, because there are millions of the original already released before the fake, you just wont be able to fool people....
If some people are getting really childish, and cry for fame, they can just paint their name somewhere on the texture if its a player model, or on the magazine of the weapon, so that it is only seen while reloading. No one is gonna bother cache-extracting, importing package in editor, then texture exporting, editing in 3rd party software and then again import back into SDK and so on and so on. Its a waste of time...And in the end its just a game....

The ONLY stuff that should really be protected is: AntiCheat/Bugfix/ExploitFix stuff, and Admin and Server specific mutators (personal admin tools).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It's not what you think it is. My stuff that I kept for myself was made for my own community and those who played with us. I did things to test things out, I modified absolutely everything apart from the HUD and I kept it all within the same code file and even made new resource files with everything dragged into it to cut files down. I put so much work into it, I didn't want others to just get ahold of it, especially as I knew it was never going to be finish and constantly updated.

Credit was never an issue unless I was tested new projects which certain modders or types ( I wont mention) would cache them out and steal for themselves. This had happened many times to others.

Bible? Nah, I couldn't care what you do. It was a personal project I made for my server and my server only. All credit was given to and I even asked permission for many stuff. My point was that I couldn't physically give you anything I don't have original files for as everything was modified and imported into my own giant mod.

Upvote 0