• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Mac Killing floor crashes at launch

Hiamsam

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 18, 2012
Killing floor crashes at the loading/splash screen. I looked at the logs and this is what file is missing. How would I get this file? Does not seem to download automatically. Here is the Log.
Code:
Log: Log file open, Thu Jul 19 02:41:57 2012
Init: Name subsystem initialized
Init: Version: 3339 (128.29)
Init: RO_VERSION: 1019
Init: KF_VERSION: 1036
Init: Compiled: Jul  9 2012 16:47:20
Init: Command line: 7
Init: (This is Mac OS X patch version 3339.0)
Init: Character set: Unicode
Init: Base directory: /Users/samuelcutting1997/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/KillingFloor/System/
Init: Ini:KillingFloor.ini   UserIni:User.ini
Init: Build label:  Build UT2004_Build_[2004-11-11_10.48]
Init: Object subsystem initialized
Log: Your ini had WinDrv...Forcing use of SDLDrv instead.
Log: Your ini had D3DDrv...Forcing use of OpenGLDrv instead.
Warning: Missing Class Class Editor.TransBuffer
Log: Initializing OpenGLDrv...
Log: binding OpenGL library...
Log: Game class is 'KFCinematicGame'
Log: Bringing Level Entry.myLevel up for play (0) appSeconds: 3.100921...
ScriptLog: GameInfo::InitGame : bEnableStatLogging False
Log: Browse: 7?Class=Engine.Pawn?Character=Corporal_Lewis?team=1?Sex=M?Name=[nsan]_Hiamsam
Warning: Failed to load '7': Can't find file '7'
Warning: Failed to load 'Level None.MyLevel': Can't find file '7'
Critical: Failed to enter 7: Can't find file '7'
Exit: Executing UObject::StaticShutdownAfterError
Exit: Executing USDLClient::ShutdownAfterError
Exit: Exiting.
Log: FileManager: Reading 0 GByte 44 MByte 666 KByte 846 Bytes from HD took 0.219030 seconds (0.030518 reading, 0.188512 seeking).
Log: FileManager: 0.000000 seconds spent with misc. duties
Uninitialized: Name subsystem shut down
Uninitialized: Log file closed, Thu Jul 19 02:42:01 2012
. After that it Just quits.
I can join a game if my friend is playing the game. Only when people are playing. I cant start it on my own.
I've done a cache integrity check 5times, 10 re-installs. anyone have a solution?

Last edited:
Unfortunately, the only solution seems to be to stop supporting Tripwire. Far too many threads have already been written which revolve around KF not working. There has been no solution or even attempt at it. This company has violated the basic trust that is fundamental and necessary for gamers to buy games from the producers.

Upvote 0
Well, I've bought this game for 5$ , If it does not work. Can I get a refund by steam?

If you have read a bit you would have found out that you cant have a refund on any game on Steam no matter what. Even if you don't install the game.

This game worked normally before the summer event so its a problem with the new update. And knowing Tripwire with this game there won't be any update to fix this untill the end of the event :(:(:(

Upvote 0