• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Killing Floor Calulator

The_Sorrow

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 2, 2009
Australia
HI ALL!

I just decided to also put this on the mapping thread considering that it's what the program is for, also has a new mirror & if it doesn't work just send Me a PM :D

I just made a calculator program for the mappers & all that because trying to figure out the BSP cut sizes is kinda frustrating & I guess coders could use it too, it is a very simple program & that's what I was aiming for but... if you need it or want it check it out :IS2:
not sure if it's in the right thread but... I hope so
asdhv.png

[url]http://www.usaupload.net/d/in821zjdsf9[/URL]

to use it you just type the number up the top calculated by what you want in the middle box so e.g, 12 up the top divided by 6 at the bottom & click one of the buttons to show the answer!

enjoy! :IS2:

A KF background is cute but why wouldn't you just use the calculator that comes with the OS, this one looks kinda rough like you have to enter numbers into 2 seperate fields and click buttons rather than just bash away on the numeric key panel. I know that programming something like windows calculator is harder than it sounds, you would have to parse the input character by character as it is entered and maintain order of operations when evaluating. And process it in chunks when parentheses are entered. I did one for 'fun' in java a few years ago.

Personally I prefer having a hand held nearby.

Upvote 0
hmm with how it is right now, it's not very useful to me anyways.

But what about making it give the nearest 16th value so it always gives numbers that grid nicely.

For example - 11 x 11 = 121 The nearest 16th value would be 128

yes that would at least make it a calculator with some sense of niche purpose. As it is, you could take an app like that, apply a different skin for each messageboard in the world, and post it on those forums.

Upvote 0