• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

KF Killing Floor : Calamity launches on Steam? When?

indeed consols are only made for gaming and i trust consol gaming more then pc gaming because any consol can run its game without frames geting into the air even if its seven years old this however can happen if you buy the wrong pc, and yes im aware that you can customize your own pc but not anyone has sombody of the family whos smart in pcs to do that, im happy with my alienware laptop wich has an nvidia geforce gtx765m grapich card aswel im happy with my ouya and ofc the xbox one wich will be released this year.

It might be hard to choose from trillions of graphics cards and mainboards and stuff but it's no Hexenwerk(Witchery). You don't need to have much knowledge I think. The most things are already tested by other people and magazines.

Upvote 0
It might be hard to choose from trillions of graphics cards and mainboards and stuff but it's no Hexenwerk(Witchery). You don't need to have much knowledge I think. The most things are already tested by other people and magazines.

like i sad before im not smart in this, im not a computer nerd im a gamer wich there is a big diff between it, so i will buy my next gen games on the xbox one, exept for kf2 if im lucky my grapich card will be able to run it nice on medium settings.

Upvote 0
like i sad before im not smart in this, im not a computer nerd im a gamer wich there is a big diff between it, so i will buy my next gen games on the xbox one, exept for kf2 if im lucky my grapich card will be able to run it nice on medium settings.

Sorry, but this really bugs me I find it incredibly annoying when people say "I'm not a computer nerd xDD" when it comes to stuff like this, all it is understanding naming systems, prices, and about 10 minutes of just looking around an electronics websites. A lot of gamers know a lot about computers, you be surprised, I'm in college for computer engineering yet I'm a pretty big gamer myself.

Upvote 0
Sorry, but this really bugs me I find it incredibly annoying when people say "I'm not a computer nerd xDD" when it comes to stuff like this, all it is understanding naming systems, prices, and about 10 minutes of just looking around an electronics websites. A lot of gamers know a lot about computers, you be surprised, I'm in college for computer engineering yet I'm a pretty big gamer myself.

well not everyone knows allot of **** about computers, the only thing i know about computer are having the right grapich cards for the rest i know nothing about computers, for the third time im a gamer not a computer expert there are a lott of differences about gamers and computer experts.

now can we stop this argu and stay on topic plz

Upvote 0
well not everyone knows allot of **** about computers, the only thing i know about computer are having the right grapich cards for the rest i know nothing about computers, for the third time im a gamer not a computer expert there are a lott of differences about gamers and computer experts.

now can we stop this argu and stay on topic plz
Google knows 'allot' about computers and almost anything you type in will reveal an answer, likely with pictures. Computers are like big, slightly more expensive legos really. You don't have to be smart to build one, at least not in the physical aspect. Being informed on the parts you purchase will certainly require research as a $1500 Mac or Alienware will likely be able to be out performed by a $700 or less machine that is self built or in some cases even pre-built with self upgrades.

Sure though, we can stay on topic. Hows that KFC release on steam coming along TWI? Its been a looooooong time. At this rate you may as well package it with KF2 as a pre-order bonus or something. Still real interested in having a chance to play KFC without having to own a proprietary paperweight to do so.

Upvote 0
Google knows 'allot' about computers and almost anything you type in will reveal an answer, likely with pictures. Computers are like big, slightly more expensive legos really. You don't have to be smart to build one, at least not in the physical aspect. Being informed on the parts you purchase will certainly require research as a $1500 Mac or Alienware will likely be able to be out performed by a $700 or less machine that is self built or in some cases even pre-built with self upgrades.

Sure though, we can stay on topic. Hows that KFC release on steam coming along TWI? Its been a looooooong time. At this rate you may as well package it with KF2 as a pre-order bonus or something. Still real interested in having a chance to play KFC without having to own a proprietary paperweight to do so.

+1

It's about time

Upvote 0
Having had the chance to play this game the other day at a friends house (Thanks ArmoredPuppy), I got to say, and its what I've been saying all along, PC release when? KFC could benefit so much from having actual hardware to execute. The frame drop, barely responsive controls, and pop in and everything else to even get the game to run on an ouya really soured the experience for me. Its a shame because even for how small the game is in terms of content, I feel that it could get so much more out of being on PC's. Things like actual online co-op, true multiplayer, seamless gameplay and actual good controls. KFC really is something that people could get hundreds of hours out of, even with its lack of content when compared to KF.

Just answer my plea TWI, PC / Steam release when?

Upvote 0

well i dont want to know all this cpu stuf because i only want to game.

on topic youl have to wait until the ouya 2 has been released and that it has been sold enough, then TI will proberly release it on steam.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Having had the chance to play this game the other day at a friends house (Thanks ArmoredPuppy), I got to say, and its what I've been saying all along, PC release when? KFC could benefit so much from having actual hardware to execute. The frame drop, barely responsive controls, and pop in and everything else to even get the game to run on an ouya really soured the experience for me. Its a shame because even for how small the game is in terms of content, I feel that it could get so much more out of being on PC's. Things like actual online co-op, true multiplayer, seamless gameplay and actual good controls. KFC really is something that people could get hundreds of hours out of, even with its lack of content when compared to KF.

Just answer my plea TWI, PC / Steam release when?

Please tell me you used a ps3 controller and not a Ouya controller. The Ouya controller is god awful.

Also, Tripwire has made it very clear that this game is suppose to be about couch co-op. Playing with your friends in the room. This is a place that I am torn. As i am a big fan of couch co-op but at the same time it is a pain in the butt to actually get your friends over and play a game. (Lord knows I pull out the Ouya and they all run for the hills).

I've played the game co-op once your twice and it is awesome as a co-op. I just wish I could play more co-op. Hopefully if they release it on steam it could be couch co-op and online co-op. Not to mention more than 2 players.

Upvote 0
It could be something neat while waiting for KF2. But I have to say that it's very unlikely that it would be ported to PC. It's just a KF ripoff. An official ripoff, but still a ripoff. Apart from the top-down visual, some new weapons (double mac10 and leafblower) and the 20 lvls system, it's just a bland version of KF. The maps are new, but they show nothing that has already been showed in KF. A skin is tied to a perk so you can't go anymore as medic(skin)-zerker(perk). Not that much of a turndown, but still.
IMHO there's no need to port it to pc, even if I'd like really much to actually play it.

Upvote 0
People speak of entitlement but I don't see how that's reasonable.
We are the customers. We pay for products hence the products have to be catered to us. If the product doesn't cater to us, what is the point of its existence? The Ouya fills no niche and has therefore utterly failed.

What Arblarg is trying to convey is that there's a much bigger audience waiting for the game on PC(coupled with a pinch of hatred towards ouya and consoles in general, but I digress.)

TWI not bringing Calamity to PC is like saying 'we don't want your money' which is a sign of something being terribly amiss.
Maybe they just have their hands full with KF2?

Frankly though it's starting to look as if TWI has an exclusivity deal with the Ouya, which would be a terrible business decision.

Last edited:
Upvote 0