• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing Floor BALANCING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oooo, defensive!!!

All I'm gonna say to all that before this thread gets (possibly rightfully) locked:

Longsword: Sword with 3'ish blade, quillons and a long handle that lets you use one or two hands on it.

Bastard sword: Sword with 3'ish blade, quillons and a long handle that lets you use one or two hands on it.

Actual medieval terms were all over the place... gotta remember how non-standardized stuff - especially expensive stuff with lots of custom variants made to suit the tastes of rich violent assholes who think they're special - was before the Industrial Revolution.

That, and what's with the CoD player hate? :X

EDIT:This is a good idea.

EDIT2: Some other peoplez:Touche.
This is the core of this entire thread. Also: JESUS FRIAR TUCKING CHRIST A SPREADSHEET ROFL

Actually, the sticky is probably the best idea from the lot of you.

I would make it myself, but I'm a tad too tired at the moment. Vaecrius, will you do th honors?

Upvote 0
Hoo boy I can't believe this slipped through the cracks. Typing fingers are armed and ready.

Masada is interchangeable to 7.62... A cod player wouldn't know that.

7.62x39, not 7.62x51. A CoD player wouldn't know that, and neither do you.

Yes it is technically a machine gun by definition. It's refire rate is higher than a standard rifle. Maybe you didn't know what "Machine gun" means.

Well aren't you arrogant as all hell. Yes, by the ATF definition, the ACR is a "machine gun". By all other accounts, it's an assault rifle.

RPG was a plausible replacement for a law specifically for the weight, and yes when you're being chased by crazed specimens, weight is an issue. Oh maybe you didn't know but this is a real LAW [url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M72_LAW[/URL]
And this is what KF might be using right now : [url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FGM-148_Javelin[/URL]

You suck at google. The the LAW-80, a retired British Army antitank weapon, is what's in KF, albeit in a highly modified form.

None of these things are intended to make the game easier. And please... whats a pyro-firebug without molotov cocktails? Never played L4D. Besides I think aesthetically it beats bullets that randomly catch on fire. Real incendiary rounds don't set things on fire like they just got sprayed with napalm and gasoline. . . but maybe you wouldn't know that.

As much as I hate the "incendiary bullets setting things on fire" nonsense that's metastasized throughout modern shooters, most people understand that incendiary ammo does not set people alight but that it's portrayed that way for the sake of gameplay. You know that thing that you totally forgot about in this thread?

And I want to see someone fire the Bren from the hip and then tell me how accurate it really is.

It would be just as accurate as if it were fired from a tripod. I don't think you know what "accuracy" means, but regardless it would be just as controllable as firing the SCAR from the hip, if not more so because the Bren is heavier and fires a lower-powered round.

That gun was typically fired on a tripod from a secure location.

You're joking, right? It was the closest the British Army had to a proper LMG at the time, and was used to provide mobile covering fire for rifleman and submachinegunners. The Bren is plenty controllable firing from prone and using a tripod with a relatively (for WWII) underpowered and heavy LMG with just a 30-round
is pointless unless it's on a vehicle and extra stability is required (not to mention you can afford the extra kilos that a big metal tripod weighs).

It is a heavy gun, it usually had a two man operation to go with it.

For about fifteen minutes. Bren gunners quickly realized that assigning a rifleman to do what a gunner could easily do themselves was a waste of a man and reduced your mobility. The whole "crew served machinegun" thing for the Bren was a holdover from the first world war. I guess it was difficult for the Army to trust a single grunt with anything more complicated or expensive than a bolt-action rifle.

Oh yeah, about female characters... not sure if you guys would know what a normal woman looks like, since some of you only think they look like stalkers. There are women in the military. Don't worry they don't have cooties.

I'm just going to say it an damn the infractions: you're an insufferable cock. You're not gaining any sympathy for being arrogant about your (lack of) knowledge about firearms and military, and you're definitely not helping by insulting the whole forum.

Please, please stop posting. This forum is full of horrible posters as it is.

Upvote 0
Awe zep. Do you feel special now? You know that there are two different types of 7.62 rounds. Your attempt to insult me because I didn't specify which round it was interchangeable to is.. well sad. Lack of knowledge? Lol. Anyone can pretend to be smart on the internet. Whether they are or not is all a different story. I could go into a lot of detail about anything I've said and be far more specific. That would be obviously redundant so I'm not going to bother.

I'm not here for anyone's sympathy, especially not yours. If I'm a "bad" poster, you're worse for fueling this even further. Give yourself a big hand zep. You know where you can put it to.

Lets have this thread locked now so the flames coming out of it don't spread to the rest of the forum.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Your new armory makes me feel ill. It's full of horrible ideas.

Your arrogance also leads me to disagree with everything you say, even the slightly good points made.....oh wait.
Yeah, I think I exhausted them upthread: it would be easier to reduce the LAW weight; he got pissy about my agreement re: "barstad sword"; and timur's apparently dumped the sticky thread idea on me and I'm a lazy Harry Hunt. EDIT: apparently not quite that lazy.

Which leaves us one good idea: the spreadsheet!

::snicker::

Last edited:
Reactions: CandleJack
Upvote 0
Awe zep. Do you feel special now? You know that there are two different types of 7.62 rounds. Your attempt to insult me because I didn't specify which round it was interchangeable to is.. well sad. Lack of knowledge? Lol. Anyone can pretend to be smart on the internet. Whether they are or not is all a different story. I could go into a lot of detail about anything I've said and be far more specific. That would be obviously redundant so I'm not going to bother.

I'm not here for anyone's sympathy, especially not yours. If I'm a "bad" poster, you're worse for fueling this even further. Give yourself a big hand zep. You know where you can put it to.

Lets have this thread locked now so the flames coming out of it don't spread to the rest of the forum.

There is also the 7.62 Tokarev, or 7.62 x 25, a high penetration handgun round used in the TT-33 Tokarev pistol, CZ-52 pistol, PPSH-41 SMG, and a few others.

Upvote 0

Yeah, anyone can do a 5-second google search and regurgitate the results on forums, but what I find so hilarious is that you couldn't even do that. You act laughably arrogant about your lack of knowledge that you can't even take a few seconds on wikipedia to correct. Ignorance is fine, being flippant when you're correct is fine (to me at least), but acting like your ideas are unassailable when you can't even get basic facts straight is why everyone is laughing at you.

There is also the 7.62 Tokarev, or 7.62 x 25, a high penetration handgun round used in the TT-33 Tokarev pistol, CZ-52 pistol, PPSH-41 SMG, and a few others.

There's loads of 7.62mm cartridges. 30-06, .308, .32ACP, 7.62x54, 7.62x39, et cetera et cetera.

.30-06 and 7.62x51 perform nearly identically which is why I thought it was funny that in one sentence Mystic would be going on about how firearms should reflect their real-life counterparts and in the next talk about how the M1 should be more powerful than the M14.

Upvote 0
HeyHeey! Look! its all the people that are responsible for jacking my fav. game up beyond repair! The ones that screwed tripwires project!
The ones with no lives refusing to learn any unreal engine then claim they know something about making games! hey! its the couch potato squad from mommies basement!

Hey! its the know it alls that are very shortly going to feel like complete failure game wreckers as soon as kf is completely and utterly flat freeking dead!

Calling all 400 plus hour , all mr perky's, all origional mod players, unreal engine mod makers, skinners , mesh sculpters- blender artists 3dsmax course graduates bachelors in 3d art and animation & UT junkies.. THIS SHIP IS HALF SUNK AND SINKING FAST!! ABANDON SHIP! THE TROLL BRIGADE HAVE DECIMATED A GOOD THING! Poor tripwire to be plagued by the stupid caboose following them everywhere!

get a life losers. they guy only made some suggestions & vea.. you should be ashamed about you immaturity . most of your posts u keep your composure. this is a 1st for me considering your slamming somebody so bad. Grow up..its a forum dude it has a purpose , this isnt your damn chat room. maybe get a life.. people with that many forum posts..geez. what is it you do? seriously that many posts=mega troll no matter how you cut it man. u probably all have more forum hours than in game hours.. sad!!!!

i said it b4 and ill say it again. many of you are responsible for the conditions kf goes through. Tripwire should nvr ever ever! take any of you seriously. You have no background period . ur just game nerds in your moms basement

Upvote 0
get a life losers. they guy only made some suggestions & vea.. you should be ashamed about you immaturity . most of your posts u keep your composure. this is a 1st for me considering your slamming somebody so bad. Grow up..its a forum dude it has a purpose , this isnt your damn chat room. maybe get a life.. people with that many forum posts..geez. what is it you do? seriously that many posts=mega troll no matter how you cut it man. u probably all have more forum hours than in game hours.. sad!!!!
So ur with ur foram and yur making out wen the phone rigns. U anser it n the vioce is "wut r u doing wit my foram?" U tell ur girl n she say "tha foorum is ded". THEN WHO WAS POST?

Upvote 0
"Insulting" a whole group of people and then watching them prove the insults true.From one thread I just found out who is really open and who the **** people really are. If any of you really thought that I really wanted that stuff in the game believed it, I get the laugh here.

If any of you really thought that you were having some impact here by throwing useless information around, you should consider finding something better to do with your time. Wasting it here in a thread with no point is just demeaning to any maturity you may or may not have. What ever comes after this post proves it.

Even a firebug would be uncomfortable with the direction the thread has gone. That's saying a lot.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
"Insulting" a whole group of people and then watching them prove the insults true.From one thread I just found out who is really open and who the **** people really are. If any of you really thought that I really wanted that stuff in the game believed it, I get the laugh here.

If any of you really thought that you were having some impact here by throwing useless information around, you should consider finding something better to do with your time. Wasting it here in a thread with no point is just demeaning to any maturity you may or may not have. What ever comes after this post proves it.

Even a firebug would be uncomfortable with the direction the thread has gone. That's saying a lot.

So you're a troll then? Do you enjoy being an immature flamer? If so then you should consider finding something better to do with your time; what you're doing here is obviously wasting everyone's time.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.