• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing Floor 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't recall the thread, but one of the devs (maybe Yoshiro) said there were no plans for KF2/updating KF to UE3 as of yet, as UE 2.5 works fine and there's no real reason for a KF2 when there's nothing to really be gained by it - what would you change for KF2 that they could not do with KF1?

*shrug*

As said, New Engine, Unreal 3?
Also, there's really a lot you can do with Killing Floor..
More monsters/zombies than ever, and since it's the unreal engine; why not include vehicles, larger maps, more co-op play, new weapons..
Oh the reason also I say vehicles is that.. I played zombie driver, and it was awesome :D
Also, physX maybe?..
You could also look another way and include more gamemodes, maybe some PvPvC (player vs player vs computer), new classes, more specific roles for classes, each class, each having an ability..

I think what's nice about kf1 is all monsters die after a headshot (or some time after), new stuff in updates great, co-op play with friends ~ always fun, a unique gameplay, only the best makes it :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
the spec's dont teleport :S, do they?. Its never happened to me, unless that was a new fleshpound spawning.....and even then, i havnt seen them come in 3's either.

And on foundry, yes...that would be annoying. But why are you focusing on a gorefast thats nowhere near you? lol, when theres probably more dangerous things approaching. id just wait till it comes close enough and 9mm his face. lol

haven't you ever used the pandemonium mutator???

sometimes when the FPs get stuck on each other one of them gets super fast flinged away aka "teleported"

and gorefast don't just do that from a distance
trust me!
Ive seen people die just because they got gayed from a gorefast having seizures

KF2, if it actually is ever made, would at the minimum be announced in about 2 years.......see TW makes games that people can play for years before they are so tired of it that they need a sequel. Some other companies seem to still have trouble figuring out that concept.
hopefully if the updates still keep coming
its kinda reminiscent of SVEN co-op
they pretty much called quits on the source version and kept updating it

Upvote 0
haven't you ever used the pandemonium mutator???

sometimes when the FPs get stuck on each other one of them gets super fast flinged away aka "teleported"

and gorefast don't just do that from a distance
trust me!
Ive seen people die just because they got gayed from a gorefast having seizures

hopefully if the updates still keep coming
its kinda reminiscent of SVEN co-op
they pretty much called quits on the source version and kept updating it

you didnt say anything about poundamonium, leaving me to think you was talking about the normal gametype

Upvote 0
well I as I explained there was a rare situation where 3 flesh pounds spawned simultaneously and they were all grouped so
the conditions that trigger the glitch in pandemonium were replicated in that wave10 of suicidal

oh ok, well because of that single instance of that glitch outside of poundamonium, we should scrap supporting kf and hurry up and start on kf2.

Upvote 0
RO still had a major update (acheivements, maps, bugfixes, sales etc...) 3 years after it was released. i'm certain TW will support KF with free content, patches and major updates for years just as they have with RO. just look at how much free content and bugfixes they've put into KF in only 7 months....on top of finishing up a brand new game in ROHOS.

TW is not like other major companies......they don't make crap games, then package up some bugfixes and a small amount of new content and sell you a "sequel" 8 months later for another $50.

have some faith people. KF will last for years and if there's ever a KF2, it won't be in the near future.

Upvote 0
Besides KF being on an outdated engine that limits some mechanics or bugs that can be fixed over time, can someone give some real valid points on how a KF 2 would improve besides being U3E?

If anything, I'd imagine KF 2 would be released within the next two-three or even four years with modern weaponry of that time since that's what KF has aimed for since the beginning (realistic weapons). By that time, we will most likely get bored of the SCAR, M14, AA12, etc. due to better more powerful weapons manufactured in the future.

Of course, they could simply add those in KF... But hey, I wouldn't mind KF 2 being on U3E or something else by that time.

Upvote 0
red orchestra was made almost 4 years ago, and its still being played quite a bit with plenty of servers.
just now ro2 is almost coming out.

seeing the short attention span of kids these days, no wonder you ppl want kf2 already.
Im more than happy with the way kf is now to be honest :)
Id happily wait a couple of years if they ever make a new one or just keep updating kf

Upvote 0
There is an interesting article in this months UK PC Gamer about the release of the 'free' Unreal Engine. David Hensley (Art Director of TWI) says "I'm sure this will lead to many games like Killing Floor" ... "Throughout PC game history, there have always been quality total conversion mod projects that were good/ near quality enough to be retail games. These are made by people who are passionate enough about game development that they spend thousands of hours working on these projects for free. It's a shame that they had no viable option to go retail. Now those small groups of extremely passionate modders could conceivably build a game in their basements and release it commercially - and if it's good enough maybe even start a studio"

So what does this mean? Well two things.

1) TWI will be stepping up to protect their Intellectual Property and release better games/ updates leveraging off successful titles. Otherwise the upstarts with their free version of Unreal will build bigger and better Killing Floors. So KF2 has to be incoming otherwise someone else will do it instead given KF sold 200,000 copies - as I have said before ... Zombies sell and are tantamount to a blank cheque.

2) The other source of income will be generated from publishing. TWI becomes the one stop shop for the UE3 modder (though you could call them a game developer now) and publisher on the Steam platform. TWI has the expertise to advise/ coach modders using UE3 on how to turn their UE3 games into commercial viabilities on the Steam platform. TWI will put an arm round the shoulder, show them way and bring them under the TWI wing. Could be massive for TWI - The home of the UE3 modder and a portfolio of quality built games.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Okay....... I never EVER want a Killing Floor 2, it would make absolutely no sense, because Killing Floor alone is an instant classic. What I would want is probably over long periods of time, instead of a full blown sequel, is an expansion.

I would be pissed if Killing Floor 2 is announced, especially anytime this soon from now to 2 years or so.

Upvote 0
Recoil less guns and other bull**** that doesn't make sense lol. When I play l4d2 running off that b.s. engine I cringe everytime I fire my gun and my character's hands pretty much jump up to give the illusion of recoil. :/

Strange, I've always preferred the more natural feel of the weapon handling in Source games. The way the weapon sways about when you move, the way crouching gives you better accuracy (pretty basic but even KF doesn't have it, which is a shame). And also the way shots aren't always 100% where you aim.

I don't mind KF's weapon handling but it certainly isn't as sophisticated.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't each successive Splinter Cell release (excluding the first one) on a modded UE2.5 engine, including the one released in late 2008. Even the latest one, slated for 2010 is on UE2.5, modded as it may be.

I totally understand that it's been modified so much that it barely even resembles the Unreal Engine anymore, but it's still a viable example that the engine itself doesn't necessarily confine the developer as much as people might think.

Just throwing that out there...

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.