• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Killing Floor 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragzonox

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 21, 2009
Is there any news, or ideas about "Killing Floor 2"?
I mean... Killing Floor sure beat Left 4 Dead's (1&2) royal a$$...

I and friends can't wait :D

Last edited:

MasterCheff

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 19, 2009
i agree, l4d,l4d2 and killing floor are like competitors for having zombie horror co-op domination

ro_sauce

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 26, 2007
bwhgaming.com
lets not have them abandon this for kf2, so stop suggesting it otherwise it'll just be another "why wont they update l4d?!?!, they left us for l4d2!!!" thing

Last edited:

akstylish

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 11, 2009
lets not have them abandon this for kf2, so stop suggesting it otherwise it'll just be another "why wont they update l4d?!?!, they left us for l4d2!!!" thing
tbh we can't complain if they won't give us any more updates. I mean just look at how many weps, maps, and features have been added (for free) since the release.

Dragzonox

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 21, 2009
Well I can were people are going with this.
No more updates for kf?
If so, I don't see a reason why they shouldn't star work on kf2..

Did kf sell over a mil?

defragen1

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 10, 2009
lets think about all the **** that's fked up with this game...

- I am only going to list the problems/bugs/glitches that happen OFTEN

• Zig zagging gore fasts
  • Excessive jumping from zeds ( and its nearly impossible to decapitate the head while they're in mid air - their head hit box is probably up their *** while they jump )
  • Headless bloats puking
  • Dead sirens screaming
  • zeds spawning in front of you
  • zeds spawning right behind you ( often on your pipe bomb ) ( sometimes on suicidal there are no zeds coming up on my flank and all i have to do is turn my head so they spawn )
  • Reload animation not playing
  • sights zoom glitch
  • getting attacked by zeds during flinch animation
  • gliding enemies ( frozen animation )
  • Achievements frequently not being awarded ( especially frustrating when you beat a map on suicidal like 3 times and it doesn't give it to you )
I assume ( with hope ) that if there were a KF2 on the Unreal 3 engine that all these problems would be GONE
and with that in mind... I'm ready for a new KF

omarfw

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 13, 2009
Here Be Dragons
www.last.fm
lets think about all the **** that's fked up with this game...

- I am only going to list the problems/bugs/glitches that happen OFTEN

• Zig zagging gore fasts
  • Excessive jumping from zeds ( and its nearly impossible to decapitate the head while they're in mid air - their head hit box is probably up their *** while they jump )
  • Headless bloats puking
  • Dead sirens screaming
  • zeds spawning in front of you
  • zeds spawning right behind you ( often on your pipe bomb ) ( sometimes on suicidal there are no zeds coming up on my flank and all i have to do is turn my head so they spawn )
  • Reload animation not playing
  • sights zoom glitch
  • getting attacked by zeds during flinch animation
  • gliding enemies ( frozen animation )
  • Achievements frequently not being awarded ( especially frustrating when you beat a map on suicidal like 3 times and it doesn't give it to you )
I assume ( with hope ) that if there were a KF2 on the Unreal 3 engine that all these problems would be GONE
and with that in mind... I'm ready for a new KF
...or they could just fix those bugs in the current KF over time. You seem to be implying that they will never fix those issues unless they make an entirely new KF.

Last edited:

SMIFF

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 19, 2009
Honestly I'm starting to think that this games potential is being held back by the outdated engine
those bug's that you listed arnt really that bad.

and isnt the gorefast zig zagging intended?

defragen1

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 10, 2009
those bug's that you listed arnt really that bad.

and isnt the gorefast zig zagging intended?
think of it this way
you're on foundry and you're on the top level of the map
The gorefast is all the way at the bottom ( near the human spawn )
You start shooting at him and he goes all f-ing retarded and its seriously the most annoying thing ever
and its not like its normal movements at all
its like changing strafe directions left to right really fast
and it looks almost as bad as cs1.6 where the animations just "teleport" the players head left to right because the model is being horizontally flipped
every time it happens I hear somebody on ventrilo say "f-ing strafing gorefast!!!"

but then again this is easily overlooked and you can continue enjoying the game BUT sometimes when a lot of these problems occur frequently and somtimes together
that's what I call "rage material"

-unrelated problem-
One time I remember ( while ago ) when me and a friend were on office trying to get our suicidal achievement on office for the first time
WAVE 9 - no fleshpounds
WAVE 10 - three fleshpounds spawn simultaneously and go into a "cluster f*ck"
one of the fleshpounds ends up "teleporting" right behind us...
we were able to clutch the situation and went on to beat patriarch.
LUCKILY we didn't get the achievement because the game decided not to give it to us just for sh1ts and giggles

ro_sauce

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 26, 2007
bwhgaming.com
the no achievements thing is a server problem. we had it (still do) and never figured out what setting was supposed to be on or off. we were able to get the achievements on other servers though.

SMIFF

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 19, 2009
think of it this way
you're on foundry and you're on the top level of the map
The gorefast is all the way at the bottom ( near the human spawn )
You start shooting at him and he goes all f-ing retarded and its seriously the most annoying thing ever
and its not like its normal movements at all
its like changing strafe directions left to right really fast
and it looks almost as bad as cs1.6 where the animations just "teleport" the players head left to right because the model is being horizontally flipped
every time it happens I hear somebody on ventrilo say "f-ing strafing gorefast!!!"

but then again this is easily overlooked and you can continue enjoying the game BUT sometimes when a lot of these problems occur frequently and somtimes together
that's what I call "rage material"

-unrelated problem-
One time I remember ( while ago ) when me and a friend were on office trying to get our suicidal achievement on office for the first time
WAVE 9 - no fleshpounds
WAVE 10 - three fleshpounds spawn simultaneously and go into a "cluster f*ck"
one of the fleshpounds ends up "teleporting" right behind us...
we were able to clutch the situation and went on to beat patriarch.
LUCKILY we didn't get the achievement because the game decided not to give it to us just for sh1ts and giggles
the spec's dont teleport :S, do they?. Its never happened to me, unless that was a new fleshpound spawning.....and even then, i havnt seen them come in 3's either.

And on foundry, yes...that would be annoying. But why are you focusing on a gorefast thats nowhere near you? lol, when theres probably more dangerous things approaching. id just wait till it comes close enough and 9mm his face. lol

Wolfdust

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 24, 2009
Massachusetts, USA
I can't recall the thread, but one of the devs (maybe Yoshiro) said there were no plans for KF2/updating KF to UE3 as of yet, as UE 2.5 works fine and there's no real reason for a KF2 when there's nothing to really be gained by it - what would you change for KF2 that they could not do with KF1?

*shrug*

-[SiN]-bswearer

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 3, 2008
KF2, if it actually is ever made, would at the minimum be announced in about 2 years.......see TW makes games that people can play for years before they are so tired of it that they need a sequel. Some other companies seem to still have trouble figuring out that concept.

Status
Not open for further replies.