• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing Floor 2 Update 1068

Yoshiro

Senior Community Manager
Staff member
  • Oct 10, 2005
    East Coast
    The changelog is as follows:

Balance
    Enemies
    • E.D.A.R.s
      • Shotgun damage types do 20% more damage
      • Explosive damage types do 150% more damage
      • Core hitzone is larger to make it easier to hit.

Perk and Weapons
    • Reload canceling has returned
    • All Dual pistols ammo is registered at the second mag insert instead of first.
    Note: Additional fixes will be coming to target specific exploits still available with reloading canceling

Bug Fixes
    Zeds
    • Fixed an issue where unexploded grenades may deal repeated damage.
    • Fixed an issue where the King Fleshpound's laser would go through walls and objects.

User Interface
    • Fixed an issue where parties were showing inaccurate prestige info.
    • Fixed an issue where the M99 had its fill price cut off in the Trader.
    • Fixed an issue where audio settings were not reset when hitting "Reset to Default"

Platform Specific Fixes
    PC/Steam
    • Fixed an issue where some cosmetics/skins were not marketable in the Steam marketplace
    • Fixed an issue where the game may crash using Nvidia's FLEX

PS4 and Xbox One
    • Fixed an issue where "No Password" text appeared in the Controls section of the option menu.
    • Fixed an issue where Mrs. Foster/D.A.R. would not properly play their emote in online matches.
    • Fixed an issue where rapidly dropping dual pistols would cause player hands to become invisible.

Reactions: Zakxaev68
    How about a little heads up before an update! I'm sure other server owners and operators would appreciate that!
    19.png.33ee0623dc41bd7310fe4320d43b6be1.png

Upvote 0
    Yoshiro;n2322127 said:
    The changelog is as follows:
    Perk and Weapons
    • Reload canceling has returned

Not sure if serious...
    One step forward two steps back?

Instead of fixing the core issue with the last busted update you revert a changes that is basically exploitations. Instead how about give every weapon reload save frames states in the reload animations so once interrupted by another action the animation can continue from this part rather then from the very beginning. I would rather have EDARs seen deleted entirly and a rework of the upgrade system then this coming back. I guess you guys finally crusing on the Payday road...

RIP this formerly good game.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    qu3x^;n2322132 said:
    Not sure if serious...

Instead of fixing the core issue with the last busted update you revert a changes that is basically exploitations. Instead how about give every weapon reload save frames states in the reload animations so once interrupted by another action the animation can continue from this part rather then from the very beginning.

This is not possible with the current tech in the game and would require a major rework of core engine systems and redoing every animation to fit an update system. That is something unlikely to happen at this point in the games life cycle (that is something that happens in early development pre-alpha/alpha stage).

Upvote 0
    qu3x^;n2322132 said:
    Not sure if serious...

Instead of fixing the core issue with the last busted update you revert a changes that is basically exploitations. Instead how about give every weapon reload save frames states in the reload animations so once interrupted by another action the animation can continue from this part rather then from the very beginning. I would rather have EDARs seen deleted entirly and a rework of the upgrade system then this coming back. I guess you guys finally crusing on the Payday road...

Rarely seen such a . . . . coment.
    a) Reload canceling while setting the "reload applies" to the second mag is good.
    b) Removing EDARs and thus variety and new mechanics from the game... sounds like a solid proposal there, champ.
    c) How do any of those BUGFIXES make Tripwire seem as going for a cashgrab? I'd love you to elaborate on this splendid idea, good sir.
    d) KF2 keeps getting better and better with every patch. Sure, sometimes the odd bug slipps through or some things aren't ballanced to perfection or a mechanic is being tried out that may not be all that popular, but overall, the game's been a total success so far.

Upvote 0
    qu3x^;n2322132 said:
    Not sure if serious...

"basically exploitations" in that it gave the player more control in their reload? The exploit that gives melee combat more fluidity? I don't understand people who complain about reload cancelling, they talk about it like it's an impossible to reach spot in a CoD Zombies game where players are untouchable.

Exploits that break the game like the one I mentioned above? I'm against those. Exploits where it positively affects the feel of the game? No, not at all. If you don't like it, don't use it. Not like it affects you if other players use it, anyway.

By re-adding reload canceling into the game, I hope this means Tripwire understands the importance of keeping this exploit and shows that they are listening to the community. Balancing the reload cancelling by having the ammo counter go up on the second mag insert on dualies may be a good start.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Zakillah
    Upvote 0
    Kosake;n2322138 said:
    Rarely seen such a . . . . coment.
    a) Reload canceling while setting the "reload applies" to the second mag is good.
    b) Removing EDARs and thus variety and new mechanics from the game... sounds like a solid proposal there, champ.
    c) How do any of those BUGFIXES make Tripwire seem as going for a cashgrab? I'd love you to elaborate on this splendid idea, good sir.
    d) KF2 keeps getting better and better with every patch. Sure, sometimes the odd bug slipps through or some things aren't ballanced to perfection or a mechanic is being tried out that may not be all that popular, but overall, the game's been a total success so far.

b) cause an overly anyoing tanky mid tier enmie isn't fun to play against. We already have Rioters, Gorefiends that take a tier2 or even tier3 for granted. With the current mix up in waves 2-4 it leads to situations were you only kite at the end because you had dumped your mags into certian body parts rather then heads. Also very jumpy for no reason means that EDARs were too flexible and accounting for missed shots in HoE after all the nerfs to ammo pools was a poorly made decision, chump
    c) Cause on release Payday 2 was an amazing game. With the introduction if infamy in patch #22 the game went downhill and ended in a DLC hell. Even if the game is good again the game already had taken a massive hit.
    d) I am not judging a games qualitiy by its daily concurrent players. I felt like this community already had taken massive hits with CoD fashion ideas some newcommers brought to the idea table...

Upvote 0
    YES!!!!
    Thanks for giving us back the reload cancel.
    Making the duallies reload at the second mag insert is perfect

Thank you so much for understanding how this kind of unintended gameplay mechanics adds depth and enriches the experience, specially for the players with lots of hours thrown into the game.

EDAR changes are nice too.

Reactions: Denks
    Upvote 0
    VerriganHolmes;n2322162 said:
    I always though first mag insert for dualies was part of the reload canceling thing. I'm going to guess that switching it to count the reload on the second mag is going to miff a lot of slingers. The rest seems pretty dope, though.

Yeah thought the same. Now you basically have to take "Speedloader" as "Line em up" is totally useless now because the reload times are way too long now.

But with "Speedloader" you can still reload your weapons in 0,5 secs as a gunslinger. You just shoot your guns empty, make use of the super-fast reload animation and also reload-cancel that one. So gunslinger isnt affected by this change, but the opposing skill to speedloader is now really useless.

Upvote 0