• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing Floor 2 Update 1068

Yoshiro;n2322134 said:
This is not possible with the current tech in the game and would require a major rework of core engine systems and redoing every animation to fit an update system. That is something unlikely to happen at this point in the games life cycle (that is something that happens in early development pre-alpha/alpha stage).

I have have a question.

I made a post asking if single held revolvers could be changed to a single bullet fed animation like shotguns as I thought this would be a huge quality of life buff to Sharpshooter. Is this also impossible to implement?

Upvote 0
MisterM;n2322164 said:
Yeah thought the same. Now you basically have to take "Speedloader" as "Line em up" is totally useless now because the reload times are way too long now.

But with "Speedloader" you can still reload your weapons in 0,5 secs as a gunslinger. You just shoot your guns empty, make use of the super-fast reload animation and also reload-cancel that one. So gunslinger isnt affected by this change, but the opposing skill to speedloader is now really useless.
Line em up was useless anyways. That one extra point of penetration hardly means anything with pistols. Bigger weapons would make better use of that skill.

Upvote 0
Aleflippy;n2322194 said:
Okay, could someone explain to my dumb *** what "reload cancelling" even means?

I thought it meant the fact that both pistols get reloaded as soon as you inserted a single mag... Which has been patched in this update, so you're obviously not speaking of that.

What is it then?

Reload at empty, watch the clip/shells reset from 0, melee and shoot right away. You skip watching the reload animation finishing because technically the gun is already reloaded. I'm fine either way with or without this exploit but it's quite fun to time the reload-cancelling perfectly. Anyone complaining about 'zerker being clunky without reload-cancel hasn't learned to adapt and succeed.

Reactions: imnrk
Upvote 0
Aleflippy;n2322194 said:

I thought it meant the fact that both pistols get reloaded as soon as you inserted a single mag... Which has been patched in this update, so you're obviously not speaking of that.

What is it then?

Being able to fire as soon as you see a reload register the bullets in the gun (It also allows to instantly cancel reloads in progress from any pump action or lever action gun). Bash will cancel the reload once the bullets are registered in the gun, and any action, such as firing, sprinting, or using a med dart, will cancel the bash animation. Putting bash on an extra mouse button makes it much easier.

More importantly, as a side effect of the reload cancel, block will also cancel any animation similar to bash, letting a zerker block in mid attack.

Edit: ^^^^^ what this guy said

Upvote 0
ShredMinor;n2322174 said:
I have have a question.

I made a post asking if single held revolvers could be changed to a single bullet fed animation like shotguns as I thought this would be a huge quality of life buff to Sharpshooter. Is this also impossible to implement?

So, make the revolvers more like the Lever Action Rifle and Centerfire? I don't think that's a healthy idea. While I do think Sharpshooter needs some buffing, I don't think it's with the guns. The combination of skills are quite unappealing to me when compared to Gunslinger.

Reactions: Denks
Upvote 0
Aleflippy;n2322194 said:

What is it then?

I know someone already replied with an explanation, but there are also videos all over explaining it if you're still not sure. I used to use it a lot for railgun and the stoner. It makes some of the longer reloads more manageable and can save your butt in a tight spot.

Upvote 0
VGames83;n2322172 said:
I would have liked an increase for all damage types done to EDARS. Maybe not as high as shotgun or explosives damage but a little bump would have been nice.

They die really fast now that the critical hitzone has been increased. I honestly think the bonus shotgun damage was a little overkill, but I can't complain!

Reactions: VGames83
Upvote 0
The real problem with EDARs is that they have no recovery time between each evasion.

EDARs' dodging mechanic serves the same purpose as other zeds' blocking. However, every single other zed has a recovery time before they can block again, but EDARs don't have that.

As a result, they keep jumping everywhere and this doesn't add any difficulty at all, only frustration, because you can't aim their weak spot efficiently unless they're in an attack animation (firing rockets, lasers...).

For me, that is the main problem.
I think they should have a recovery time.

For now, it just feels like this ↓

tenor.gif

Upvote 0
Yoshiro;n2322127 said:
The changelog is as follows:

Balance
Enemies
  • E.D.A.R.s
    • Shotgun damage types do 20% more damage
    • Explosive damage types do 150% more damage
    • Core hitzone is larger to make it easier to hit.

Perk and Weapons
  • Reload canceling has returned
  • All Dual pistols ammo is registered at the second mag insert instead of first.
Note: Additional fixes will be coming to target specific exploits still available with reloading canceling

Bug Fixes
Zeds
  • Fixed an issue where unexploded grenades may deal repeated damage.
  • Fixed an issue where the King Fleshpound's laser would go through walls and objects.

User Interface
  • Fixed an issue where parties were showing inaccurate prestige info.
  • Fixed an issue where the M99 had its fill price cut off in the Trader.
  • Fixed an issue where audio settings were not reset when hitting "Reset to Default"

Platform Specific Fixes
PC/Steam
  • Fixed an issue where some cosmetics/skins were not marketable in the Steam marketplace
  • Fixed an issue where the game may crash using Nvidia's FLEX

PS4 and Xbox One
  • Fixed an issue where "No Password" text appeared in the Controls section of the option menu.
  • Fixed an issue where Mrs. Foster/D.A.R. would not properly play their emote in online matches.
  • Fixed an issue where rapidly dropping dual pistols would cause player hands to become invisible.
That's pretty nice that you guys are bringing back the reload canceling because it was getting annoying without it. And I also think there should be a new mode, to be honest, something like Story Mode or Zombie Mode. It would be nice to actually see something new and also crazy. But for the robots, I'm hoping that they are only there for the update since I do not like them one bit... They practically really annoying and ruin the fun whenever I'm getting to higher waves.

And there should be a 3rd person view of the game. It doesn't have to be perfect as long as there is the third person in it and I only saw a few minor issues with a 3rd person is the lining of the shots needs to be corrected and also shooting darts in 3rd person for teammates needs improvements and that's it and also the movement of the body when looking left or right needs improvement and you got yourself a new 3rd option can freely and happily turn on and enjoy.

I still don't understand why you guys are against the 3rd person view when the whole community has been asking for one for months. I don't think it's nice to ignore the fans like that and at least try to make some effort into it first rather than lazily complain saying. 'It won't work,' when it could easily work.

And not to mention it would be something new into the KF2 series as well and it does look cool to see your own character fighting against Zeds, the First person is okay, but it does get boring eventually when you can't see your own character and what he or she is wearing to look stylish while fighting off a bunch of hordes of Zeds. Just letting you guys know, everyone has their own opinions, but this isn't an opinion it's just experience. Give it some adjustments and people would enjoy it.

Upvote 0
please return the block from the berserker ... and return the old bug from gunslinger .. in the steams I play only killing flore 2! developers you do not really play this game .. and listen to the players who have 100 hours and that they know about this game .. why did he need a bug with recharge? now this new bug does not work for the genslinger .. please return the block from the berserker ... return the old bug from gunslinger

Upvote 0