• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Killing Floor 2 Update 1006

Yoshiro

In Soviet Russia, Yoshiro is a cake
Staff member
Oct 10, 2005
We have just pushed live a required update for Killing Floor 2 (client and servers) bringing it to builds 1006.

This update includes the following:

• 2 Server crash fixes
  • 3 Client crash fixes
  • Fixed Vsync not working

We are continuing to investigate and work on additional crash reports as they come in via the BugSplat reporting tool. Please make sure to send us as much detailed information about your system and crash using that tool.

BrianA7X

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 17, 2015
Progress

Progress

I noticed a change, that i don't know if was intentional, but to level up from 0 to 1 you needed 2400 exp on the beta, now in the early access is 2640 however this value was to level up to 1 to 2?

Yoshiro

Staff member
Oct 10, 2005
When we update the game files we have to update the SDK to keep it in sync.

Yoshiro

Staff member
Oct 10, 2005
Servers are not showing the 1006. I am trying to get mine (3) to update but when started they still show 1005.
Make sure you have the validate command on your install script (or put it in if you do it manually). You may also want to delete any cache folders in your SteamCMD install.

Keyeth

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 22, 2015
This didn't work for me, it's still showing 1005.

The server version pops up during your loading up of your server in your console [KJ]

[KJ]

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 15, 2009
This didn't work for me, it's still showing 1005.

The server version pops up during your loading up of your server in your console [KJ]
I see, thank you for the info.

I have another question, does the server update itself when the update comes in?

Comandante_J

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 23, 2015
For peple with server update issues, I tried using the install script and it wont update, so i created a simple batch with this on it: steamcmd +login anonymous force_install_dir c:\KF2Server\ +app_update 232130 validate

Worked fine!

---EDIT---

I spoke too soon, it dowloaded something but it's still 1005... But it downloaded it again, that's odd.

Last edited:

Gallic_Taffer

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 30, 2015
Alesia, Gaul
Ever since this update my framerate has been going insane during games. It didn't occur during solo. Would servers still on the old version be causing this?

dynAdZ

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 26, 2015
Germany
um, how do you check the version of the server?
There is one huge logfile, open it and search for "version". The second or third result will tell you. I've updated my server at Purepings this evening, was working fine :)

UltraJake

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 8, 2014
Florida
Ever since this update my framerate has been going insane during games. It didn't occur during solo. Would servers still on the old version be causing this?
I've experienced similar issues. FPS seems to often hover about 10FPS lower than usual (like 40) and the stuttering has returned. I hadn't actually experienced the sound cutting out like some have reported until now, and this cutting out is accompanied by mini-freezes.

benjani13

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 16, 2012
I encountered the same issue with the steamcmd, I couldn't update the server (something were downloading, for a few seconds, but the server still was in 1005 version). I tried to delete both game and steamcmd, reinstall steamcmd and download the full game. The download stopped after 5 seconds, and just some steam and cache folder were created. After 3 or 4 try like this (removing and reinstalling both steamcmd and kf server), it finally downloaded the full game and my server is now in 1006 version.
Weird stuff.

Last edited: