• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing Floor 2 Update 1006

Yoshiro

Senior Community Manager
Staff member
  • Oct 10, 2005
    East Coast
    We have just pushed live a required update for Killing Floor 2 (client and servers) bringing it to builds 1006.

This update includes the following:

• 2 Server crash fixes
    • 3 Client crash fixes
    • Fixed Vsync not working

We are continuing to investigate and work on additional crash reports as they come in via the BugSplat reporting tool. Please make sure to send us as much detailed information about your system and crash using that tool.

For peple with server update issues, I tried using the install script and it wont update, so i created a simple batch with this on it: steamcmd +login anonymous force_install_dir c:\KF2Server\ +app_update 232130 validate

Worked fine!

---EDIT---

I spoke too soon, it dowloaded something but it's still 1005... But it downloaded it again, that's odd.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    Ever since this update my framerate has been going insane during games. It didn't occur during solo. Would servers still on the old version be causing this?
    I've experienced similar issues. FPS seems to often hover about 10FPS lower than usual (like 40) and the stuttering has returned. I hadn't actually experienced the sound cutting out like some have reported until now, and this cutting out is accompanied by mini-freezes.

Upvote 0
    I encountered the same issue with the steamcmd, I couldn't update the server (something were downloading, for a few seconds, but the server still was in 1005 version). I tried to delete both game and steamcmd, reinstall steamcmd and download the full game. The download stopped after 5 seconds, and just some steam and cache folder were created. After 3 or 4 try like this (removing and reinstalling both steamcmd and kf server), it finally downloaded the full game and my server is now in 1006 version.
    Weird stuff.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0