• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing Floor 2: The Chop Til' You Drop Christmas Beta Is Here For PC!

Sigh... this avenue of 'balancing' has always been problematic as it exacerbates the gulf between the 'slow' perks and the rest.

The Abomination was actually somewhat of a challenge when it first came in and on the tighter maps remains so. HOWEVER, it seems this and numerous other 'fixes' are decided based upon maxed out perks and maps which are 'user-friendly'.

I imagine this won't gain any traction but, I propose that during the Boss waves the teams are locked within a small area so the whole kiting strategy becomes null-and-void.
This would - in theory - narrow the gap between those which use hit-and-run tactics and those more reliant on standing their ground. Also the speed buffs Zeds have received could be rolled back further contributing to the viability of perks which atm struggle in certain situations.

All-in-all KF2 is not the only game that can be exploited by running about but hopefully something can be implemented to minimise its prevalence.
Bosses have always been fundamentally unfair for slow perks and too easy for fast perks, not possible to address without a massive rework. But when TWI reworks anything they get tons of complaints that the bosses are too hard so we get things like Abom/KFP getting spawnkilled for one year until they are finally allowed to get fixed. This is probably why TWI won't change medic either for the next year, even though this class is 90% the reason why bosses are unbalanced (if you don't have a medic you're guaranteed to lose against Hans/Matriarch and if you have one then you don't even need the rest of the team to win because medic can kite them). The other 10% being gunslinger but gunslinger doesn't break the rest of the game like medic does.

About your solution, it's better than nothing but it would not change much, you'd still prefer medic/survivalist/zerk over sharpshooter/commando/SWAT/support not just because of faster speed but also because the former have resistance/healing bonuses that allow to survive bosses' various one-shot combos.

Upvote 0
Unfortunately nothing about SS changes.
What, Sharpshooter changes? Sharpshooter doesn't need changing, not since the Beluga Beat got nerfed.

Bosses have always been fundamentally unfair for slow perks and too easy for fast perks, not possible to address without a massive rework.
This. I remember Abom used to be harder on release when his poop/fart DoTs scaled up in damage as the fight dragged on.

Bosses also have the weird problem of ideally encouraging a well-rounded team while spitting on basically half the perk roster in practice. Especially because of the randomized, no-warning boss mechanic meaning you have no reason to not prep for the hardest ones while still being able to take a metaphorical dump on even the easiest ones.

Last edited:
Reactions: CitronVert
Upvote 0
Good to see changes for these bosses, they are needed, but allow me to be critical here:

KFP:

What exactly does it change when you literally can crouch under it? Why exactly are we even allowed to crouch under it? This balance change is making the boss harder at lower difficulties who don't know the trick, without addressing the fundamental issue with this attack at all.
Agree with the other changes, there's a chance the boss becomes decent now.

Abomination:

I think you underestimate how hard this boss gets destroyed in HoE, and my guess is that it will still be an easy fight despite these changes. The fundamental issue with this boss is that it gets stunlocked to death by losing every piece of armor and getting up too slowly, players can kill it before it can even use its attacks. I agree with other changes though I just think it needs more.

Patriarch:

Wait, no change for patriarch?? Almost every HoE match Patriarch gets killed before it can use its 1st syringe:

Please make him use his first syringe more quickly or increase his health.
I wish they made the Patriarch use his spinning clothesline attack as soon as 3 or more players are close to him and do like 90% of your health like in KF1 otherwise its just so easy to block his escape routes because he doesn't want to fight back, he dies before he becomes a boss fight.

Upvote 0
I wish they made the Patriarch use his spinning clothesline attack as soon as 3 or more players are close to him and do like 90% of your health like in KF1 otherwise its just so easy to block his escape routes because he doesn't want to fight back, he dies before he becomes a boss fight.
He still does the Zangief but true enough, it does seem to come out less often and inflict less damage than before.

I'm not disagreeing--it would give him some close range lethality--but I can imagine the outcry of "wow tripwire hates zerk :(" being even louder than it already is if that went through.

Upvote 0
Not sure if too late to bring up but I saw a 'player' sat in an exploit on Outpost recently - would be great if that, and any other spots, could be dealt with.

If anything perhaps toning down or flat-out removing the shotgun jump would be the easier solution, either way it would be satisfying to eliminate any advantage these 'people' currently use.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Most of zerkers will say "It will kill berserker easily" and how about these changes about Patriarch spawn mechanics instead of this:

✓ It should be limited for Hell on Earth 5p&6 players game.

✓ Flee begin when HP at 35% (currently 35), ZED summoning begin when HP at 55% (currently 42.5).

✓ ZED summoning lasts for the duration of Patriarch flee phase (but no longer than 45 seconds) and for 10 seconds after it. (currently 30 seconds and 4 seconds).

Reasons:

✓ Patriarch herself is already strong but his minions are weak and insufficient. So these changes won't give the devs the hassle of improving the boss' mechanics. The reason why hans and the matriarch are difficult is not the bosses themselves, but their spawns.

✓ This boss isn't bad and vulnerable no need to buff his own mechanic, the only problem is crowd control among full team. More trash zeds can help him and distract 6 players teams attention while he is fleeing.

✓ Buffing the trashes can also makes trash killer perks (commando & swat..) more useful and players won't complain about some perk uselessness at boss waves.

✓ Hell on earth already needs buff because of similarity with suicidal. As a player who has played more than 2000 hours, I can't feel much difference.

✓ Buffing trash killer perks (indirectly) increases intra-team synergy and prevents everyone from choosing certain perks in the boss wave.

Last edited:
Upvote 0