• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing Floor 2 Summer Opt-In Beta Preview Branch Is Now Available

MORDRED;n2319445 said:
Great update overall, as always TWI :) However I faced one problem right in the beginning. I used prestige button on all of my perks. Received a lot of dosh and crates, but crates seem to never appear in my inventory. In fact they are missing even after game/steam restart. Whoops :eek: :confused: Hope it will be fixed soon.

You can reach a state called "overgranted" where you have gotten too many crates, too quickly and have too many in inventory.

Upvote 0
Man, this beta is really fun, great first impression. The airship map and voice acting are masterfully done. Awesome map, I'm gonna get a lot of use out of that one. The beta is buggy - a couple of servers crashed mid-game, there are lag spikes/jitters, guns do not always appear immediately at the start of a match or after buying a new weapon. The doomstick is something I didn't know I needed until I had it. It will be interesting to see what builds are viable between boom- and doomsticks.

Upvote 0
Crawlie;n2319462 said:
The Static Strikers are amazing in concept, great crowd control and damage. I don't know if it's intended but you CAN'T cancel attacks with block, only with Bash. The heavy attacks are too slow that makes it virtually impossible to block in time after an attack if you start being overwhelmed and need to back off.
If you're only facing 1 enemy, even the light attacks usually take too long to finish their animation for us to be able to parry in time.
(I could barely parry after hitting a Scrake with a heavy and I made him stumble!)

Weirdly, I don't know if I've just been playing like a potato but I struggled to parry with all my Berserker weapons (Katana, Crovel, Bonecrusher and Strikers). It felt slow and dim-witted and I'm fairly sure it wasn't me just playing badly.

Upvote 0
So, I registered here just so I could leave a comment about this update. English is not my native language, so pardon me if I write in a weird manner, or offend you in any way. It's probably unintentional. If you're a dev and reading this, and you really want KF2 to be a good game and all of the changes in that update were added without any malicious intent(and I don't see how nerfing majority of weapons can be of use to you), then this post is for you.
I understand that I, as a player, might not know about all the intricacies of game developement and balance issues. I only experience product in it's final/semi-final form. So maybe, some of the changes you've made were justified by reasons that are unknown to me. I'm no game dev, but throughout my gaming experience I've made multiple mods for first person shooters, most of them regarding weapon balance. It's nothing crazy and I didn't post them publicly, but I kind of understand how difficult it is to balance ANYTHING. Sometimes I would make weapons too overpowered because they felt way too weak because I didn't know how to use them properly. Sometimes I would make weapons too weak because I would only look at damage numbers, completely disregarding their overall functionality. What I'm saying is, we all make mistakes. And sometimes we seem them as something perfectly fine because of our own experience and position on certain things. You've made a lot of players unhappy by nerfing weapons and removing reload cancel. Me included.
While I could somewhat justify you removing reload cancel, as it could've been a bug you didn't catch in time, I really fail to grasp the entire concept of your upgrade system. I would understand slight nerfs to damage of top tier weapons. But what you did seems like an overkill to me. The fact that upgrading a weapon increases it weight seems like a good idea on paper, but when you realize that you would have to carry less guns because of that, thus reducing the amount of tools you can use in order to spice up your gameplay, it doesn't feel so good. Classes like Gunslinger can deal with it, since carrying 4 deadly weapons at once makes you feel a little too safe and powerful, so having to resort to 2 powerful upgraded weapons instead of 4 could make playing as gunslinger more interesting. At least to me. But with current upgrade system you have to carry 2 weak weapons as pretty much majority of perks.
You should probably tone down nerfs and rethink your upgrade system(maybe increase weight only on first 2, or 2 last upgrades). Maybe upgrades don't have to affect just damage of the weapon. Maybe upgrades could increase reload speed of shotguns that are reloaded shell by shell or something. I thought upgrade system would allow players to use weaker weapons instead of top-tier weapons, not just upgrade top-tier weapons. Look into riven system of Warframe. Powerful weapons get weaker upgrades. Weaker weapons get powerful upgrades that allow them to compete with, or even surpass their top-tier rivals.
I'm not one of those experienced veterans that go through Hell on Earth maps with a knife only. I'm your average dude that plays your game for 2-3 hours per session to have fun and some challenge. Usually alone, sometimes with a friend, sometimes with randoms. This update doesn't make me happy, but I hope that you'll fix it eventually. There are also many other issues that other players have pointed out. D.A.Rs, Hans tweaks, microtransactions and paid DLC. I didn't talk about them, because as I said, I'm not that experienced to delve into them, so I don't.
I like new weapons though. And new map. Objectives aren't as good as they were in first game, but I still enjoy what you've done with them. It's a good first step, I guess. Don't let the hate get you and good luck.

Upvote 0
seems like the melee bash > shot ( i think most would call an interrupt) has been taken out. to me that was a big part of alot of my escape and zed time activation tactics, and it's gone.

example ... mad bomber demo ... playing solo, i would melee bash heads to get a ZED time to launch my projectile for a nuke effect: which now is impossible.

pushing and shooting right away is not an uncommon practice in firearm training.

Reactions: missing_trigger
Upvote 0
I don't hate the upgrade system but I feel like it needs alot of work. I think most upgrades don't justify the extra weight on the gun and people get greedy.

I feel a better system for less greedy players overall would be if over the course of a game (like every other wave or doing an objective), you earn upgrade tokens that upgrade a gun one tier. It would be seperate from dosh and once used, can't be refunded.

Upvote 0