• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing Floor 2 Summer Opt-In Beta 2 (PC Build 1115) Is Now Available!

To opt into this beta on Steam, join the "preview" branch available in the Beta drop-down list. Admins will need to use the following SteamCMD flag:
  • app_update 232130 -beta preview

To opt into this beta on EGS, the Beta will be accessible within KF2 owners’ game libraries as a separate install called “Killing Floor 2 Beta”. Users may need to restart their EGS launcher for the Beta to populate and be accessible to install. Progress for stats and inventory is shared between both versions on EGS so for users switching between Beta and Live be sure to sync your game data to use the latest timestamp to prevent any lost progress from participating in the Beta. The Beta on EGS also includes its own dedicated server within the install for your own personal hosting needs for this version.

Event
Interstellar Insanity
  • You made it! The moon landing was performed without any complications! Well, almost... Anyway, this research station has gone quiet for a while so you must check if everything is going well. But considering that communications were cut off a few days ago, the situation does not look good, so don’t let your guard down. On top of that, there are also 2 alternative scenarios that you may experience that will imply an additional challenge level: Arachnophobia and Scavenger weekly modes. But there is some good news! At least you will be able to use the new fancy tools from Horzine Research Group, the HRG Bastion and HRG Blast Brawlers, that were being developed in this station. Final advice: it may take you some time to get used to the moon’s gravity.
  • Beta 2 Start 6/10/2021, Beta 2 End on the final release.

Addressed Community Feedback
As mentioned in the 2020 Killing Floor 2 ‘State of the Game’ our goal is to bring to the community a continued stream of QOL changes for each update throughout the year. Please continue to report any QOL changes you believe should be added to the game by submitting your feedback in the ‘general’ section on our official forums at: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/forum/killing-floor-2

Balance
  • Weapons
    • FAMAS Masterkey
      • Primary magazine increased from 24 to 30
      • Damage of secondary fire increased from 25 to 30 per pellets
      • Number of pellets of secondary fire increased from 6 to 7
      • Penetration of secondary fire increased
      • Spread of secondary fire reduced by 17%
    • Thermite Bore
      • Ground fires duration reduced from 10 to 7 seconds
      • Iron sights offset slightly adjusted to the center of the screen
    • HRG Blast Brawlers
      • Damage of primary fire increased from 36 to 39 for each pellet
      • Penetration of primary fire increased from 0 to 2
      • Ammo pool increased from 36 to 40
      • Spread of primary fire increased about 20%
      • Block damage mitigation decreased from 60% to 50%
  • Perks
    • Berserker
      • Parry (level 15 skill)
        • Incoming damage reduction increased from 25% to 30%.
        • Duration increased from 6 to 8 seconds.
  • Weekly Modes
    • Scavenger
      • Dropped weapon lifetime increased from 10 to 20 seconds

Designer Notes :

FAMAS Masterkey was underperforming more than what we expected, mostly regarding the secondary fire. So we boosted the fire power of the masterkey shotgun in damage and penetration capacity, trying to make it a useful tool for close quarters. We also increased the magazine size of the primary fire to alleviate the lack of single shot fire mode of the weapon, a fact that sometimes is causing the players to consume more ammo than what they wanted.

We think that the Thermite Bore was in a good spot. We just made a slight adjustment on the ground fire duration, reducing their life time a bit. We also made a small adjustment on the iron sight position of the weapon that was slightly off-centered.

The HRG Blast Brawlers were also underperforming so we made few adjustments to make it a more attractive weapon inside the support arsenal. The damage and the penetration of the primary fire was increased. The ammo pool was also increased. The spread of the projectiles was slightly increased. On the other hand, the damage mitigation of the block was reduced so now the defensive capacity is still there, but making a parry is more rewarding than a simple block.

About the recent Berserker Perk adjustments, we are confident that the current state of the perk makes a better overall balance of the game. Even so, we agree with the community that the Parry skill was downgraded too much, so we increased its resistance and duration to a midpoint between the original state and the beta 1 values.

In Scavenger weekly mode, players need to constantly use and drop a lot of weapons and without any adjustment on the pickups, the battlefield would be full of empty weapons. To avoid the frustration of picking an empty weapon we implemented a reduction on the dropped weapons lifetime, so players can focus on picking new fresh weapons rather than empty dropped ones. Seems that this lifetime felt short for many players that were having problems when sharing the weapons with their mates. We increased this lifetime a bit, but still with the mechanic of removing the used weapons after a short time.

Bug Fixes
Also mentioned in the 2020 Killing Floor 2 ‘State of the Game’ our goal is to bring to the community a continued stream of community-reported bug fixes for each update throughout the year. Please continue to report any bugs you discover by visiting our official forums at: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/forum/killing-floor-2 and posting in the ‘PC’ or ‘Console’ sections.

Top Community Issues:
  • Fixed an issue where the finish tone after completing a Stand your Ground objective would repeatedly play until the end of the wave.
  • Fixed an issue with the Scavenger Weekly mode where using the DLC weapons would prevent the weekly from being completed and led to incorrect stats being reported at the end of the match. This has been temporarily fixed by removing the DLC weapons from the weapon pool for Beta 2 while a long-term fix is being worked on for the update release.

Weapons:
  • Thermite Bore
    • Fixed an issue where the Demo skills were affecting the Thermite Bore.
    • Fixed an issue where the firing sound of the Thermite Bore was being heard even when the SFX volume was disabled.
  • HRG Bastion
    • Fixed the SFX drop off distance of the shield activation/deactivation for the HRG Bastion.
    • Fixed an issue where the shield animation did not play fully after changing weapons.
    • Fixed an issue where some of the parts of the Bastion had no back facing textures leaving them to be seen through.
  • HRG Blast Brawlers
    • Fixed an issue where the tracers appeared behind the weapon as it was fired from the 3rd person perspective.
  • FAMAS Masterkey
    • Fixed an issue where you were unable to cancel the underbarrel reload animation.

Map:
  • Moonbase:
    • General
      • Fixed an issue where film grain post effect was more noticeable in Moonbase corridors.
      • Fixed an issue with the frame cap removed on higher end graphics cards that would cause ragdolls, dosh, and weapons to float to the top of Moonbase.
      • Fixed multiple seams and gaps between the walls and floor plates in the Moonbase Lobby.
      • Fixed multiple seams and gaps between the walls and floor plates in the Moonbase Kitchen.
      • Fixed multiple ZED pathing issues throughout Moonbase.
      • Fixed multiple instances of floor indicator lights overlapping and not drawing on certain textures in Moonbase
      • Fixed an issue where the floor was a tile to deep leading players to be stuck in Moonbase.
    • Living Quarters
      • Fixed multiple seams and gaps between the walls and floor plates.
      • Removed multiple instances of collision volumes creating snag spots.
      • Fixed multiple instances of objects missing textures.
      • Fixed multiple instances of blood splatter not applying to various textures and objects.
      • Fixed various LOD issues throughout the area.
      • Fixed an issue where light fixtures and neon lights were not attached to walls and hung in the air.
      • Removed multiple objects in the area that were extraneous to improve the performance of the area.
      • Fixed various instances of z-fighting within the area.
      • Fixed an issue where one of the weapon spawns would appear mid-air.
    • Rocket Dome
      • Fixed multiple instances of blood splatter not applying to various textures and objects.
      • Fixed an issue with the cables where they had no collision for grenades or projectiles.
      • Fixed an issue with the ceiling that had no collision for grenades.
      • Fixed an exploit spot around the ramps that ZEDs could not path to.
    • Green Dome
      • Removed multiple instances of collision volumes creating snag spots around the scaffolding.
      • Fixed an issue where tvs were hanging in the air.
      • Removed multiple objects in the area that were extraneous to improve the performance of the area.
      • Fixed an issue where the poles had no collision for grenades.
    • Tech Dome
      • Fixed multiple seams and gaps between the walls and floor plates..
      • Fixed an issue where Zeds spawning from the ventilation could become stuck in the air.
    • Corridors

Modes:
  • Fixed an issue where the Scavenger weekly was available on Holdout maps.

UI:
  • Fixed an issue where the FAMAS Masterkey and the Thermite Bore were unable to be sorted by perk and weapon type.
  • Fixed an issue in WebAdmin where the thumbnail for Moonbase is not visible.
  • Fixed the sorting order of the maps correcting the placement of Moonbase.

Localization:
  • Fixed an issue with the FAMAS Masterkey shotgun shells name not fitting within the text box in the Trader.

Cosmetics:
  • Fixed an issue where inventory icons for the FAMAS Masterkey and the Thermite Bore are showing as broken images in the Steam inventory.

Store:
  • Flagged the Gravity Imploder to allow it to be tradeable.

Misc:
  • Fixed log spam referencing “Cannot 3D-Scale rigid-body primitives” so that it no longer occurs.

As always, thank you for your continued support!

I work for Tripwire and run this stuff.
View all 245 featured items
That's great:
Weapons:
  • Thermite Bore
    • Fixed an issue where the Demo skills were affecting the Thermite Bore.
    • Fixed an issue where the firing sound of the Thermite Bore was being heard even when the SFX volume was disabled.
  • HRG Bastion
    • Fixed the SFX drop off distance of the shield activation/deactivation for the HRG Bastion.
    • Fixed an issue where the shield animation did not play fully after changing weapons.
    • Fixed an issue where some of the parts of the Bastion had no back facing textures leaving them to be seen through.
  • HRG Blast Brawlers
    • Fixed an issue where the tracers appeared behind the weapon as it was fired from the 3rd person perspective.
  • FAMAS Masterkey
    • Fixed an issue where you were unable to cancel the underbarrel reload animation.

Map:
  • Moonbase:
    • General
      • Fixed an issue where film grain post effect was more noticeable in Moonbase corridors.
      • Fixed an issue with the frame cap removed on higher end graphics cards that would cause ragdolls, dosh, and weapons to float to the top of Moonbase.
      • Fixed multiple seams and gaps between the walls and floor plates in the Moonbase Lobby.
      • Fixed multiple seams and gaps between the walls and floor plates in the Moonbase Kitchen.
      • Fixed multiple ZED pathing issues throughout Moonbase.
      • Fixed multiple instances of floor indicator lights overlapping and not drawing on certain textures in Moonbase
      • Fixed an issue where the floor was a tile to deep leading players to be stuck in Moonbase.
    • Living Quarters
      • Removed multiple instances of collision volumes creating snag spots.
      • Fixed an issue where light fixtures and neon lights were not attached to walls and hung in the air.
      • Fixed various instances of z-fighting within the area.
      • Fixed an issue where one of the weapon spawns would appear mid-air.
    • Rocket Dome
      • Fixed an issue with the cables where they had no collision for grenades or projectiles.
      • Fixed an issue with the ceiling that had no collision for grenades.
      • Fixed an exploit spot around the ramps that ZEDs could not path to.
    • Green Dome
      • Removed multiple instances of collision volumes creating snag spots around the scaffolding.
      • Fixed an issue where tvs were hanging in the air.
      • Fixed an issue where the poles had no collision for grenades.
    • Tech Dome
      • Fixed multiple seams and gaps between the walls and floor plates..
      • Fixed an issue where Zeds spawning from the ventilation could become stuck in the air.
    • Corridors
Weapons
  • FAMAS Masterkey
    • Primary magazine increased from 24 to 30
    • Damage of secondary fire increased from 25 to 30 per pellets
    • Number of pellets of secondary fire increased from 6 to 7
    • Penetration of secondary fire increased
    • Spread of secondary fire reduced by 17%
  • Thermite Bore
    • Ground fires duration reduced from 10 to 7 seconds
    • Iron sights offset slightly adjusted to the center of the screen
  • HRG Blast Brawlers
    • Damage of primary fire increased from 36 to 39 for each pellet
    • Penetration of primary fire increased from 0 to 2
    • Ammo pool increased from 36 to 40
    • Spread of primary fire increased about 20%
    • Block damage mitigation decreased from 60% to 50%
In general, I agree with the changes and nerfs. It's better than nothing:
Berserker
  • Parry (level 15 skill)
    • Incoming damage reduction increased from 25% to 30%.
    • Duration increased from 6 to 8 seconds.
And now I'm going to "inspect" the Mood base map after the update

Upvote 0
I went ahead and tried using the Parry skill as Beserker just now. Gotta say... I'm loving it! I played suicidal and a random joined. We had a stand your ground and they were a commando (so they already had a gun to kill zeds with) I let them take kills if they were out of the area, no problem. Then we started to get overwhelmed. I was very able to stay alive (and even make it to the end with some armor still), but the commando got swarmed 3 times. All of which I saved him, only for him to b-tch at me for hogging all the kills. Apparently I kicked so much ass as a zerk that game, that the toxic player started threatening to leave the game (more power to him) and to switch to a demo and started bragging and tried wiping it in my face that he took the boss kill. :ROFLMAO:

All the toxicity aside, I had a lot of fun with the skill change and think I'll try using Parry from now on. I have not had that much fun playing as a zerk in a long while.

-Did not use the Hemoclobber.

Reactions: CitronVert
Upvote 0
I wonder if it'd be possible to rework Vampire so that the health you gain on kill is proportional to the type of enemy killed (i.e: 3 for clot/crawler/stalker, 5 for gorefast/siren, 100 for Scrake/Fleshpound, etc.)

With the way Vampire currently works, even reducing the amount of health healed by one will make a huge difference between life and death, and 3HP per kill ends up making butcher a non-option.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I went ahead and tried using the Parry skill as Beserker just now. Gotta say... I'm loving it! I played suicidal and a random joined. We had a stand your ground and they were a commando (so they already had a gun to kill zeds with) I let them take kills if they were out of the area, no problem. Then we started to get overwhelmed. I was very able to stay alive (and even make it to the end with some armor still), but the commando got swarmed 3 times. All of which I saved him, only for him to b-tch at me for hogging all the kills. Apparently I kicked so much ass as a zerk that game, that the toxic player started threatening to leave the game (more power to him) and to switch to a demo and started bragging and tried wiping it in my face that he took the boss kill. :ROFLMAO:
That's a great reminder as to why I don't play public games anymore. It's either solo or password-protected with my buddies.
I'm too old to handle childish behavior such as that.

Upvote 0
So now effective health value with parry skill is the same as with resistance skill from before beta1.
I would still suggest to nerf the hemoclobber self healing ability (or remove it completly), that would bring katana back to his glory from the old days.
Also question to the devs: Will game still gonna be supported in 2022 ?
For solo playing this would be bad especially for newer players who rely on the weapon. The Katana underperforms. If anything maybe lessen the hemoclobber cloud size during HOE.

Upvote 0
Obviously, such changes cannot save the berserker. Zerk will be the most useless perk in the game and no one will use it in Hoe anymore.
I do think the nerf kills the perk. You'd have to have a pocket medic putting all his healing time into keeping beserker alive. Most people who play the beserker who don't run off to go solo play as a damage wall for the team, blocking big zeds and more giving them time to line up headshots.

Reactions: Studly
Upvote 0
Very sad to see TWI caving to zerk mains pressure and stepping back on the nerf. The initial nerf was good and a step in the right direction, although not enough to address the power of the zerk perk that was and is way too big as compared to other perks. Instead of advancing the nerf further TWI decided to step back.
I think the parry change is totally fine, obviously not enough for those zerk main crybabies but still within the realm of logic. Now if TWI reverts more changes to zerk on the next patch then it'll be sad.

Reactions: CitronVert
Upvote 0
Very sad to see TWI caving to zerk mains pressure and stepping back on the nerf. The initial nerf was good and a step in the right direction, although not enough to address the power of the zerk perk that was and is way too big as compared to other perks. Instead of advancing the nerf further TWI decided to step back.
Are off-perk weapons supposed to be the Berserker's primary source for kills? Nerfing the Berserker's survivability relegates his perk weapons to a sidearm role since you'll still get chewed up real fast even if you time your parries correctly.

40% damage resistance for 8 seconds is a big enough change to make the usage melee weapons without an accompanying ranged weapon playable. Spartan does feel a little weak right now when juxtaposed with the other changes made to the Berserker.

Upvote 0
Nerfing the Berserker's survivability relegates his perk weapons to a sidearm role since you'll still get chewed up real fast

It's not a proper argument if "you get chewed up real fast", the proper argument is do you get chewed up real faster or slower than other perks? And the answer is, STILL, even on beta, even considering the role of the zerk being the front line, some random HoE games I've been in, it still happens that the team gets wiped and surprisingly (not) what's that perk that survives more often? It's still either zerk or medic or both. And with that we have complaints "get chewed up real fast". Maybe faster than before, but definitely no faster than other perks do (except medic). And the purpose of the nerf is to bring sort of more equal opportunities to all perks, so zerks don't stick out as much with their survivability.

And nothing relegates here, his melee perk weapons are perfectly viable, even the shovel, as video in the previous thread on this demonstrates perfectly.

Upvote 0
The FAMAS changes help some but they don't fix the fact that the gun is deeply flawed at a base design level. I certainly wouldn't keep it for HoE although it is technically better at killing Scrakes now (and doesn't have a completely absent margin for error on Commando).

Spartan does feel a little weak right now when juxtaposed with the other changes made to the Berserker.
Explain? Because the damage and DPS have remained completely untouched. You can still Nailgun burst everything to death during Zed-Time (which is what Spartan does, come on now), you can still have free reign of the Zeds if you have a good Commando, etc., etc.

With the way Suicidal is balanced, the dream team will always consist of a tank (be it the Berserker or Survivalist), Medic, Demolitionist and Commando.
u wot, m8?

Where's the Sharp to initiate Zed time and completely remove the threat of HVTs? Where's Gunslinger to burst everything down (especially in Suicidal, which is basically HoE but with fewer Zeds)? Where's the SWAT, even, to hose down trash before it reaches you?

Also, barring bosses not named Hans, the Firebug is a perfectly viable melee tank; you just keep stuff at arms' reach without getting hit instead of just eating the hits and powering through them (as with Zerk).

Upvote 0
Most people who play the beserker who don't run off to go solo play as a damage wall for the team, blocking big zeds and more giving them time to line up headshots.
Most players don't like the Zerk drawing aggro if they're playing on a map when they're trying to line up headshots. Especially Scrakes and Fleshpounds, who become much harder to reliably headshot when they start flailing at the Zerk and their head bobs around. Similar line of thought goes for Firebug.

Or to put it another way:
ADCEBE79FBC929A93C31D63F101483CFAD1C9D6C

Upvote 0
Explain? Because the damage and DPS have remained completely untouched. You can still Nailgun burst everything to death during Zed-Time (which is what Spartan does, come on now), you can still have free reign of the Zeds if you have a good Commando, etc., etc.
Reason why Spartan works is because you have other skills keeping your health topped up (Vampire most notably). Since your survivability is tied to milestone skills, choosing Spartan means that you trade away one of your biggest tools for survivability for a few extra kills. I think some adjustments can be made to make it a viable sidegrade to Berserker Rage

Upvote 0