• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing Floor 2 Potential Weeklies For The Future - Your Input Requested

What outbreak ideas/types are you most interested in - Choose your top 2

• Era/Themeatic Outbreak - Example Wild West Weapons only (new weapons would not likely be added)

Votes: 15 17.4%
  • Perk Roulette - Swap perks/loadout with another player every wave at random

Votes: 35 40.7%
  • Thick Skulls - Zed Heads are invincible, time to learn other takedown methods

Votes: 12 14.0%
  • Time/speed changes based on player movement - Everyone still (zed time) - ramps up w movment

Votes: 23 26.7%
  • VIP Must Survive - One player per wave is chosen as the VIP - zeds will target them more

Votes: 36 41.9%
  • Ladies Night - Stalkers and Sirens are here to make a stand with the matriarch in tow - no commandos

Votes: 5 5.8%
  • Friendly Fire - Learn to aim mercs, not only do your weapons damage friendlies, but doubly for you

Votes: 9 10.5%

• Total voters
Weekly: Laser Fight

Function: All zeds are now husks and your only weapon is a husk's cannon. All husk and your husk cannon now one hit and the husks are only capable of using their range attack. Perk abilities are also turned off, but you do get increase movement and reload speed. After seven waves you will fight the patriarch, hitting him once will make him invincible and at 1 hp in which he will run away and leave some husk. once you kill all the husk he will return with full health but in the yellow, and he will repeat this until he is in the red. once in red like casual patriarch he won't run away and you can kill him. Patriarch himself will only use his missiles and will on damage you if directly hit. once getting hit by patriarch you will insta die.

Reasoning: this is like a real laser fight were once you get hit your out, and I feel as a concept this sounds like it will be fun and with players possibly chaotic.

for a reward the husk cannon could get a laser gun looking skin.

Boy, instagib/instakill was MY JAM. Too bad I've always been a poor sniper, because it was a super fun mod.

However, I do believe that the player should get a slight advantage considering the husks would outnumber the team (and it might be tough to dodge 5-6 fireballs at once!). I believe a full armor should grant you one extra hit. That OR we could instead give the Railgun/M99 to the players, so they have the perk of having an hitscan weapon, making it easier to survive. Otherwise, I love the idea.

Upvote 0
Weekly: Headless Chickens
Function: An offshoot of Hell on Earth that increases body health by 30%, but head health is reduced by 60%.

-Decapitating a zed will not deal extra damage on head loss, but they will lose health at a rate of 1%/sec (bloats excluded) (i.e: if you decapitate a clot with a 20 damage weapon, its health won't suddenly drop to a third)
-Elite Crawlers will never spawn. This is due to how they will explode into poison gas if killed by any other method than headshot (bleedout will cause them to explode)
-EDARs will bleed out as if they were any other zed
-Neck stump will count as a head hitbox for the purposes of Sharpshooter's Headshot damage bonus and Rack 'em Up skill, Gunslinger's ReU and Skullcracker skills, Berserker's Smash and Demolitionist's High Impact Rounds.
-Bosses can be decapitated (head health is a function of body health * 0.3) but won't bleed out. However, this will do the following:
--The Patriarch can't use his minigun or cloak. Can also take self-damage from his mortar (has a 0.25x damage multiplier to his own rockets)
--Hans loses his HE grenades, StG44 deals 60% less damage. Draining deals 40% less damage and also heals 40% less
--Abomination can't eat or puke
--Matriarch can't scream or use her tentacle arm. Her weapon is also automatically destroyed on head loss
--KFP can't rage, chest laser deals 70% less damage

Reasoning: It's not often that you get to fight zeds in their headless state since they often die on decapitation. I think it'd be worth it to have a game mode entirely dedicated to headless zeds due to having tougher bodies but much more fragile heads.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have an idea of weekly where you spawn only with a knife and all the zeds are replaced by poop monsters (abomination spawns).
You have to evade their suicide attacks, with successful dodges giving you some health and maybe other bonuses like speed.
Maybe players can also use 9mm as well but with very limited ammo to kill them in one shot, only as a last-ditch.

Perhaps it was suggested before.

Upvote 0
Weekly: Randomizer

Function: Gives a random loadout to players based on their class.
Ammo/weapons and armor spawn rate x4
Wave 2 would give a loadout of weight 11
Wave 3 would give a loadout of weight 15

Reasoning: Learning less used weapons and force players to move around the map to get ammo/armor and random tier 1 weapons

Upvote 0
Weekly: Alphabetty Spaghetti
Hunter 2-1, the Zeds are catching on!

Both players and Zeds are wearing Night Vision head gear, and the game is in forced night-vision mode

Commando and SWAT ONLY

The following weapons are the only weapons available:

Commando
AR-15 Assault Rifle
SA80 Bullpup
Kalashnikov AK-12
Stoner 63 LMG
HMTech-401 Assault Rifle

SWAT
MP7 SMG
MP5RAS SMG
P90 SMG
Kriss SMG
HMTech-201 SMG

The night-vision gear that the players & zeds wear, and the reward for the weekly:
1654858510552.png

This is merely a neat expansion on the Wild West weekly that has been introduced but with; different classes, different weapons, and new headgear

Upvote 0
Weekly: Burn in Holy Fire!
Such a cleansing flame!!

Both players and Zeds are wearing a heavy rebreather mask
All weapons have one magazine that is taken directly from the ammo pool

Firebug ONLY

The following weapons are the only weapons available

Caulk n Burn
Dragonsbreath
Flamethrower
Micorwave Gun
Thermite Bore (DLC)

The Heavy Rebreather Mask that players & zeds wear, and the reward for the weekly:
1654859794376.png

Reactions: Aleflippy
Upvote 0
Weekly: Alphabetty Spaghetti
Hunter 2-1, the Zeds are catching on!

Both players and Zeds are wearing Night Vision head gear, and the game is in forced night-vision mode

Commando and SWAT ONLY

The following weapons are the only weapons available:

Commando
AR-15 Assault Rifle
SA80 Bullpup
Kalashnikov AK-12
Stoner 63 LMG
HMTech-401 Assault Rifle

SWAT
MP7 SMG
MP5RAS SMG
P90 SMG
Kriss SMG
HMTech-201 SMG

The night-vision gear that the players & zeds wear, and the reward for the weekly:
View attachment 2336837

This is merely a neat expansion on the Wild West weekly that has been introduced but with; different classes, different weapons, and new headgear
Is it referencing something? I honestly find it super random. Like... That wouldn't change much from a regular SWAT run for me.

Same for the Firebug one tbh... That's just an average day for me. What's the point of such weeklies my friend?

Upvote 0
Is it referencing something? I honestly find it super random. Like... That wouldn't change much from a regular SWAT run for me.

Same for the Firebug one tbh... That's just an average day for me. What's the point of such weeklies my friend?
Mostly for the premise of limiting weapon selection, like the wild west weekly. As well as this, seeing whether a secondary factor can be introduced (bottomless magazine for FB challenge). Except seeing how that can be implemented for different classes/themes. I liked the Wild West aesthetic and thought how that can be expanded upon.

Upvote 0
Weekly: Husk Intervention

Function: Weekly challenge on HoE difficulty for 4 waves, only Husks and EDARs appear. All players play for the Firebug perk, main boss Matriarch.
For completing the challenge you get a skin on the Husk Cannon

Approximate Skin description: Dark red gradient with a red-hot barrel like Dragonsbreath | Heat | Mint or Blunderbuss | Inferno | Precious with scrawled luminous inscriptions on the body of the weapon. Name - Husk Cannon | Doom Heat | Precious

Reasoning: Show Husks who is the real infernal flame of doom here, let Firebugs fight worthy opponents

Upvote 0
Weekly: Where are they all?

Function: Weekly mode on Suicide difficulty for 7 waves, all Zeds are invisible. Berserker and Commando main perks, Zeds can only be seen through night vision devices, Commando perk for detecting Stalkers is not active. The boss is marked on the map with the boss location icon from VS Survival.

Completion Reward: Zed Spy Helmet | Precious (GPNVG-18 helmet setup)
1655411330273.png

Reasoning: NVG is a rather underrated item on the Berserker and Commando perks. This weekly mode will remind you of the presence of NVGs in the game and refresh the gameplay for Commandos and Zerk a little.

Reactions: Aleflippy
Upvote 0
Weekly: Husk Intervention

Function: Weekly challenge on HoE difficulty for 4 waves, only Husks and EDARs appear. All players play for the Firebug perk, main boss Matriarch.
For completing the challenge you get a skin on the Husk Cannon

Approximate Skin description: Dark red gradient with a red-hot barrel like Dragonsbreath | Heat | Mint or Blunderbuss | Inferno | Precious with scrawled luminous inscriptions on the body of the weapon. Name - Husk Cannon | Doom Heat | Precious

Reasoning: Show Husks who is the real infernal flame of doom here, let Firebugs fight worthy opponents
Would you even be able to complete the first wave though? Even with a good level for your Firebug perk, Husks are highly resistant to the caulk'n'burn... You'd probably run dry super fast. I'm also afraid that the influx of husks might be troublesome for the simple fact they can kamikaze you. But I assume that would be part of the challenge.

Maybe you could spawn with a single Spitfire for that challenge?

Upvote 0