• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing Floor 2 - Potential Weapons For The Future (Your Input Requested)!

What are your top 3 choices for new KF 2 weapons in the future

• Scopped bolt action rifle (k98?) - Sharpshooter Lower in tier to give that option earlier on in game

Votes: 80 26.7%
  • Incendiary Launcher (M202 Flash?) - Firebug/Demo - Bringing new gameplay oporunities to the firebug

Votes: 96 32.0%
  • HRG HM Tech SMG (Vector) - Medic - Alternative medic SMG with different fire rate/pattern

Votes: 69 23.0%
  • Slow Firing LMG (BREN) - Commando - Providing a more heavy hitter/stagger LMG

Votes: 116 38.7%
  • Pistol (MK 23) - Sharp - Sharp backup sidearm for railgun loadout with a lower weight

Votes: 128 42.7%
  • AP SMG (SR3-MP) - Swat - Giving SWAT something with AP rounds to help shred armor

Votes: 130 43.3%
  • Mine/Deployable - Demo - Giving players a way to directly or indirectly control a choke beyond C4

Votes: 37 12.3%
  • throwable for FB (WP Grenade) - Firebug - Giving Firebug a dedicated choke point weapon

Votes: 16 5.3%
  • HRG Sonic Discombobulator - Disables Zed Specials/projectile and slows with small to moderate damage

Votes: 10 3.3%
  • HRG Rioter Tool - Medic - A tool to buff singular or multiple teammates in an area

Votes: 23 7.7%

• Total voters
I guess, but I guess they meant armor-piercing BULLET SMG. The Nailgun is specifically dealing Piercing damage; I could see this gun doing SMG_Piercing, being a hybrid of both damagetypes' strengths and weaknesses. I can see this damagetype being given to P90 too, btw.
But what are the pros of Piercing Damage anyway? Taking down Sirens and EDARs faster? Or is it the ability to penetrate multiple lined-up zeds?

Upvote 0
But what are the pros of Piercing Damage anyway? Taking down Sirens and EDARs faster? Or is it the ability to penetrate multiple lined-up zeds?
Piercing damage is specifically better against QPs and Fleshpounds than Ballistic_SMG, which is why the HRG Nailgun is hailed as the best anti-HVT weapon for SWAT since the shotgun mode allows you to multiply your DPS at close range.

Reactions: Aleflippy and Aze
Upvote 0
I thought of the zastava ZPAP 92, it would be great to play, it would have a lot of recoil on the other hand, I remember that killing floor 1 had an Ak similar to this one
It's always the same train of thoughts really : what would it bring that would feel sufficiently new to be included in the arsenal of [insert perk name] ? Especially because ALL OF THEM already have a million guns to choose from.

From the little I gather, it seems the Zastava ZPAP 92 is an AK with a folded stock... I honestly struggle to see how that would translate for either the Commando or SWAT.

Reactions: Aze
Upvote 0
weapon: M1 garand
perk: sharpshooter
function: semi-auto rifle capable of alternating between using iron sights os scope, allowing more versatility on different ranges
a04e25be4dcc953a04115c5d80d1acaa.jpg
12559702_02_m1c_sniper_garand_w_m82_scope__640.jpg

Attachments

• 1665067503962.png
    1665067503962.png
    233.9 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: Milan
Upvote 0
weapon: M1 garand
perk: sharpshooter
function: semi-auto rifle capable of alternating between using iron sights os scope, allowing more versatility on different ranges
a04e25be4dcc953a04115c5d80d1acaa.jpg
12559702_02_m1c_sniper_garand_w_m82_scope__640.jpg
I notice people want those old rifles from ww 2 era, bunch of them, but you guys gotta understand that we can't add reskins of the rifles that just do pew pew, at least not with dlc's.

Each weapon must bring something new now, so the votes are very picky.
Im supporting the idea of adding semi auto rifle with 8-10 round internal magazine. This would be a nice middle ground between m14 and mosin, and also fresh breath aside from awful hrg decisions sharpshooter has received.

And switching scopes is a nice idea that hasn't been implemented on primary weapons.

Im, not a gun expert, but can you tell if there are any more attachments for this rifle that could be implemented and make it a really distinctive weapon?

Edit: well, now i've seen article about all garand variants, it seems you're suggesting m1d, which is apparently the most interesting one, yep, i like it as it is. So the weight is gonna be 4 or 5? Altho maybe sniper m1d variants may be heavier, maxixum 6 kg. Truly versatile t3 weapon, with lower weight, switching between scopes also adds to that versatility.

Last edited:
Reactions: gm130993
Upvote 0
I don't know man... As iconic as the Garand is, would it really find its niche? We already got the Mosin (admittedly, it's a DLC) and the M14 EBR. The M1 Garand would probably sit right in the middle... Not a bad idea per se, but "middle ground" weapons usually don't fare too well in KF2. It's often better to pick the first option, skip the middle one and save up for the next big thing. I rarely, if ever, saw people picking the Benelli M4 or the AK12 back in the day (which is quite a shame really)

Also, the main reason I barely ever grab the M14 EBR while it was my favorite Sharp weapon in the first game is precisely (ha ha) because it has a scope. I found it easier to use it with its iron sight, and that's also why I often pick up the Mosin as of late, up until I can get my hands on the Railgun/M99 + .500 combo. But that's obviously a personal complain, I'm just not fond of the EBR sight and possibly wouldn't like the Garand sight either ~~~~

EDIT : I also notice that two of the most requested weapons (Incendiary Launcher and BREN) are still nowhere to be found, even though the Discombobulator (the weapon with the lowest votes) did... Granted, I find some of these ideas redundant, like the scoped rifle for the sharp (would it REALLY be all that different from the Mosin?), or the Incendiary Launcher, which is pretty much the Husk Cannon. But damn, even on their OWN damn poll, Tripwire can't follow the community.

Upvote 0
I don't know man... As iconic as the Garand is, would it really find its niche? We already got the Mosin (admittedly, it's a DLC) and the M14 EBR. The M1 Garand would probably sit right in the middle... Not a bad idea per se, but "middle ground" weapons usually don't fare too well in KF2. It's often better to pick the first option, skip the middle one and save up for the next big thing. I rarely, if ever, saw people picking the Benelli M4 or the AK12 back in the day (which is quite a shame really)

Also, the main reason I barely ever grab the M14 EBR while it was my favorite Sharp weapon in the first game is precisely (ha ha) because it has a scope. I found it easier to use it with its iron sight, and that's also why I often pick up the Mosin as of late, up until I can get my hands on the Railgun/M99 + .500 combo. But that's obviously a personal complain, I'm just not fond of the EBR sight and possibly wouldn't like the Garand sight either ~~~~

EDIT : I also notice that two of the most requested weapons (Incendiary Launcher and BREN) are still nowhere to be found, even though the Discombobulator (the weapon with the lowest votes) did... Granted, I find some of these ideas redundant, like the scoped rifle for the sharp (would it REALLY be all that different from the Mosin?), or the Incendiary Launcher, which is pretty much the Husk Cannon. But damn, even on their OWN damn poll, Tripwire can't follow the community.
Okay the bottom line is - it's another debateful decision

Reactions: gm130993
Upvote 0
A Tier 2 bolt-action rifle would be left in the dust like basically every T2 weapon. Unless it hits harder than the Mosin and can be bought by Wave 3 on a regular basis to tackle Scrakes and the occasional QP, there's absolutely no point to it. And remember that the Mosin is already not great tier-wise compared to other options.

A main contributor to that is that the SPX is already very, very good in the grand scheme of things and it's been nerfed before. The main drawback is the tube-fed reload mechanism but that's in exchange for a combination of very good firing rate and damage. It is basically a better Winchester.

A bolt-action would have to hit harder than that but also come with the drawback of having to space your shots, and in an early game I don't see the point. If it has to be weaker than the Mosin by the nature of tiered weapons then there's no reason to take that in an average 6P HoE game over the SPX.

And before anyone says "fun," "fun" is subjective. Effectiveness is objective. Being fun doesn't have to preclude being useful. We don't need more useless "fUn" weapons in this game.

"middle ground" weapons usually don't fare too well in KF2. It's often better to pick the first option, skip the middle one and save up for the next big thing. I rarely, if ever, saw people picking the Benelli M4 or the AK12 back in the day (which is quite a shame really)
The M4 got skipped in the early days of KF2 because 1) it was legitimately terrible at everything and 2) the point back then was to rush the DBS and econ for the AA-12 because the DBS let you solo most things pretty well, and the AA-12 was indisputably the best shotgun because its design counteracts most of the problems inherent to shotguns in KF2.

If anything, though, high-level players rushed the AK back in the day and skipped the L85 because the L85 was just a terrible stopgap to the AK. The AK got skipped because players didn't understand how to use it well.

EDIT : I also notice that two of the most requested weapons (Incendiary Launcher and BREN) are still nowhere to be found, even though the Discombobulator (the weapon with the lowest votes) did... Granted, I find some of these ideas redundant, like the scoped rifle for the sharp (would it REALLY be all that different from the Mosin?), or the Incendiary Launcher, which is pretty much the Husk Cannon.
Incendiary Launcher already exists to a point in the form of the Husk Cannon and Thermite Bore. One is focused on direct damage (for lack of a better term) and the other is focused on spreading DoT over direct fire.

Combining the abilities of both would effectively be what most players are thinking of when they ask for an Incendiary Launcher, but that would be OP. Not that Firebug isn't OP in the first place these days.

Upvote 0
The M4 got skipped in the early days of KF2 because 1) it was legitimately terrible at everything and 2) the point back then was to rush the DBS and econ for the AA-12 because the DBS let you solo most things pretty well, and the AA-12 was indisputably the best shotgun because its design counteracts most of the problems inherent to shotguns in KF2.

If anything, though, high-level players rushed the AK back in the day and skipped the L85 because the L85 was just a terrible stopgap to the AK. The AK got skipped because players didn't understand how to use it well.
Well... That's still happening, isn't it? I can't recall the last time I saw someone taking the M4, no matter if it has been buffed. The Boomstick is more than capable, while being lightweight and inexpensive. And the AA12 could very well be Support's T5 by now, considering they'll never top it off.

I do concur that you see the AK12 more often this days, which I'm greatly pleased by. Actually, I tend to make it my primary weapon most of the time : I'd rather upgrade it than that the SCAR/FAL. It has more ammo and I dig the burst firing.

(Didn't quote the rest of your post because we simply agree on things)

Upvote 0
I have a literal PLETHORA of potential DLC weapons or this game. if you don't know of any of these guns, I suggest looking them up

for the Commando

1. The Lewis Gun
2. IMI Negev
3. RM277
4. Huot AR
5. KAC Chainsaw

for the SWAT

1. AUG A2
2. Agram 2000
3. Beretta 93R (also for Commando, but is mainly for SWAT)
4. AB-10
5. PP19 Bizon

for the Support

1. M26 MASS
2. Striker 12
3. MAG-7
4. H&K CAWS
5. Origin 12 SBV

for the Demolitionist

1. China Lake Grenade Launcher
2. GM-94
3. RGSh-30
4. M202 Flash
5. M72 LAW

for the Berserker

1. Qing Dao
2. Dual Tactical Tomahawks
3. War Scythe
4. Fubar
5. E-Tool shovel

Upvote 0
I have a literal PLETHORA of potential DLC weapons or this game. if you don't know of any of these guns, I suggest looking them up

for the Commando

1. The Lewis Gun
2. IMI Negev
3. RM277
4. Huot AR
5. KAC Chainsaw

for the SWAT

1. AUG A2
2. Agram 2000
3. Beretta 93R (also for Commando, but is mainly for SWAT)
4. AB-10
5. PP19 Bizon

for the Support

1. M26 MASS
2. Striker 12
3. MAG-7
4. H&K CAWS
5. Origin 12 SBV

for the Demolitionist

1. China Lake Grenade Launcher
2. GM-94
3. RGSh-30
4. M202 Flash
5. M72 LAW

for the Berserker

1. Qing Dao
2. Dual Tactical Tomahawks
3. War Scythe
4. Fubar
5. E-Tool shovel
You know dlc weapons must bring something unique with them right? New way to engage zeds, new mechanics, new combinations.

Reactions: Aze
Upvote 0
You know dlc weapons must bring something unique with them right? New way to engage zeds, new mechanics, new combinations.
Considering its their first post, and an account that doesn't even have a profile picture, they might has well be a simple bot.

And if they aren't, they still just dumped some random weapons without a thought of game design, or explanations as to why these would be good.

Reactions: Aze and Milan
Upvote 0
Considering its their first post, and an account that doesn't even have a profile picture, they might has well be a simple bot.

And if they aren't, they still just dumped some random weapons without a thought of game design, or explanations as to why these would be good.
not a bot, and yeah, I just dumped random weapons. to make up for this, I have some HRG weapon ideas that're much better

Upvote 0
I made some adjustments to a few of the guns I suggested. for the RM277, I added a reflex sight and a Crye Six12 precision underbarrel revolver (look it up if you don't know what that is). for the Negev, I'd have it where it'd have a double-drum mag instead of the usual box mags most LMGs use

if you have any suggestions, I'm open to it

Upvote 0