• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing Floor 2 - Potential Weapons For The Future (Your Input Requested)!

What are your top 3 choices for new KF 2 weapons in the future

• Scopped bolt action rifle (k98?) - Sharpshooter Lower in tier to give that option earlier on in game

Votes: 80 26.7%
  • Incendiary Launcher (M202 Flash?) - Firebug/Demo - Bringing new gameplay oporunities to the firebug

Votes: 96 32.0%
  • HRG HM Tech SMG (Vector) - Medic - Alternative medic SMG with different fire rate/pattern

Votes: 69 23.0%
  • Slow Firing LMG (BREN) - Commando - Providing a more heavy hitter/stagger LMG

Votes: 116 38.7%
  • Pistol (MK 23) - Sharp - Sharp backup sidearm for railgun loadout with a lower weight

Votes: 128 42.7%
  • AP SMG (SR3-MP) - Swat - Giving SWAT something with AP rounds to help shred armor

Votes: 130 43.3%
  • Mine/Deployable - Demo - Giving players a way to directly or indirectly control a choke beyond C4

Votes: 37 12.3%
  • throwable for FB (WP Grenade) - Firebug - Giving Firebug a dedicated choke point weapon

Votes: 16 5.3%
  • HRG Sonic Discombobulator - Disables Zed Specials/projectile and slows with small to moderate damage

Votes: 10 3.3%
  • HRG Rioter Tool - Medic - A tool to buff singular or multiple teammates in an area

Votes: 23 7.7%

• Total voters
m41a pulse rifle for commando and support
it is both a rifle and a 12g pump shotgun
the real life version is full auto and semi 9mm carbine rifle and the bottom of it as said before a pump action 12g shotgun
it holds 50 for the rifle mag and 3+1 in the chamber so 4 shells and its
69.5 cm (stock retracted) 84.0 cm (stock extended)
it could vary well be the best or worst gun in game depends on how you guys make it that's if you add it
normal fire is 9mm rifle
alt fire is 12g shotgun

Upvote 0
Little late to the party but how about these two:

Caulkin...Punch!

Firebug/Beserker

Two forearm/wrist Caulk'n'Burns combined with the Static Strikers Gloves (minus the shock). 100 Ammo, acts the same as the electric damage, but fire, hold down primary to just use the flamethrower aspect. Very short range as mounted up on the arms.

Elephant Gun

Demolition/Sharpshooter

Large Caliber, single shot bolt rifle shoots single exploding round. Power could be similar to the AMR and blows up like a grenade when it hits. As we've all seen videos of people falling over when they shoot an Elephant Gun, could implement the same "jump-shoot-fly backwards" mechanic of the Boomsticks. One shot, slow reload, low ammo would be similar to the AMR, but ironsights, explosions, and boomstick mechanics would make it a nice alterative for folks who hate scopes (like me!). Could model it off the .950 JDJ.

Reactions: Zerachiel333
Upvote 0
I accidentally hit post early on the first one and bumped up against the time limit. My bad about double-posting, then, but I wanted to make my thoughts heard on the poll weapons as well.

Looking at everything in the poll, the only ones that stand out to me as being maybe worthwhile are the scoped rifle for Sharpshooter and the Vector for Medic. (Though I would personally prefer the M7A3 for the Medic, unique as it was, over the Schneidzekk.)

But all of them give me pause for thought, because a lot of these ideas sound like "ideas for *variety's sake*." Which I could care less about; what I want to know is if they're actually useful. Or if they'd wind up unbalanced, or as crutch weapons:

• SR3-MP -- Unless the Zed armor system is reworked in its entirety, this is a bad idea. Currently, the only time a gun "penetrates armor" is if it just flat out does so much damage in one shot that it outright kills the Zed. Which means the SWAT would be getting a gun that hits basically as hard as a Sharpshooter or Gunslinger...which goes entirely against the idea of SWAT's "low damage, high RoF" design. Giving it something that hits that hard with a SMG firing rate = bye-bye everything, especially with Rapid Assault. Yes, SWAT has a bad time with armored enemies, but that's because armored enemies were a terrible idea to begin with.
I personally don't mind variety for variety's sake; using the same weapons over and over again gets boring sometimes. Variety is the spice of life. As long as it's not patently underwhelming (looking at you, mine reconstructor) I welcome having more weapons. That said, each weapon having a role to fill could be the goal to aim towards even if the end products don't always hit that bullseye. Even "crutch" weapons are fine by me as long as they don't make even the higher difficulties too easy. After all, this isn't a ranked competitive shooter game where technique dictates everything, and no one can be expected to play perfectly every single game.

I've cut out everything else except for your commentary on the SR3 because that's the thing I want to focus on, and because I don't have much else to say about the other suggestions. My interpretation of this weapon is that it would be a relatively slow-firing gun to balance out the fact that its rounds will individually be more damaging than any of the SMGs currently available to the SWAT (and potentially be a cross-perk weapon with Commando--or at least, here's me hoping). As for "armor penetration", it would definitely be something to be tweaked; even a feature like "does extra damage to armor without penetrating" would be nice to have. Perhaps reworking the whole armor system would be warranted anyways, given how you also noted that armored enemies were a bad idea to begin with.

As for SWAT being "low damage, high RoF" by design, my overall feeling is that right now, the SWAT is too much of a one-trick pony and needs a bit of diversification. That might just be me, but the fact that someone suggested this weapon in the first place, and the fact that the idea is the most favored one in the poll, makes me think this opinion is a prevalent one (though we can't guarantee that the people who voted are representative of the playerbase as a whole).

As for the idea I threw out there with the explosive deagles, it's honestly a half-baked turd I threw out there to see if it'd stick; I'd much rather prefer one of those options from the guy who made the spreadsheet.

Reactions: missing_trigger
Upvote 0
AP SMG (SR3-MP) swat
Reasoning: The armor pierce would be interesting because swat has problems about gorefiends or gorefasts. Swat doesnt have much options for late game weapons besides riot shield and vector. Would really love the developer do something about this cuz it really easy to run stale for this perk. Don't get me wrong, i love this perk that's why im making my opinion sound.

Upvote 0
Even "crutch" weapons are fine by me as long as they don't make even the higher difficulties too easy. After all, this isn't a ranked competitive shooter game where technique dictates everything, and no one can be expected to play perfectly every single game.
Granted. I don't even play nearly perfectly every single game. But part of the reason the higher difficulties exist is to challenge players, and the solution to those shouldn't be adding more weapons that pick up extra slack for players. The flip side to that coin is there's definitely a risk of introducing balance problems or just making the game's natural flow an issue when introducing powerful weapons or crutch loadouts.

The Hemoclobber is a good example of that, where it makes the Berserker and Medic (and yeah, I'll throw in Survivalist because of how common it is) worse at killing things in exchange for basically being nigh-unkillable themselves. Which is less winning through skill (killing things) and more surviving by brute-forcing your way through situations you'd otherwise die in. So when the Hemoclobber was introduced, a good chunk of those players just latched onto that thing and never let go. Some of them literally can't play HoE without it, because it makes "winning" much easier by virtue of being nearly impossible to kill with the added self-healing. At that point, the player isn't doing the work, the weapon is. The thing was added to the detriment of the game and that's a hill I'll die on.**

It's not the only example, mind, but it's one of the worst in a game that has a long list of problematic weapons. Same reason Firebug's major HVT-killing weapons have all been nerfed at one point or another: why bother picking anything else when you can win the game without having to aim?

I've cut out everything else except for your commentary on the SR3 because that's the thing I want to focus on, and because I don't have much else to say about the other suggestions. My interpretation of this weapon is that it would be a relatively slow-firing gun to balance out the fact that its rounds will individually be more damaging than any of the SMGs currently available to the SWAT (and potentially be a cross-perk weapon with Commando--or at least, here's me hoping).

AP SMG (SR3-MP) swat
Reasoning: The armor pierce would be interesting because swat has problems about gorefiends or gorefasts.
SWAT already has that, though, because the UMP exists. The UMP is (or at least was, I confess I haven't used it in a while) exactly for this purpose--it's the only gun capable of one-tapping Gorefasts with a headshot at 6P HoE difficulty (and 2-shotting Gorefiends IIRC). It's just that the introduction of the upgrade system meant it got left in the dust because most of SWAT's weapons don't scale well with the upgrade system as DPS goes, and the UMP is one of them because you can just boost other weapons to be that strong instead, eliminating its niche. (The upgrade system wasn't executed very well.)

So with that in mind, I feel like it'd be easier to just tweak the numbers on the UMP than go through all the trouble of having to design and implement a new weapon to fill the purpose one already serves. Seems like reinventing the wheel to me.

**(Literally had a Dystopia HoE game last week that had *3* hemoclobber players, 2 Berserkers and one melee Survivalist. In the end, the team wiped because nobody actually killed things and they just ran around healing themselves until they all got clobbered by QP groups. This is a semi-regular thing in HoE these days and it's downright painful to deal with when you're just trying to have a "shoot things in the face" game as Commando or Sharpshooter.)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I've noticed that Sharpshooter has a problem. In games on harder difficulties, lining up the perfect headshot becomes harder and the since follow-up shots typically take a little while, missing can be quite punishing. It would sure be nice to have something like the Gunslinger's AF2011A1 to up hit probability, wouldn't it? That's why I suggest the Double-Barreled Mosin-Nagant, designed by the Russian outsider artist Alexander Lobanov. I believe this wonderful weapon would fit nicely with KF2's style and allow for more prolific combat opportunities.

Attachments

• AL5.jpg
    AL5.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 4
  • AL3.jpg
    AL3.jpg
    195.5 KB · Views: 4
  • AL2.jpg
    AL2.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 5
  • AL6.jpg
    AL6.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 5
Upvote 0
2 and 1/2 suggestions:
Weapon 1: "Heirloom"
Perk: Support, +Sharpshooter
Function: 8 gauge pump action shotgun with slugs and scope, massive, and barely capable of handling, with the traditional "hunting shotgun" look, maybe. Single target damage taken to the extreme. Slugs do not penetrate (without perks?), maybe has quick dropoff and doesn't do much for range as Sharpshooter, but is very high damage-wise either way. If target is armored, does a ton of damage to armor. Long, satisfying pumping, preferably with a loud, realistic, metallic slide. Low powered scope with a square, sort of empty reticle. {This is all just in my, vision, obviously, there are many ways you could do this, and well.}
Reasoning: Support has so few fun late game weapons. I normally just find myself sticking to the frost fang, maybe pick up an aa12 that I barely use. That said, I'm an ultra-casual (in general) who mostly just plays hard and suicidal, and this just sounds fun, which is my main priority. Maybe make this sharpshooter first, support second to make it so support is receiving for once and sharp is giving for once? Or just take it off sharp and don't give them what is effectively another AMR but better? Also, game needs more pumpies.

Weapon 2: American 180
Perk: SWAT
Function: lots of bullets, not a lot of damage, but oooh, does it have a lot of bullets. Mid game bullet hose that sort of serves as a tommy gun on crack. Ultra low damage, 180 base(?) mag size. 3 mags in reserve, base.
Reasoning: Going all in on volume of fire and fire rate might be fun, considering the smgs kind of only differ by tiny amounts. Pop some variety in there.

1/2 bit: if you implement the firebug throwable, might I suggest one in the style of a hacked up oscillating sprinkler that squirts gas, and sends sparks out every once in a while, igniting gassed enemies, who also spread fire by touch now, or maybe the gas is just flaming/napalm? It'd fit your purpose and your style.

Upvote 0
Weapon: M16A1

Perk: Commando

Function: With a 20-rounder and bayonet attached, this Vietnam/Cold War-era assault rifle offers an "inbetweener" of the AR-15 Varmint Rifle and the M16(A4) 203. With the same amount of rounds as the former and a rate of fire either slightly slower than or equal to that of the latter, the M16A1 is a good all-rounder, but is specially effective against lesser Zeds. Its bayonet is not the fastest melee attack but the damage output is enough to at the very least do a decent amount of damage to a Scrake or even Fleshpound. The 'alt-fire' acts as the Fire-Selector, switching the mode from fully automatic to semi-automatic and back. The classic carrying handle grants the player a more narrow field of view which comes with both benefits and "Ouch! I didn't see that coming!"
The cost could be around 1 000 Dosh.
Upgrading it also grants better damage to its bayonet.
It can be a viable option late-game, but it is moreso intended for early to mid-game.

Reasoning: I absolutely love the M16 series of rifles and carbines and the M16A1 is my favorite. The M16A4 with the 203 underbarrel grenade launcher attachment already in the game is great fun to use, but it only makes me with I had the OG A1 variant with its classic 20-round magazine and carrying handle. And you rarely ever see M16s used with bayonets so why not add that to the weapon and make it stand out a bit more?

Due to its charicaristics as described in the Function section I do feel like there is a role it can fill other than being my personal favorite. It would be similar yet different enough to warrent a place amongst the Commando's decently cheaper options.

BONUS: When you inspect the weapon (pressing reload whilst having a full mag as well as randomly) there should be an animation where the gun jams and the character quickly solves the issue—just a little call-back to the various stories of M16s (though most notably the XM16E1, but still) jamming back in Vietnam which got some people killed in the midst of fire-fights.

Upvote 0
Granted. I don't even play nearly perfectly every single game. But part of the reason the higher difficulties exist is to challenge players, and the solution to those shouldn't be adding more weapons that pick up extra slack for players. The flip side to that coin is there's definitely a risk of introducing balance problems or just making the game's natural flow an issue when introducing powerful weapons or crutch loadouts.

The Hemoclobber is a good example of that, where it makes the Berserker and Medic (and yeah, I'll throw in Survivalist because of how common it is) worse at killing things in exchange for basically being nigh-unkillable themselves. Which is less winning through skill (killing things) and more surviving by brute-forcing your way through situations you'd otherwise die in. So when the Hemoclobber was introduced, a good chunk of those players just latched onto that thing and never let go. Some of them literally can't play HoE without it, because it makes "winning" much easier by virtue of being nearly impossible to kill with the added self-healing. At that point, the player isn't doing the work, the weapon is. The thing was added to the detriment of the game and that's a hill I'll die on.**

It's not the only example, mind, but it's one of the worst in a game that has a long list of problematic weapons. Same reason Firebug's major HVT-killing weapons have all been nerfed at one point or another: why bother picking anything else when you can win the game without having to aim?

SWAT already has that, though, because the UMP exists. The UMP is (or at least was, I confess I haven't used it in a while) exactly for this purpose--it's the only gun capable of one-tapping Gorefasts with a headshot at 6P HoE difficulty (and 2-shotting Gorefiends IIRC). It's just that the introduction of the upgrade system meant it got left in the dust because most of SWAT's weapons don't scale well with the upgrade system as DPS goes, and the UMP is one of them because you can just boost other weapons to be that strong instead, eliminating its niche. (The upgrade system wasn't executed very well.)

So with that in mind, I feel like it'd be easier to just tweak the numbers on the UMP than go through all the trouble of having to design and implement a new weapon to fill the purpose one already serves. Seems like reinventing the wheel to me.

**(Literally had a Dystopia HoE game last week that had *3* hemoclobber players, 2 Berserkers and one melee Survivalist. In the end, the team wiped because nobody actually killed things and they just ran around healing themselves until they all got clobbered by QP groups. This is a semi-regular thing in HoE these days and it's downright painful to deal with when you're just trying to have a "shoot things in the face" game as Commando or Sharpshooter.)
I feel your frustration about the hemoclobber, with the caveat that I'm less familiar with the problem, partly because I never saw the weapon as a "fun" one and therefore never used it much. Which probably explains why I die more often as a zerker than as other perks without there being a medic around. (If there's anything resembling a "crutch" weapon I use for medic, it's the heal sprayer; I can go without it but it's too useful for clearing out trash and keeping the teammates they're swarming alive at the same time.)

As for the SR3, I've never personally had much issues dealing with gorefasts/gorefiends, and even rioters, as SWAT. I just think it'd be interesting to have a different style of HVT-killer than the Vektor and the Glock 18 (and because I want Commando to share in on the fun there).

The UMP hasn't done me wrong, though it did get kind of stale. I think I personally don't prefer it because the recoil makes it bounce around too much--the Thompson makes up for the same downside with sheer magazine size, but the UMP doesn't have that going for it. Its holographic sight is miles better than the Thompson's atrocious iron sight, but that doesn't mean much when you're only really going to hit headshots with the first round of a burst or on semi-auto, at which point you're essentially trying to play like a Commando but with a weaker gun. Makes far more sense, then, to just get an HRG nailgun or a P90 instead, or wait until you can buy a Vektor.

Upvote 0
With all due respect suggesting an M16 variant is among the least exciting and likely to be implemented suggestions on a topic already plagued with underwhelming possibilities.
That's fair. Wanted to suggest it on the off-chance of it happening. The Commando lacks so much in between that bullpup rifle and the AK-12 in comparison to other classes, and at the very least I think this particular M16A1 could help fill that gap.

Upvote 0
xm8.jpg

Weapon: XM25 Grenade Launcher with XM8 Underbarrel Assault Rifle

Perk: Commando, Demolitionist

Function: A semi Automatic 25mm grenade launcher with smart grenades that can detonate automaticly when they get close to targets and a XM8 5.56mm assault rifle mounted underneath. Smart Grenades can be turned on and off with alt fire

Reasoning: the smart firing mode for the grenades would cause all grenades to explode automaticly in mid air when comming close to an enemy and the manual detonation mode would cause the grenades to only detonate on impact (both modes would be valid since the smart mode would prevent you from missing the target and allows for quick crowd control while the manual mode would allow for direct impacts for more damage since the grenades in smart mode would detonate before even hitting the target).

I just like crazy experimental and forgotten weapons like this that still existed in real life. it might not be that different in terms of gameplay compared to the m16 m203 but i think its as different from that as you can get when looking at real world weapons and i think alot of players definetly would like some more real weapons.

and at least its not just a literal reskin of the m16 like a ak74 grenade launcher combo would be in terms of gameplay.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
2 and 1/2 suggestions:
Weapon 1: "Heirloom"
Perk: Support, +Sharpshooter
Function: 8 gauge pump action shotgun with slugs and scope, massive, and barely capable of handling, with the traditional "hunting shotgun" look, maybe. Single target damage taken to the extreme. Slugs do not penetrate (without perks?), maybe has quick dropoff and doesn't do much for range as Sharpshooter, but is very high damage-wise either way. If target is armored, does a ton of damage to armor. Long, satisfying pumping, preferably with a loud, realistic, metallic slide. Low powered scope with a square, sort of empty reticle. {This is all just in my, vision, obviously, there are many ways you could do this, and well.}
Reasoning: Support has so few fun late game weapons. I normally just find myself sticking to the frost fang, maybe pick up an aa12 that I barely use. That said, I'm an ultra-casual (in general) who mostly just plays hard and suicidal, and this just sounds fun, which is my main priority. Maybe make this sharpshooter first, support second to make it so support is receiving for once and sharp is giving for once? Or just take it off sharp and don't give them what is effectively another AMR but better? Also, game needs more pumpies.

Weapon 2: American 180
Perk: SWAT
Function: lots of bullets, not a lot of damage, but oooh, does it have a lot of bullets. Mid game bullet hose that sort of serves as a tommy gun on crack. Ultra low damage, 180 base(?) mag size. 3 mags in reserve, base.
Reasoning: Going all in on volume of fire and fire rate might be fun, considering the smgs kind of only differ by tiny amounts. Pop some variety in there.

1/2 bit: if you implement the firebug throwable, might I suggest one in the style of a hacked up oscillating sprinkler that squirts gas, and sends sparks out every once in a while, igniting gassed enemies, who also spread fire by touch now, or maybe the gas is just flaming/napalm? It'd fit your purpose and your style.
yeah the american 180 would be cool.
american 180.jpg

Upvote 0
By "CoD guns" I mean guns that have been in many FPS games, in particular Call of Duty which even in its most recent incarnation is bringing back the 'fan favourite' PPSh AGAIN...
While I don't really have anything against stuff like the MP40, AK-47 and so on I'd just prefer a little more imagination and diversity.
Now that they've added famas masterkey, what do you think?
I know underslung shotgun is not my idea, but honestly it's even better this way.

Upvote 0
Weapon: Acid gun

Perk: Survivalist

Function: Either shoots a stream or lobs a blob of highly corrosive acid. Could be very useful vs armored/metal zeds.

Reason: With so many hydrochloric acid barrels laying around, why not use that to our advantage and put a little twist in the game with an acid gun? Could also be fluoroantimonic acid(strongest known acid so far). Could also blend very well with the chemical suit customization in the store with your character.

Upvote 0
I could go for a hose full of acid. I'd be highly entertained by a squirt gun full of acid. It would take me back to those days when I volunteered at an orphanage and brought a bunch of squirt guns with me. We'd have water wars out in the courtyard. My gun would be the only one with acid, of course. Kids can't be trusted with the stuff. But boy oh boy they would squeal with delight! "It hurts!" they'd say. "That's what fun feels like!" I'd reply. "I can't see!" they'd say, and we'd laugh and laugh, squirting each other and rolling around all afternoon on all the used needles and rusted shopping carts the druggies dumped there, until the winter sun dipped below the horizon and all of the senators showed up using fake names.

Ahhh... good memories. So many bright and hopeful smiles...

So many tetanus boosters.

Also consider adding a slow/disorientation effect due to the goo's stickiness/covering the zed's face. And add a flammable characteristic to promote collaboration with teammates and/or weapon switch to a flame weapon. A nice one, two combo.

Throwin' ideas out there.

Reactions: Zerachiel333
Upvote 0