• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing Floor 2 - Potential Weapons For The Future (Your Input Requested)!

What are your top 3 choices for new KF 2 weapons in the future

• Scopped bolt action rifle (k98?) - Sharpshooter Lower in tier to give that option earlier on in game

Votes: 80 26.7%
  • Incendiary Launcher (M202 Flash?) - Firebug/Demo - Bringing new gameplay oporunities to the firebug

Votes: 96 32.0%
  • HRG HM Tech SMG (Vector) - Medic - Alternative medic SMG with different fire rate/pattern

Votes: 69 23.0%
  • Slow Firing LMG (BREN) - Commando - Providing a more heavy hitter/stagger LMG

Votes: 116 38.7%
  • Pistol (MK 23) - Sharp - Sharp backup sidearm for railgun loadout with a lower weight

Votes: 128 42.7%
  • AP SMG (SR3-MP) - Swat - Giving SWAT something with AP rounds to help shred armor

Votes: 130 43.3%
  • Mine/Deployable - Demo - Giving players a way to directly or indirectly control a choke beyond C4

Votes: 37 12.3%
  • throwable for FB (WP Grenade) - Firebug - Giving Firebug a dedicated choke point weapon

Votes: 16 5.3%
  • HRG Sonic Discombobulator - Disables Zed Specials/projectile and slows with small to moderate damage

Votes: 10 3.3%
  • HRG Rioter Tool - Medic - A tool to buff singular or multiple teammates in an area

Votes: 23 7.7%

• Total voters
Weapon: AEK-971 & GP-34
Perk: Demolitionist
Function: The AEK-971 automatic rifle uses standard ammunition, magazine size: 30 (+1), fire rate: 900 rounds per minute.
Alternative fire: GP-34 using Vog-25PM fragmentation grenades (High damage radius, hemorrhage by a fragments and stun 2 sec).
Reasoning: Emphasizing the Demolitionist role as a crowd control zeds on battle zone.

071bcae25ddc57ef19065960f28e7d1e.jpg

Upvote 0
Weapon: HMTech-001 Pistols [Dual or Single]
Perk: Field Medic, Gunslinger, Survivalist.
Function: For the players who enjoy the capability of the original HMTech-101 and the dual aspect of a Gunslinger without it seeming overpowered.
Reasoning: This proposal is aimed towards the players who prefer Gunslinger over Field Medic but would have a more comfortable and enjoyable experience as a Field Medic.

The HMTech-101 Pistol has always been welcome into the arsenal of any perk. It's reliable on healing even without the player being a Field Medic, it's light enough to fill the empty gap between loadouts, and upgraded once it has the strength of the HMTech-401 Assault Rifle without adding weight. However, It is arguable that its potential is more so shown through the Gunslinger's capabilities. Then that begs the question: What if I had two?

The HMTech-001 Pistol was the first prototype regarding a medical weapon in the field, in time surpassed by the finalized HMTech-101. The HMTech-001 has a slightly higher rate of fire, a smaller magazine, less of a heal amount (potentially 10) and more of a charge cost (60%). If one were to wield two however the stats could make it more of a match with a larger magazine size overall and be capable of slightly more healing (20).

When it comes to the healing darts the alt-fire would shoot both darts at once. The cost per dart would still be 60%, an additional gun would not change this charge rate. Because of the darts the dual pistols cannot be looked down a single gun. If modeled around the HMTech-101 then the sights would be useless but the charge indication would still be visible.

TL;DR: To use two Field Medic pistols as a more unique option for the Field Medic but more so for the Gunslinger. A single pistol would do a lesser job than the HMTech-101 but having two would still be a more considerable option. I would imagine they could be considered a Tier 1/2 weapon worth 2 weight, however the choice is up to the developers.

Also to throw in a smaller suggestion for the hardcore players: To have the option to purchase a single HMTech-001 at the cost of 1 weight.

Reactions: Macconi
Upvote 0
WEAPON: MG42
PERK: Commando/Survivalist
FUNCTION: Fires 1200 rounds per minute, maybe a 100-150 round belt with an overheating system. When the gun overheats, the player character should swap out the hot barrel with a new one. Balanced accuracy or high recoil. Considerably high damage when used with perks that boost weapon performance. An expensive weapon, needs a good amount of dosh to purchase. Could possibly add a bipod to the weapon that needs to be set up on a surface to decrease recoil (this is completely optional, though. I'm just giving out possible balance ideas for the gun)
REASON: The MG42 is my favorite mobile machine gun ever, as it is for a lot of people. I just think it would be so much fun mowing down zeds at 1200 rpm with such a legendary weapon. It would also make a good weapon for crowd control.

MG42.jpgMG_42.png

Upvote 0
Weapon: HRG HK G36C(with dual barrel magazine and thermal scope)
Perk: Commando(Main Perk)/Sharpshooter

Function: An assault rifle with a large ammunition capacity and a x1.5 thermal sight makes it easy to deal with a crowd of ZED`s. With the help of the thermal sight, you can see the Stalkers from afar, even when they are invisible, and see the highlighted weak points of the Husks. Large ammo in the magazine will allow you to reload less often, but the cost of the weapon will be expensive. The Crawler in the thermal sight will be slightly hard to see. Two modes of fire: single / automatic.

Reasoning:
It will become easier for new players to deal with these ZED`s: Husk and Stalker, in addition to Commando, in my opinion, does not have enough weapons and therefore i suggested it.

Attachments

• 36b501240cfa941a3737a186102c8ed9.jpg
    36b501240cfa941a3737a186102c8ed9.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 2
Upvote 0
Some older weapons that would be cool to see:

-MP40 for SWAT
-Luger pistol for Gunslinger
-Fairbairn-Sykes dagger for Berserker, or maybe as some sort of dagger upgrade like how you can upgrade the 9mm pistol.
-PzB 39 antitank rifle for Sharpshooter. Another high power rifle made to do some real serious damage, maybe even more than the M99 AMR (is that even possible? :D )
-Add the ability to choose what sort of magazine you want for the Thompson, either a standard magazine or the drum, with the standard magazine option having less bullets and one unit less of weight
-MG42 for Commando...heavy and powerful
-M1 Garand for Sharpshooter...not a real fan, but it's a definite classic

Some more modern and futuristic weapons:
- XM8 assault rifle for Commando...I personally love how this weapon looks. Plus it's relatively light.
-Bring back the M4 from KF1...because why not?
-M41A pulse rifle with the grenade launcher for Commando...a must!
-M56 smartgun for Commando...another colonial marine weapon with ZED tracking
-Predator wristblades for Berserker
-Predator plasma caster
-Lightsaber for Berserker
-Single and dual wield FMG 9 for SWAT (or any kind of dual wield machine pistols)
-Scorpion EVO 3 for SWAT
-Some sort of HRG weapon for the Firebug that shoots a constant laser beam that does high concentrated damage and burns the ZED in the process

Upvote 0
i just wanted to second the mortar idea and add my own take on it

While it can be hipfired and it'd be a lot of fun, of course you'd want to be crouching and shooting from a more stable position to get better results, i think in close quarter maps could be troublesome since there's no way to make it shoot efficiently considering that it deals more damage or gets some sort of boost by being shot in an arc trajectory
so maybe it could be made so instead gets whatever boost based on how much distance it travels/how long it stays on the air instead
of course you'd want to try and make it shoot in an arc if you want, and if it's shot from a too close distance it could not detonate on impact but rather deal impact damage and then detonate after a couple of seconds in contrast to the rest of explosives that just deal impact damage
It could have an HRG version that shoots gas canisters like those of hans volter that the longer it travels it spreads more gas on it's trajectory until it impacts, either that or a firebug version that leaves a trail of fire as it travels to finally impact and at the end explode with fire.
I like this a lot better than just plain adding a mortar to the game. Not only do I agree that most maps won't support the typical mortar arc, but there's a coolness factor to "fuumping" from your shoulder or hip. Adding gas and a delayed explosion to the rounds would give the Demo a much-needed crowd control option while retaining their typical "one heavy shot and one long reload" feel.

The biggest gap, IMHO, with the Demo is a lack of Tier 2 weapons for people who are soloing, so I'd like to see the gas be a poison gas rather than a stumble/panic/confusion gas. There's no point in confusing zeds for a second if they recover faster than the Demo can reload. If that's winds up being the case then I don't see the mortar as being vastly superior to the inexpensive M79. Just blow 'em up.

I don't think the Firebug has any gaps in its game and they already have the HRG Scorcher. I appreciate the creativity but wouldn't vote for a fire version.

Reactions: Aleflippy
Upvote 0
To suggest another cross-perk weapon...

Alsetex Cougar Grenade Launcher
Type of weapon:
Magazine-fed 40mm grenade launcher loaded with Healing Grenades. Unlike the standard Medic Grenade and HM501, this weapon heals on explosion similarly to the Hemoclobber
Actual weapon: Alsetex Cougar MS. Should look futuristic enough to pass off as a Medic weapon IMO
Perks: Demolitionist, Field Medic
Reason: HM501 is extremely underwhelming and at the time it was new, GREATLY highlighted the linearity of Medic weapon progression. Essentially a healing weapon that also has utility as a fleshpound and medium zed killer. On the Demolitionist, I imagine you'd be trading the M32's damage and rate of fire for a much faster reload speed. I imagine that a weapon as described would have the downside of only letting the Demolitionist carry an HX-25 and Medic Pistol.
1618780669443.png

Weapon: M4A1
Perk: Commando
Function; fast rate of fire, accurate, attached holosight for engage zeds at close and medium range.
So an SA80 Bullpup reskin?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Weapon: Sonic Discombobulator (Name credit to Breadsticks_)
Perk: Survivalist
Function: Introducing the Sonic Discombobulator, which is a device that unleashes the deafening music of a Siren upon both Sirens and other Zeds alike. This weapon works off a battery to power a sonic amplifier device commonly found in the Siren's throat. The short ranged, frontal-area blast has a very wide area of effect and deals moderate damage, but it also dishes out a massive amount of hit power while slowing Zeds down. In addition, it can neutralize Husk projectiles, E.D.A.R. Bomber rockets, and even boss rockets and grenades (think Pat or Hans). Alternate fire utilizes the Siren's vortex attack seen in VS mode and actually pulls Zeds toward the weapon, but it also immobilizes them momentarily.
Reasoning: We have the Husk Launcher from the Husk, the Gore Shiv from the Gorefast, the Battleaxe from the Abomination, the Minigun from the Patriarch, and even the Mine Reconstructor from the Bloat. What if we had a sonic weapon taken from a Siren? More importantly, there is nothing in the game for players that neutralizes enemy explosives.

Link to original post: https://forums.tripwireinteractive....-weapon-idea-sonic-siren-screamer-s3.2337027/
I'm not very keen on the idea of the weapon's offensive capabilities being based on the Siren's powers. Zeds don't seem to mind when she sings. I have a very different take on the same base idea... I'm not being critical of your original; I'm just offering up an alternative.

I like the idea of a battery-powered sonic bullet more than a sonic blast. It would be a fast-moving "bullet", traveling at the speed of sound, after all, but could be neutralized/distorted by other loud noises. Since it doesn't suffer from ballistics and could have pinpoint accuracy, I think it would do well for the Sharpshooter. Give it a 10 pound weight, a minor scope, and treat it more like a turret weapon (a user HAS to use iron sights to set up and use the weapon, which immobilized the user), it is very stable with low recoil, long range, and a less than a handful of (slow?) three-round bursts per battery. With the player immobilized, possibly kneeling, and able to send three rounds into a Fleshpound's dome relatively quickly, this gun could get away with having low damage, knowing that with the right perk selections, the damage could go way, way up. And perhaps a skilled Sharpshooter could kill 3 zeds with every three-round burst.

Cons could be long reload times, expensive cost and ammo, low ammo count, and perhaps a player can't use it to bash enemies in melee.

I love, love, love the idea of a sonic shield! The shield fits in with Siren/Matriarch tech much better than using it as a blast weapon. Especially if it were large enough to cover a teammate on either side of the player. To keep it balanced, perhaps it would neutralize teammate projectiles as well, would drain the weapon's battery completely, last up to long enough to block 3 of the 4 rounds of EDAR rockets, and is a "once you press the button, the shield deploys and stays deploys until the battery is dead" kind of deal. Throw in the possibility that the shield pushes trash zeds away and you have a weapon that increases survivability in solo play.

I think the long range offense and short-range defensive features gives it some intrigue. Does the Sharpshooter move up front to help protect his teammates with the shield? or immobilize himself behind the front lines and spend his time stuck in tunnel vision while he plucks a few heads? Choices, choices.

Again, I mean no disrespect to the original idea. Kudos for giving name credit to Breadsticks_. It's a good one! Thanks for sharing.

Upvote 0
Berserker – dual sai, classic chainsaw

Commando – A-91, Famas, AK-47 with dual mags, PKM or PKP, m-60, m249

Support – SPAS-12, Saiga -12, USAS-12, hsg-1 (kf-1)

Fileld Medic – mp5, mp7, kriss (crossperk)

Demolitions – m202a1 Flash, rpg-18

Ginslinger – stechkin, makarov

SWAT – PPH-41, mp-40, OTs-14 Groza

Sharpshooter – vintorez, m24,SVD

Upvote 0
Ok first and foremost I have been keeping a keen eye on this thread to see what gets suggested and frankly for the most part I'm underwhelmed/unsurprised.

Look I'm not trying to rain on people's parade but I can't be the only one who doesn't want KF to effectively become 'CoD with Zeds' no?
So seeing a large proportion of suggestions inspired by CoD - or other games with similar arsenals - is unfortunate.

However a few suggestions have caught my attention and I wholeheartedly endorse them, those being the High Tier SWAT weapon (SR3-MP) and alternatives to C4 - whether Claymores, S-Mines, whatever.

Besides those and improved support across the board - i.e. a Tier 5 for all/less favouritism towards perks which already have significant options to choose from *Cough*Commando and Medic*Cough* - I can't think of anything else to add that wouldn't be redundant or preferable to hold back until the inevitable sequel.*

Oh and as for Firebug 'needing' more toys, are you kidding? Firebug has arguably the most fleshed out (and somewhat 'OP' at times) loadouts in the game.

*Suggestion while it's on my mind, break away from 'This perk uses these weapons' and consider dropping cross-perk because at times it has resulted in a weapon being compromised in an attempt to satisfy a position the weapon shouldn't be in, case in point the Tommy Gun.

TLDR? Less/No CoD or other overused items, thumbs up for SR3-MP and extra deployables and let's consider holding some candidates back for the next game.

Upvote 0
I suggest one of the FAMAS G2 Variants
FAMAS-10.jpg

- FAMAS G2 M203:

• This weapon is basically a more rapid-firing(than other rifles) AR / carbine in commando's arsenal. (Fire rate is 1100 r.p.m.);
  • M16 M203 and FAMAS G2 M203 could share magazines(since both weapons use exact same NATO magazines) and M203 grenades, so players can change their tactics according to game pace, i.e. rate of fire of FAMAS, or damage of M16, if they decided to buy both weapons;
  • (questionable) Commando / SWAT crossperk?;

- FAMAS G2 commando / piccatinny rail(scoped) / smg - instead of FAMAS G2 M203,
we can pick any of these 3 variants, there's not that much difference.

• Same FAMAS without M203, this one will probably be cheaper, possibly with good holo sight / optical scope respectively;
  • These 3 variants are more likely to be Commando / SWAT crossperk weapons;
  • Semi / burst / full-auto;

- FAMAS G2 Sniper - more like DMR

• This one could be Commando / Sharpshooter crossperk weapon;
  • Only in burst mode for balance reasons;
THAT'S IT!;)

Reactions: Brogs
Upvote 0
View attachment 2336130

- FAMAS G2 M203:

• This weapon is basically a more rapid-firing(than other rifles) AR / carbine in commando's arsenal. (Fire rate is 1100 r.p.m.);
  • M16 M203 and FAMAS G2 M203 could share magazines(since both weapons use exact same NATO magazines) and M203 grenades, so players can change their tactics according to game pace, i.e. rate of fire of FAMAS, or damage of M16, if they decided to buy both weapons;

• Same FAMAS without M203, this one will probably be cheaper, possibly with good holo sight / optical scope respectively;

THAT'S IT!;)

I feel like Commando needs more variety in their arsenal, so i decided that it would be good to add rapid-firing, versatile tier 3 weapon for precision classes, because they're often underperforming in close quarters, so thats where rate of fire comes in handy.

Upvote 0
View attachment 2336130

- FAMAS G2 M203:

THAT'S IT!;)
While the concept is a lot more detailed than other posts, the juxtaposition of me requesting we steer clear of 'CoD guns' immediately being followed by the FAMAS tickled me 😄

Upvote 0
I've fleshed out the rest of the poll options with some interesting HRG choices that have been suggested here in the thread. At this point the poll list is full.

Please continue to vote away and talk about weapon rolls here in this thread or in ideas and suggestions to better help the team better meet player expectations as we look at adding new weapons in!

I want to once again thank everyone who has participated so far for their enthusiasm and suggestions - this topic/poll has been a great conversation both inside the team and in the community to see what viewpoints are out their on what functions/roles need to be filled.

Working to make sure much of this thread is being documented and shared with the team! This conversation doesn't end with the poll options.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
While the concept is a lot more detailed than other posts, the juxtaposition of me requesting we steer clear of 'CoD guns' immediately being followed by the FAMAS tickled me 😄
I really didn't played any new cod games, only good old ones like mw2 or ww2, but i think if you compare it to killing floor 2, those are really different games, with different pace, gameplay.
I don't know what you mean by "cod guns" but Commando is a simple perk, really simple, you basically hold m1 entire game, or tap fire, it's assault rifles, nothing special, this is common for every fps game pretty much.
And i know that commando lacks weapons with high rate of fire, thats why i suggested famas.

Reactions: missing_trigger
Upvote 0
Weapon: Kar98k+Zf41x1.5
Perk: Sharpshooter
Function: Accurate shooting in motion, just like its design, a balance between accuracy, high power and mobility. Low magnifying ZF1.5 scope provide better accuracy than iron-sight in close-mid range, and also has increased mobility compare to high power scope.
Reasoning: Barely any games covered Kar98+ZF41 scope combo, but it's not really a rare weapon set up IRL. I'm sure WWII fans will really appreciate it‘s appearing. And Anton will be really happy about it. :)ef1466_e488dc4daaf744f986eb7da99e904b3b_mv2.jpg

Reactions: Padlock
Upvote 0