• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing Floor 2 - Potential Weapons For The Future (Your Input Requested)!

What are your top 3 choices for new KF 2 weapons in the future

• Scopped bolt action rifle (k98?) - Sharpshooter Lower in tier to give that option earlier on in game

Votes: 80 26.7%
  • Incendiary Launcher (M202 Flash?) - Firebug/Demo - Bringing new gameplay oporunities to the firebug

Votes: 96 32.0%
  • HRG HM Tech SMG (Vector) - Medic - Alternative medic SMG with different fire rate/pattern

Votes: 69 23.0%
  • Slow Firing LMG (BREN) - Commando - Providing a more heavy hitter/stagger LMG

Votes: 116 38.7%
  • Pistol (MK 23) - Sharp - Sharp backup sidearm for railgun loadout with a lower weight

Votes: 128 42.7%
  • AP SMG (SR3-MP) - Swat - Giving SWAT something with AP rounds to help shred armor

Votes: 130 43.3%
  • Mine/Deployable - Demo - Giving players a way to directly or indirectly control a choke beyond C4

Votes: 37 12.3%
  • throwable for FB (WP Grenade) - Firebug - Giving Firebug a dedicated choke point weapon

Votes: 16 5.3%
  • HRG Sonic Discombobulator - Disables Zed Specials/projectile and slows with small to moderate damage

Votes: 10 3.3%
  • HRG Rioter Tool - Medic - A tool to buff singular or multiple teammates in an area

Votes: 23 7.7%

• Total voters
DISCLAIMER: I'm not english-speaking user, potato/nerd language and subjective opinion may be included

I don't think great post template looks so great, and in my opinion it should look like my old post on Reddit (suggestion is outdated, we already have dual Glocks, and they're terrible imo, cuz I can't use one of them with M99), where, in addition to superficial description, there are also stats (damage, ammo cap, mag size, etc) and comparison with another weapons in same tier and why it will not be a dupe

I don't think the game need SR3-MP since we already have low RPM high powered SMG - UMP, and I don't think everyone likes it (I do, but my pals don't). It has 45 damage and it can 2-shot small clot-like Zeds on T3, and 1-shot on T5 with lvl 25 (not confirmed), and I don't think we need another one

We don't need scoped sniper rifle. If you want to do much damage on distance - use crossbow if you're broke or M99 if you rich. They did a great job against medium and heavy zeds, but if you want to deal with small as well - use M14 or FN FAL

We maybe need LMG with rifle chambered rounds, but it shouldn't be M60, a.k.a. "the Pig": I don't want to use weapon for 2000 dosh that don't have holo scope on it, and we already have vietnam-era LMG: Stoner 63. It must have 100 rounds in magazine with 300 in backup, 50 damage and ~600 RPM, 20000 damage in total and 500 DPS. In T5 it will compete with FN FAL, SCAR-H, and Stoner 63, and LMG will be the best in damage per mag stat. I'm sure that I wrote everything that you need

And for god sake, people, stop suggseting AKs and ARs, you can use AK-12 and M16 203

Upvote 0
A couple of Suggestions
First up, the Bouncing Betty or S mine if you prefer
Reason and Application: Demo has had C4 for a long time, but it due to the fact that it has to be manually detonated it can't really be used to lock down a lane. Bouncing Bettys can be used as a WW2 themed solution to this problem. They should cost a less than the c4 and do less damage as they should be used to filter trash through chokepoints, instead of being used a weapon to kill big zeds. In other words, a placed mine to used to filter trash through choke points.
If we can't get that, then I swear I'm gonna start strapping C4's to Roombas and rigging them to detonate when they run into 'Trash'.

As for a scoped rifle addition, how about the Lee Enfield L42A1
It was used even after WW2 until it was replaced by the l96a1 ( Accuracy International Artic Warfare). It should be a step above the DMRs (FAL, MK14EBR) but beneath the crossbow and heavy hitters. Specifically, More Damage, Lower Rate of fire (but not too slow, the Enfield's action is very easy to cylce quickly}, Slower Reload (You can't use stripper Clips with the scoped attached) and High Accuracy.

And now for something completely out there, but still an idea
A personal Buddy Drone
Reason: I mean come on, Patty's had an army of these things lying around and we've already go the Horzine drones dedicated to information storage and transportation, Why can't we just give our mercs 1 and give it a laser gun?
Application: The base idea, Something along the lines of a Quad drone that follows the player and shoots at targets within 20 meters of the player with a weapon, preferable some sort of laser weapon with a medium rate of fire and low damage. It would be destroyed when the player is killed. Only one could be owned at a time and the drone's weapon ammo would have to be purchased. The perks that would benefit the most from it would be stationary classes such as the Sharpshooter and the Demolitionists. It would also be a good add for the Field Medic.

Finally, Something for the Support
Reason and Application: Seriously, You telling me you don't want to dual wield these a flip-cock them like in Terminator 2?
A stronger and more costly alternative to the SW500 Buckshot's that weigh more. Could be bought as a single or dual wield weapon and used by both the Support and Gunslinger.

Upvote 0
Weapon: Gilboa Snake DBR (Double Barreled Rifle)
Perk: Commando
Function: a middle ground between AK-12 and SCAR-H damage-wise with an ability to shoot from a single barrel or both
Reasoning: a tier 3 weapon with 60 rounds magazine, basically AF2011-A1 but in fully automatic, assault rifle form. Less damage per bullet than AK, but has a really big magazine for an AR even without the skills. Shoots from each barrel in automatic mode (great for trash killing) and from two barrels simultaneously to deal with stronger zeds or bosses (or as a panic button do deal high DPS). My plan is to add a weapon with Stoner-tier magazine size but with a better burst damage potential to make it a good backup alternative for SCAR-H or FN FAL. Weight is 6-7 kg. Price is 1500.
I mean, just look at this cutie. Isn't it adorable?

Weapon: XM29 OICW (Objective Individual Combat Weapon)
Perk: Commando/Demolitionist
Function: a more expensive and effective alternative to M16 M203 for a better crowd control, suppression and disabling large zeds
Reasoning: M16 M203 is already great on it's own for dealing with groups of trash but you'll have troubles with constant reloads when fighting against FPS and Scrakes on higher difficulties. OICW could be a tier 4-5 assault rifle with 40 rounds magazine and a 5 rounds clip of 25mm explosive rounds that are weaker that M203 grenades but have a higher stun chance (even better with an Impact Rounds skill) so it would help you to constantly damage AND stun large zeds for you Sharpshooters/Gunslingers. The AR module might have a moderate damage and a rather high DPS of 750 RPM (like a real one analogue) and the weapon itself should weight 8 or even 9 kg to make it balanced. It may also benefit from all of Demo's perks but a slower reload than Commando version. Price is 1500/2000 dosh.

P. S.: I gave my vote to M202 FLASH :V

Reactions: Aleflippy
Upvote 0
Weapon: ???
Perk: Commando
Function: Fully-automatic assault rifle with bayonet for stabbing and parrying
Reasoning: Commando has poor survival. An effective gun (full-auto) that can also parry at a moment's notice would help in situations where commando needs better survivability. Support gets that with Frost Fang and Sharpshooter gets that with Mosin Nagant.

I would very much like to see a full-auto commando gun with a bayonet for parrying. Support and Sharpshooter both have one, but commando is low on survivability and the ability to block or parry at a moments notice with an effective and on-perk weapon would improve their position without resorting to giving them even more abilities like running faster.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Weapon: Barrett M82A1
Perk: Sharpshooter/Demolitionist
Function: a heavy hitting high tier semi-auto alternative to Rail Gun or AMR
Reasoning: Sharpshooter's meta was always either M14 + FN FAL combo or rather Rail Gun + .500 Magnum/Leverguns. My goal it to add a weapon that would have high damage per shot (maybe just slightly lower than Mosin Nagant) and a decent rate of fire (about at speed of Desert Eagle or slower) with a 10 round mag. Adding it as a crossperk for Demo solves his major "disadvantage" - his weapons are projectiles and they need time to travel and hit zeds. Even in reality, an explosive payload rifle called XM109, exists. With this, Demo can have a hitscan alternative to RPG-7, however with a lower spike damage. It's rather high magazine and ROF should help at dealing with trash packs/medium zeds/QP and FPs at longer distances for longer fights, as it have more backup ammunition than RPG. Tier 4 or 5. Weight is 9 or 10 kg. Price is 1500/2000 dosh.

Upvote 0
Most of us just want see not just reskins of weapons that already exist in the game or weapons that don't exist in realife because this is still a game which actually takes place in the time we do live so what I think would be cool are weapons that are usual but we haven't seen yet in this game for example: MG42(more LMGs in generell, maybe a new perk for them!) , PPSH, FMG-9, typical M4, AS-VAL, AK47 and stuff like that... also new Shotguns would be nasty because always going with the AA12 or the DOOMSTICK in the last rounds becomes boring after time! A perk which also needs more weapons are the Firebug and the Sharpshooter new semi automatic sniper at this point would be lit.

Upvote 0
I know the eviscerator was supposed to replace the chainsaw but tbh a chainsaw is way much much better and i really want to see it back it could be a cheaper option that uses gas too and maybe have a slightly wider range, maybe even make it the scrake chainsaw like the husk launcher, also the AK-47 pls, again i know the AK-12 is supposed to be it's replacement but we all miss the old AK47, it could have a bayonet for innovation and last but not least the scythe could be used to push zeds at a way longer range, i'll model them myself pls just don't leave us without these 3 weapons AND mutators support and listen servers srsly, before you leave the game gives us the tools to keep the game alive ourselves

that aside, 2 completely crazy weapons i'd like to see is the OICW and a M1919

Attachments

• imagen_2021-04-15_174500.png
    imagen_2021-04-15_174500.png
    329.9 KB · Views: 6
  • 1618526875259.png
    1618526875259.png
    566.2 KB · Views: 6
  • imagen_2021-04-15_180854.png
    imagen_2021-04-15_180854.png
    31.3 KB · Views: 6
  • imagen_2021-04-15_181810.png
    imagen_2021-04-15_181810.png
    793.7 KB · Views: 7
  • imagen_2021-04-15_182528.png
    imagen_2021-04-15_182528.png
    120.5 KB · Views: 7
Upvote 0
Weapon: Saiga 12
Reason/Perk: gives the shotgun class another magazine fed weapon that an upgrade from the M1014 but not above the AA12. I thought it was always awkward that the only mag fed shotgun was the AA12 and it was heavy, so I was hoping for a lightweight Mag fed shotgun.
Reason: having a Tier 4 shotgun that's lightweight but heavy hitting

Reactions: DiabloRss
Upvote 0
Weapon: Remington Model 870 Slug (Shorten to Model 870 Slug)
Perk: Shotgun (Possible Cross-perk with Sharpshooter)
Function: Higher-tier weapon. Fires 7 12-gauge slug rounds, allowing for more precise fire, as well as higher penetration and higher effective range. Possible Armor-piercing capability. I've also considered possibility of it being 12-gauge buckshot but using some alt-fire method to load Slugs, but that would require ejecting all buckshot cases if you wanted to fire the slugs immediately.
Reasoning:
Gives the player more variety as Support, which currently feels...bland. The difference in power between the SG-500, Dragonsbreath and M10 are honestly negligible. The 870 would give you a higher effective range with more power, possibly just under that of the Doomstick. It would still be decent in close range, but would not have the spread of other shotguns, which means you'd rely on a different shotgun at close range, giving your matches a good switch between weapons rather than the normal one weapon for trash & one weapon for biggies (both of which feel the same anyways).

Upvote 0
Weapon: .577 Double Rifle (elephant gun)

Perk: Sharpshooter (Support???)

Function: Smoothbore stopping rifle for a close range (iron sights) option, focusing on nearby high priority threats with a double barrel for two quick shots before a lengthy reload. It would have little in the way of penetration, and reduced accuracy at range, but a large amount of stumbling power. Low ammo pool. Potentially black a powder variant(?).

Reasoning: It gives the sharpshooter a high tier close range option, something it does not have, for those moments when you're found toe to toe with an angry mob of giants. Rather than a focus on raw damage and penetration, as the M99 does, it would have instead a focus on stumbling power against larger zeds for better crowd control, keeping in line with the sharpshooter's focus on larger zeds, but providing an alternative approach to do so.

small bonus: elephant guns saw (very) limited use in WW1 and WW2 as rather cheap, makeshift anti-material rifles.

Upvote 0
Weapon: M3A1 Grease Gun
Perk: SWAT + Demolitionist
Function: An SMG loaded with Explosive rounds, it would have a small mag size and slower fire rate to compensate for the damage type
Reasoning: This would be a bridge between Demo and SWAT giving both more viability, I know explosive rounds sound OP from the start but I only mean for it to give the slight bonus damage to certain zeds, having the explosion size tiny, along the lines of a Fleshpounds head, so there won't be any self-damage and won't be able to damage multiple zeds, this gives SWAT more power to fight bigger zeds and gives Demo a trash killer that can be used with a larger weapon for more versatility

Upvote 0
Weapon: PGM Hecate ii Scopped bolt action anti-materiel rifle
Perk: Sharpshooter/Demolitionist
Function: the Hecate ii has extremely high damage and low spread and comes pre-equipped with a scope. The magnification level of the scope is 3.13x. The rifle fires explosive bullets, Offsetting this is its slow rate of fire, resulting in a low DPS and that the weapon itself weighs 9 pounds and costs 1500
Reasoning: i feel that the Sharpshooter need a high damage weapon that's not a one round weapon, and the demo need a long-range alternative to the rpg-7

Attachments

• Materiel_rifle_side_shot.jpg
    Materiel_rifle_side_shot.jpg
    287.4 KB · Views: 3
  • PGM_Hecate.jpg
    PGM_Hecate.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 35176-1-1295912511.png
    35176-1-1295912511.png
    756.6 KB · Views: 3
Upvote 0
Weapon: Pancor Jackhammer MK3A1 (w/ explosive shells?)
Perk: Support (/Demo)
Function: Tier 4/5 fully automatic shotgun. Slower rate of fire than the AA-12, but larger pellet count or damage. If frag rounds are the design choice instead, its function becomes even more distinct by offering an explosive solution that can crossperk with the Demolition perk, adding a unique option to both perks.
Reasoning: Contrasts with the Doomstick, which is for doing an insane amount of damage in one short burst, by providing high damage output over a more sustained period of time. Its total damage per magazine should be higher than the AA-12, but its DPS may be slower. Or, if frag rounds are the chosen design, then its magazine count would be lower, but the power of the frag rounds wouldn't be downplayed and would be very high-damage and satisfying to use. In that case, it also becomes a viable option on the Demolitionist, too, filling a fun and unique role for both perks.

Upvote 0
Weapon: Baba Yaga

Perk: Commando / Tier 5

Function: A uniquely designed Kalashnikov RPK light machine gun with wood and metal body, a drum magazine carrying 75 armor-piercing rounds, and a nasty steel bayonet attached to the barrel. it's a weapon focused on big damage, fire rate and penetration. however, its high recoil and spread make it only suitable for close engagements, reloading is not lightning fast either considering drum magazines are usually trickier. secondary fire performs a weighty thrust with the bayonet blade. hitting the bash/shove key performs a horizontal slash of little damage meant to knock back crowds of weak enemies who have you pinned (the idea of effortlessly swinging an LMG fits perfectly with the image of a soviet commando). for balancing purposes, it can't be used to parry

Reasoning: people who play commando usually want the feeling of holding down the trigger and riddling enemies with an absurd amount of bullets till the zeds either go down or the gun goes click. Baba Yaga is the perfect alternative to the minigun since it doesn't have its stability, fire rate and range but is easier to handle, doesn't need any spin up, the bullets hit harder and the bayonet allows you to not be so vulnerable when you're empty or get grabbed from multiple angles. it's basically a no-nonsense firearm for late waves, which is where many commandos can feel intimidated. its traditional design which resembles a lot the O.G AK-47 also satisfies the craving of many in the community for both old school weaponry and guns that are not limited to western equipment

Upvote 0
Weapon: Pancor Jackhammer MK3A1 (w/ explosive shells?)
Perk: Support (/Demo)
Function: Tier 4/5 fully automatic shotgun. Slower rate of fire than the AA-12, but larger pellet count or damage. If frag rounds are the design choice instead, its function becomes even more distinct by offering an explosive solution that can crossperk with the Demolition perk, adding a unique option to both perks.
Reasoning: Contrasts with the Doomstick, which is for doing an insane amount of damage in one short burst, by providing high damage output over a more sustained period of time. Its total damage per magazine should be higher than the AA-12, but its DPS may be slower. Or, if frag rounds are the chosen design, then its magazine count would be lower, but the power of the frag rounds wouldn't be downplayed and would be very high-damage and satisfying to use. In that case, it also becomes a viable option on the Demolitionist, too, filling a fun and unique role for both perks.
We already have HRG Kaboomstick and it's still among the most overpowered weapons in the game even with two shells loaded. A fully auto mag fed explosive shotgun would be a total game breaker.

Reactions: Aleflippy
Upvote 0
Weapon: Medic semi-auto rifle
Perk: Medic/Sharpshooter
Function: Basicly a semi-auto rifle which has healing darts attached on it.
Reasoning: At most levels of difficulty, every squad needs at least one fields medic. I am not sure others have the similar experience with me but I have played as medic at most time and sometimes when I tried to play some other perks, there is no medic in squad. I hope we can get every other perks have at least one medic weapon and sharpshooter shall be the easiest one to have it. There is simialr in KF1(M7A3M) but it is full-auto.

Reactions: Aerocore
Upvote 0
Gonna request something that's hella obscure and ruined by Final Fantasy:

The 19th Century Belgian Cavalry Sabre

Equipped with an integrated Revolver, the Cavalry Saber can only perform heavy swings and stabs in melee combat, but gives a decent high-penetration six-shooter to compensate for the lack of light attacks
1618547596702.png

Price: $850
Weight: 5
Damage: 40 Ballistic_Handgun (Revolver), 78 Slashing (Heavy strike)
Penetration: 2
Fire Rate: 280 RPM
Speedloaders weren't a thing back then. You'll have to reload the pistol one bullet at a time

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You just invented SPX
Smaller mag, no scope, different perk, smaller headshot bonus, potentially clip based (depending on the model they base it off of), different damage, & fire rate, probably more penetration, more weight, potentially different tier... etc.

I get what you mean, but there's plenty of overlap in guns if you describe them as generically as I did. Basically every smg is the same weapon unless you give the stats for them. Likewise with pistols or most shotguns.

Upvote 0