• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing Floor 2 - Potential Weapons For The Future (Your Input Requested)!

What are your top 3 choices for new KF 2 weapons in the future

• Scopped bolt action rifle (k98?) - Sharpshooter Lower in tier to give that option earlier on in game

Votes: 80 26.7%
  • Incendiary Launcher (M202 Flash?) - Firebug/Demo - Bringing new gameplay oporunities to the firebug

Votes: 96 32.0%
  • HRG HM Tech SMG (Vector) - Medic - Alternative medic SMG with different fire rate/pattern

Votes: 69 23.0%
  • Slow Firing LMG (BREN) - Commando - Providing a more heavy hitter/stagger LMG

Votes: 116 38.7%
  • Pistol (MK 23) - Sharp - Sharp backup sidearm for railgun loadout with a lower weight

Votes: 128 42.7%
  • AP SMG (SR3-MP) - Swat - Giving SWAT something with AP rounds to help shred armor

Votes: 130 43.3%
  • Mine/Deployable - Demo - Giving players a way to directly or indirectly control a choke beyond C4

Votes: 37 12.3%
  • throwable for FB (WP Grenade) - Firebug - Giving Firebug a dedicated choke point weapon

Votes: 16 5.3%
  • HRG Sonic Discombobulator - Disables Zed Specials/projectile and slows with small to moderate damage

Votes: 10 3.3%
  • HRG Rioter Tool - Medic - A tool to buff singular or multiple teammates in an area

Votes: 23 7.7%

• Total voters
Frankly the Smart Pistol similar to the one in TitanFall could be interesting for lower skilled players.
The same with a Smart Rifle similar to the ones from Aliens, semi-auto aiming.

EDIT: More Details
Smart Pistol
requiring some actual aiming time before being able to fire, locks on to X amount of heads (increased with upgrades), then fire when ready.
Perks: Field Medic & Gunslinger

Smart Rifle Doesn't give a lot of headshots, but has some level of auto aim (around a 10th of the screen around the reticule) to that will guarantee hits, but will be much worse at hitting weak points.
Perks: Commando
just why?

Upvote 0
Weapon: HRG freeze shotgun
Perk: Support
Function: HRG (free) version of frost fang with different stats and without Berserker crossperk
Reasoning: It's obvious - frost fang is way too good as DLC weapon and it's unfair. I don't really care what weapon model/stats you choose, but you have enough options to make it different from frost fang (fire rate, internal/separate magazine with different capacity, weght, price, etc).

Upvote 0
Weapon: G3
Perk:
Commando
Function: Tier 4 Assault Rifle
Reasoning:
I always wanted a G3 in the game and considering it's chambered with the same ammo of the SCAR,i see it as a possible alternative to it.
As main difference,it would have a 2 burst fire mode at difference of the SCAR.Regarding balancements,i'd make it do the same amount of damage of a scar,but it won't have any special scope attached and maybe make it have more recoil respect the scar or make it have less spare ammo.

Upvote 0
Weapon: HRG Frostflare SMG
Perk: Firebug (+SWAT)
Function: Twin-barreled SMG that alternates between Incendiary and Freeze Damage.
Reasoning: Provides good CC alternatives for both Firebug and SWAT, while still taking advantage of the DoT aspect of Fire damage. This weapon could also be a survivalist perk weapon instead since we don't have too many of those.

I drew a quick concept sketch because I was bored heh
HRG Frostfire.png

Upvote 0
Weapon: M60, PKP Pecheneg, RPD, M240B
Perk: Commando
Function: High damage lower Rate of fire sustained suppression.
Reasoning: Alternative to the Stoner with an emphasis on single hit potential and heavy hit power for staggering and suppressing Zeds.

Weapon: Springfield Model 1873, Martini Henry
Perk: Sharpshooter
Function: High single shot damage, lower weight item, without crossbow's ability to pick up used bolts.
Reasoning: An alternative to the Crossbow with the primary positive being a higher stun power and higher damage, but at a cost of being unable to pick ammo up, higher price tag, and slightly slower reload speed. Plus fun reload animations.

Weapon: Winchester Model 1887
Function: When being fired from the hip fires at a higher rate of fire than if aimed. Fires 10 gauge rounds with more pellets than normal.
Reasoning: Besides having the option of very iconic reloads. Having more pellets due to firing 10 gauge shell it compares closest to the M4 with higher overall damage if more pellets strike, but only having a comparable rate of fire while hip firing.

Weapon: 1866 Chain Pistol
Perk: Gunslinger (Single weapon cross perk with Sharpshooter?)
Function: Massive capacity (20), Single weapon can be "fanned" from the hip for much higher Rate of Fire, Akimbo equipped weapons has almost unrivaled capacity and damage per round at the major disadvantage of having incredibly slow reload times.
Reasoning: A very unique weapon most recently seen in "Hunt Showdown" could be treated as a gap between the Glock 18's Massive ROF and the .500's Massive damage. High damage(lower than .500), High Capacity, And solid Rate of fire (Faster from the hip when using a single model) but a snails pace reload time.

Upvote 0
Weapon: CZ Scorpion vz. 61
Perk: SWAT, Survivalist
Function: It's basically cut down AK-47 chambered in 7,65 mm as it's a pistol/revolver round. So it's not very powerful and has a limited range, but fire-rate and it's weight compensate the damage tradeoff. It's very light SMG, so it could weight 3-4 pounds possibly. Maybe could be sold for 700-800 dosh base, as a 2-tier weapon. Standard mag size is 20 bullets, but extended can hold up to 30 rounds.
Reasoning: I would love to atleast one Czech weapon in my favorite game. Also we didn't get new SMG in quite a long time, as it could be also used for survivalist as his secondary lower damage weapon.

Reactions: Jbarazal
Upvote 0
Weapon: Blower Thrower Bile Launcher (KF2 Version)
Perk: Field Medic, Survivalist
Function: Crowd control, weakening zeds
(it would be a hybrid between the hemoglobin and the flamethrower)
Reasoning: I find it a very fun, interesting, useful and different weapon. I would like to see her again in KF2
You do realize the HRG Healthrower exists, right?

Reactions: Captain Shays
Upvote 0
Weapon: FAMAS
Perk: Commando (Optionally crossperk with firebug?)
Function: Extremely fast firing bullpup assault rifle. (If crossperk with firebug, the last 3 rounds of each magazine are incendiary tracer rounds)
Reasoning: Because the FAMAS is a cool weapon, and I want a bullet-hose for Commando.

Weapon: AN-94
Perk: Commando/Sharpshooter.
Function: Assault rifle with 2 round burst either activated as a separate fire mode setting, or the first 2 shots of each trigger pull are the hyper-burst.
Reasoning: Because it'd look awesome to see the recoil compensation thing on the barrel moving in Zed-Time.

Upvote 0
Weapon: Pancor Jackhammer
Function: AA12 alternative, Tier 3\4
Reasoning: Currently, there is only one full auto shotgun - AA12. Players have no choice. Jackhammer will be a nice alteration. While drum size is only 10 shells it will provide slightly faster shooting speed, less recoil, more damage and slightly faster reload speed. Also, special function: you can throw entire drum as grenade! (yes, thats a real thing),

Upvote 0
So I've got a couple opinions on the M202 FLASH suggestion people have been throwing out.

Weapon: M202 FLASH

Perk: Firebug (Crossperk: Demolitionist)

Function: The M202 FLASH would work in a few unique ways I feel.
1. It's a middle-ground between the Seeker Six and RPG.
2. It's rockets deal a burst of explosive AND fire damage. I'd say damage of explosive is comparable to the Seeker Six with an addition of an equal amount of fire damage. That way the Firebug gets the reliable explosive damage burst and can buff up it's burst fire effect. This would probably need some tweaking and testing to get this damage amount right to be good but not just be a better RPG. That's up to Twipwire to test that out.
3. Radius of the burst damage is the size of an RPG shot.
4. On explosion it bursts into napalm, covering a large area in fire. The radius of this would be larger than the initial burst damage explosion. This allows the Firebug to still fulfill it's role as an AOE crowd clearing debilitator. Ground Fire would work wonders with this effect because you can take on a big group and leave the survivor's as easy pick-offs by the rest of the team. With ZED Shrapnel you could even cause chain-reactions. Firestorm could make the radius a little bigger.
5. This would be a Tier 5 weapon. You can not upgrade it, and it's heavy enough that you can only carry items that are weight 4. This means the Firebug could use Dual Spitfires, MAC 10, or the HRG Scorcher as a reliable backup while not getting to carry any central Firebug weapons that would tip the balances too much.

Reasoning: The M202 FLASH is an incendiary rocket launcher so it makes sense for it to be a Firebug weapon with crossperk into Demolitionist. The Firebug from my experience suffers from a lack of burstable damage. It can cover a wide range of attack and slow progress of large ZEDs with the right perks but overall without any way to quickly deal a lot of reliably high tier damage it just feels weaker than other perks. Why play Firebug when Support, Demolitionist, and Gunslinger can clear small and large ZEDs?

The M202 FLASH seeks to solve that problem. Other classes get to fill in multiple roles so it's only fair that the Firebug finally gets some good raw large ZED killing potential that isn't a weird gimmick. It gives a unique twist to the Firebug class and allows it to fight large ZEDs without needing to expend ridiculous amounts of ammo or time, at the sacrifice of less effective crowd clearing. Demo also gets an interesting new mechanic to toy with in the case the team needs some crowd clearing while still retaining the role of a large ZED eliminator. It's unique in it's role, allows the Firebug to still be effective if it's team doesn't have a large ZED clearer, and would just be a really fun addition to the game.

Upvote 0
Weapon: Mark 23/MK23
Perk: Gunslinger. Crossperk with sharpshooter
Function: more of a standard sidearm coming in at 3 pounds of weight, 550 dosh for one pistol, and damage mating between the 1911 and desert eagle. It holds 11 rounds in each magazine with a total of 132 bullets in reserve. A semi automatic pistol that comes with a laser and/or flashlight on it with a moderate fire rate once again between the 1911 and desert eagle
Reasoning: A killing floor classic now meant to help bridge the gap between trash clearing and big zed assisting pistols. It’s magazine size is meant to be high to help both the slinger and sharpshooter kill more in a magazine before reloads, while the lesser damage than the desert eagle means it isn’t as great for killing medium-large zeds. The use of this pistol leaves room for the user to select more options as a primary means of damage, without as much concern over magazine sizes or damage given they have a reliable secondary option. It’s also a classic for the fans of the first game, which it’d find a special place in their heart as an old friend
I second this, though I would prefer it without any attachments.
Either way, MK23 was my favourite in KF1 and is on the top of my wishlist for KF2.

Upvote 0
Weapon: Remington 870

Function: 10 rounds as magazine size and 60 rounds of ammo capacity. Does the same damage as the Double Barrel but has 75% penetration (as opposed to 50% on most shotguns), at the cost of its short range, slow reload speed and fire rate. Cost would be 1300$ and would weigh 7 in backpack size. For an extra function, acid rounds could be purchased and be fired via the alt-fire button.

Reasoning: Penetration in Support weapons isn't very varied, with the exception being the Doomstick. Support hasn't gotten any new weapons in a while, and adding another iconic shotgun to its arsenal would be likely to create more Support mains. Also, I believe the need for another pump-action shotgun has been long overdue (the feel of cocking this gun as you get ready to mow down 7 zeds in a row would be pretty good).

Remington-870-Upgrade-5.jpg

Upvote 0