• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing Floor 2 - Potential Weapons For The Future (Your Input Requested)!

What are your top 3 choices for new KF 2 weapons in the future

• Scopped bolt action rifle (k98?) - Sharpshooter Lower in tier to give that option earlier on in game

Votes: 80 26.7%
  • Incendiary Launcher (M202 Flash?) - Firebug/Demo - Bringing new gameplay oporunities to the firebug

Votes: 96 32.0%
  • HRG HM Tech SMG (Vector) - Medic - Alternative medic SMG with different fire rate/pattern

Votes: 69 23.0%
  • Slow Firing LMG (BREN) - Commando - Providing a more heavy hitter/stagger LMG

Votes: 116 38.7%
  • Pistol (MK 23) - Sharp - Sharp backup sidearm for railgun loadout with a lower weight

Votes: 128 42.7%
  • AP SMG (SR3-MP) - Swat - Giving SWAT something with AP rounds to help shred armor

Votes: 130 43.3%
  • Mine/Deployable - Demo - Giving players a way to directly or indirectly control a choke beyond C4

Votes: 37 12.3%
  • throwable for FB (WP Grenade) - Firebug - Giving Firebug a dedicated choke point weapon

Votes: 16 5.3%
  • HRG Sonic Discombobulator - Disables Zed Specials/projectile and slows with small to moderate damage

Votes: 10 3.3%
  • HRG Rioter Tool - Medic - A tool to buff singular or multiple teammates in an area

Votes: 23 7.7%

• Total voters
Weapon: AR-Beowulf

Perk: Commando/Support

Function: AR-15 chambered in .50 Beowulf with under-barrel 12g Masterkey shotgun. 10 round magazine capacity for AR and 3 round tube magazine capacity for the shotgun. EQUIPPED WITH RED DOT SITE. AR component of the gun has semi-auto fire mode only. Because it's 50 cal.

Reasoning:
It would be cool for a commando to have an alternative to SCAR and FAL. And this alternative weapon should have a red-dot site and huge firepower. The addition of a shotgun makes it valuable for support as well. Of course, support won't get any stat bonuses for the AR component of the gun. I think flechette rounds for shotgun would be cool addition too.

And another idea. For Commando as well.

Weapon: FAL SA-58.

Perk: Commando

Function: A lighter short barrel version of FAL with a red dot.

Reasoning: I really really want FAL with a red dot.

Upvote 0
Weapon: Smart Pistol
Perk: Field Medic & Gunslinger
Function: Similar to the Smart Pistol from Titan Fall, auto lock on X amount of heads, and then fire, unable to fire until the lock on delay has happened, less DPS than other pistols with perfect headshots, but on the other hand semi-guaranteed headshots (Other enemies can get in the way obviously.
Reasoning: Mainly for players who has a lower skill level, but still want to play the headshot game and not necessarily feel completely useless.

Upvote 0
Weapon: Smart Rifle
Function: Similar to the Smart Rifle from Aliens. Slight auto aim at around 1/10th of the screen around the reticule, with a secondary more accurate fire with lower firerate (or switch mode?) for hitting weak points. Has a low chance of headshotting.
Reasoning: Mainly for players who has a lower skill level, but still want to be able to hit with a rapid fire weapon. Decreases the barrier to entry for some people, but should obviously have a lower overall DPS than other Rifles in the category.

Upvote 0
So I assume you wan different post with each weapon?

Weapon: HRG Doomstick with slug rounds
Perk: Sharpshooter
Function: Can shoot 4 times or all in 4 once for "Railgun like" effect, able to deal with big and medium zeds. Possible price can be 2500 while "full potential" can only be close to Railgun, while you have much more amount of cheaper ammo.

Reasoning: Sometimes you just sit there, with M99 or Railgun, watching your teammates having fun shooting at all zeds while you holding yourself down, trying to save ammo for big zeds. HRG Doomstick gonna let you have more freedom, in exchange of less power?

I was thinking about other Shotguns with slug rounds but I think only doomstick would be unique enough for that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Weapon: M1918A2 Browning
Perk: Commando, possibly sharpshooter
Role: gives commando the ability to remove larger zeds efficiently, but with a factory 20rnd mag and slow/medium fire rate with large recoil as an emergency large zed killer and to help a team finish off a larger zed
Reasoning: commando (imo) lacks efficiency with larger zeds, this gives a commando a better seat in a backup role without heavily impeding on other classes roles, with the ability to get someone out of a corner or help the one guy that runs out of ammo halfway through a takedown
under sharpshooter I see it as a potential ironsight alternative to the EBR or FAL though it wouldn't be too special without any gimmick

Upvote 0
Expanding the mechanics of the game at the expense of combat stimulants as the Patriarch heals and strengthens himself.

Weapon: Morphine injector
Perk:
All perk
Function: You can buy one item per round in the store. Damage resistance by 20% for 60 seconds or during a round. Price 500 Doch

Weapon: Regenerative stimulant injector
Perk:
All perk
Function: You can buy one item per round in the store. Health regeneration 1 hp per 1 second or during a round. Price 500 Doch

Weapon: Meldonin injector
Perk:
All perk
Function: You can buy one item per round in the store. Increases speed by 10% for 60 seconds or during a round. Price 500 Doch

Tactics-icon-morphineinjector[1].png

Upvote 0
Weapon: AS VAL
Perk: SWAT
Function: Full-auto, integrally suppressed carbine w/ 20-round magazine.
Reasoning: The AS VAL, with its larger caliber yet rapid fire rate, would fit right in with the SWAT arsenal; it is compact and concealable in both size and sound. I would reason that the AS VAL be put into T5, and be given a high-damage, high-firerate, short-ranged and low-capacity balance model, so that the SWAT class is given a more capable option against larger Zeds.

The AS VAL, while obviously not a weapon from World War II, is nonetheless iconic.

Upvote 0
Weapon: Mark 23/MK23
Perk: Gunslinger. Crossperk with sharpshooter
Function: more of a standard sidearm coming in at 3 pounds of weight, 550 dosh for one pistol, and damage mating between the 1911 and desert eagle. It holds 11 rounds in each magazine with a total of 132 bullets in reserve. A semi automatic pistol that comes with a laser and/or flashlight on it with a moderate fire rate once again between the 1911 and desert eagle
Reasoning: A killing floor classic now meant to help bridge the gap between trash clearing and big zed assisting pistols. It’s magazine size is meant to be high to help both the slinger and sharpshooter kill more in a magazine before reloads, while the lesser damage than the desert eagle means it isn’t as great for killing medium-large zeds. The use of this pistol leaves room for the user to select more options as a primary means of damage, without as much concern over magazine sizes or damage given they have a reliable secondary option. It’s also a classic for the fans of the first game, which it’d find a special place in their heart as an old friend
You mention that this weapon's damage is between the M1911 and the Desert Eagle .50, but wouldn't that mean that the M1911 would become worse than the MK23 statistically, having no advantages over the MK23? I apologise if i missed something.

Upvote 0
Ageeing with Leon JR and Resudog35, I present to you:
Weapon: M202 FLASH OR HRG Seeker six
Perk: Demolitionist AND Firebug or just Firebug if you go to HRG route
Function: 4 in stead of 6 rockets with better damage and AOE with fire explosion, maybe even explode at direct impact? Really heavy if non HRG.
Reasoning: I honestly prefer non HRG version, so it's gonna be usefull for 2 perks in boss wave when one perk dies and other can still utilize it.

Upvote 0
Weapon: AKMS
Function: AK with a folding stock like in RS2:V.
Reasoning: I love plain weapons without any attachments like seen in KF1 and the RO2/RS franchises.

The lack of these weapons that are from TWI's own games is disturbing. KF1 had a RS weapon pack and it was awesome. Weapons like the PpsH, M16, DB shotgun, etc. would be awesome to see in Killing Floor 2.

Upvote 0
Weapon: M1 Garand
Perk: Sharpshooter, Survivalist, Commando (possibly?)
Function: To pack a punch from a distance with 8 high velocity rounds, and to add another historical element
Reasoning: This Gun would have a very high damage profile and with upgrading could be a possible Large Zed Stopper. The M1 could start at either tier 3 or 4 depending on where the balancing needs it to be.
Not a bad idea, but I dont really see the point in this weapon, as the M14 EBR and FN Fal already exist.

Upvote 0
Weapon: Tesla Cannon
Perk: Survivalist/Demolitionist
Function: A 4 round bazooka like cannon that shoots a massive arc of lightning. Alt fire switches the arc to a orb that uses a grenade like arc which creates a lingering static ground (consumes 4 ammo).
Reasoning: I would like to see more electrical weapons in the game that do not just require to hold down a button. Furthermore I would like to see some added crowd control weapons so you can take on a more supportive role instead of just dealing damage or healing the team.

Upvote 0
Weapon: Dual Shuangou
Perk: Berserker
Function: High speed, effective block, square bumps when pressed on R
Reasoning: There are often complaints that make it difficult for squeezed berserkers to survive in the absence of a medic. Now he can try to push the crowd around and escape from the Zeds.

Weapon: L115A3-S NV Scope
Function: Has a scope with 8x magnification, designed for long distances and night conditions, thanks to a special scope
Reasoning: Work head over heels in complete darkness, something that many Sharpshooters lacked

Upvote 0
Yes, I saw other suggestions and add some more myself:
Weapon: MK23 or FiveSeven
Perk: Gunslinger (and Sharpshooter pretty please?)
Function: It's obvious - M9/HMTECH-101 but better, no need full auto or more damage, just bigger magazine.
Reasoning: Never asked for Full auto on Gunslinger but always for one of these. MK23 is a classic, nostalgia, it's more interesting than FAL or M99.

Reactions: Aleflippy
Upvote 0
With recent update I see no future for this but I just leave it here:
Weapon: Non-explosive HRG Seal Squeal
Function: Acts as mag fed crossbow with less bolt damage and velocity
Reasoning: Many people prefer using crossbow as trash killer because of unlimited ammo. This one would be great at that, with more spare ammo but in exchange bolts are not retrivable?

Upvote 0
I wouldn't mind seeing the Arctic Warfare as the bolt action scoped rifle given it's legendary status within gaming and real life but you guys seem to have your sights (pun fully intended) set on a WW2 rifle.
Anyway here are my weapon recommendations

Weapon: Flame Spitter
Perk: Firebug
Function: Acts and looks more akin to Killing Floor 1's Flamethrower spitting arcs of liquid based fire at potentially further ranges, while it doesn't get the cone of crowd control of the stock flamethrower it has the longest lasting ground fire and afterburn of any firebug weapon.
Reasoning: Gives firebug an alternative playstyle based more around area denial and longer ranged crowd disposal while not defeating the purpose of the flamethrower or microwave gun's respective niches

Weapon: SIG MPx 9mm - Breacher
Perk: SWAT
Function: a mid tier reliable SMG akin to the MP5, the MPx also boasts an underslung shotgun attachment as a tool for quick and easy crowd disposal when overwhelmed additionally it has the chance to stun medium to big zeds on headshot similar to the fireaxe.
Reasoning: Provides SWAT a panic button to potentially escape bad situations as well as a another stun and burst method to help in disposing of bigger threats.
I really like the Breacher idea, and with the under barrel shotgun it could also work as crossperk for Support as the M16 M203 does for the Demolitionist

Upvote 0