• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing Floor 2 - Potential Weapons For The Future (Your Input Requested)!

What are your top 3 choices for new KF 2 weapons in the future

• Scopped bolt action rifle (k98?) - Sharpshooter Lower in tier to give that option earlier on in game

Votes: 80 26.7%
  • Incendiary Launcher (M202 Flash?) - Firebug/Demo - Bringing new gameplay oporunities to the firebug

Votes: 96 32.0%
  • HRG HM Tech SMG (Vector) - Medic - Alternative medic SMG with different fire rate/pattern

Votes: 69 23.0%
  • Slow Firing LMG (BREN) - Commando - Providing a more heavy hitter/stagger LMG

Votes: 116 38.7%
  • Pistol (MK 23) - Sharp - Sharp backup sidearm for railgun loadout with a lower weight

Votes: 128 42.7%
  • AP SMG (SR3-MP) - Swat - Giving SWAT something with AP rounds to help shred armor

Votes: 130 43.3%
  • Mine/Deployable - Demo - Giving players a way to directly or indirectly control a choke beyond C4

Votes: 37 12.3%
  • throwable for FB (WP Grenade) - Firebug - Giving Firebug a dedicated choke point weapon

Votes: 16 5.3%
  • HRG Sonic Discombobulator - Disables Zed Specials/projectile and slows with small to moderate damage

Votes: 10 3.3%
  • HRG Rioter Tool - Medic - A tool to buff singular or multiple teammates in an area

Votes: 23 7.7%

• Total voters
I made some adjustments to a few of the guns I suggested. for the RM277, I added a reflex sight and a Crye Six12 precision underbarrel revolver (look it up if you don't know what that is). for the Negev, I'd have it where it'd have a double-drum mag instead of the usual box mags most LMGs use

if you have any suggestions, I'm open to it
Well, offering less weapons, but be more thoughtful as to why they should be added, what new thing they could bring so late into KF2's lifecycle would be a great start. I doubt we'll need four new LMGs for the Commando... I could realistically only see one : a slow-firing, but harder-hitting LMG, as a polar opposite of the Stoner. But maybe you'll have creative ideas for a new LMG?

Same goes for everything really. Would the China Lake really be something other than a mere M79 with TWO shots instead of one? Would the shovel e-tool by that different from the modest crovel?

So yeah, you'd really need to develop why such weapons would be worth adding. But it's not an order at all... I'm not appointed by Tripwire !

Reactions: Milan and OnionBubs
Upvote 0
Well, offering less weapons, but be more thoughtful as to why they should be added, what new thing they could bring so late into KF2's lifecycle would be a great start. I doubt we'll need four new LMGs for the Commando... I could realistically only see one : a slow-firing, but harder-hitting LMG, as a polar opposite of the Stoner. But maybe you'll have creative ideas for a new LMG?

Same goes for everything really. Would the China Lake really be something other than a mere M79 with TWO shots instead of one? Would the shovel e-tool by that different from the modest crovel?

So yeah, you'd really need to develop why such weapons would be worth adding. But it's not an order at all... I'm not appointed by Tripwire !
well, I had given it some thought, and here's what I came up with for, say, the Winter update

the Agram 2000 would shoot cryo rounds as it'd fit with the season, and maybe we could add twin ice axes along with it. if not the ice axes, then maybe an HRG version of the Blunderbuss called the HRG Tundrabuss which would shoot snowball-esque projectiles that would either freeze enemies or just completely tear them apart

Reactions: Milan
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
well, I had given it some thought, and here's what I came up with for, say, the Winter update

the Agram 2000 would shoot cryo rounds as it'd fit with the season, and maybe we could add twin ice axes along with it. if not the ice axes, then maybe an HRG version of the Blunderbuss called the HRG Tundrabuss which would shoot snowball-esque projectiles that would either freeze enemies or just completely tear them apart
Yeaaaah... It's kinda not enough for a new gun to be fair. Because cryo rounds aren't special anymore. And it doesn't even change the use and "behavior" of a gun that much either : it just makes it easier to land the killing blow. It's kinda like making X weapon, but with healing/gas (for medic) or Y weapon, but with flames or explosions (for the firebug or demo respectively)

Point being : that doesn't really tell us what niche the weapon would fill. It would be like saying "it's a shotgun, but with cryo rounds !" ... well the Frost Fang already exists, and it's kind of a poor man's M4 Benelli in the hands of the Support. But for the zerk...? Now that's new. Now that's a gun that shapes the gameplay in a new way. Probably not the best way... But a different one for sure.

I believe a game like L4D (the first one ! ) is a fairly good example of how fewer means more. The first game was very lacking in weapon variety... But as a result, all of them had a very given role ! Would you pick the shotgun and kill zombies in one hit? Or grab the Uzi and have more range/deal better with crowds? Would you pick the Hunting Rifle and kill special infected before they become a threat? Or the M4 and blast hordes easily?

Don't kind me wrong, I love having choices in video games ! But too many choices isn't really good either, because it means that player will usually go back to the gun they are most familiar with, or the most efficient one. If your guns are added just for the sake of it, I doubt anyone would pick them over a more tried and true option.

Reactions: Aze
Upvote 0
Yeaaaah... It's kinda not enough for a new gun to be fair. Because cryo rounds aren't special anymore. And it doesn't even change the use and "behavior" of a gun that much either : it just makes it easier to land the killing blow. It's kinda like making X weapon, but with healing/gas (for medic) or Y weapon, but with flames or explosions (for the firebug or demo respectively)

Point being : that doesn't really tell us what niche the weapon would fill. It would be like saying "it's a shotgun, but with cryo rounds !" ... well the Frost Fang already exists, and it's kind of a poor man's M4 Benelli in the hands of the Support. But for the zerk...? Now that's new. Now that's a gun that shapes the gameplay in a new way. Probably not the best way... But a different one for sure.

I believe a game like L4D (the first one ! ) is a fairly good example of how fewer means more. The first game was very lacking in weapon variety... But as a result, all of them had a very given role ! Would you pick the shotgun and kill zombies in one hit? Or grab the Uzi and have more range/deal better with crowds? Would you pick the Hunting Rifle and kill special infected before they become a threat? Or the M4 and blast hordes easily?

Don't kind me wrong, I love having choices in video games ! But too many choices isn't really good either, because it means that player will usually go back to the gun they are most familiar with, or the most efficient one. If your guns are added just for the sake of it, I doubt anyone would pick them over a more tried and true option.
I think I understand. thank you for being elaborate about it

Upvote 0

Yeah.. still bounce between left 4 dead and killing floor. And i enjoy how simple arsenal was in first game, 3 guns is enough to fill any roles, tho players often choose pump shotgun for their accuracy, or smg for heashots and mowing down crowds, i personally think mac 10 is best all-around weapon in second game, on all difficulties.. combination of high dps and high fire rate is twice deadly for commons.

Upvote 0
what do you want from me, dude?! I'm trying over here!
I just think you really want to suggest something, but you don't know what, or im being too pedantic. Because i don't understand how you can slap cryo bullet technology on low quality unknown smg that has poor sight and usually doesn't last long. Not only that but twin axes? I can't imagine this.

People nowadays want real weapons, but adding those must bring something unique, and real world weapons, especially old ones... yep.. ak47 or m1 - just bullpup and winchester reskins. But it should attract new players right? Well the game is old, already has bad reputation for some of the choices devs made. Also real world guns should be implemented with good animations - we don't have those, at least not now. So those new players will be disappointed upon seeng the animations.

Im trying to come up with fantasy/futuristic weapons, (even tho i also suggested real world weapons), but those will not attract new players.
They will just keep already existing community alive? I guess? Meh..

Community is small, and divided to precision and chaos side. Some players prefer kf 1, i like it too in a specific way - it has atmosphere, and pacing: game has slower pace initially but things can get hot and chaotic really fast, wheres killing floor 2 is always fast and chaotic. Kf1 is overall slower and kf2 is overall faster. I believe this is the key to success of killing floor 1 and left 4 dead - pacing. I really like more slower pace, just a little bit, tied with atmosphere - cheff's kiss. It's like slowing down a song and adding reverb - makes it more deep/emotional.

Upvote 0

You know what i like to do with my weapon ideas, im continuing to develop concept even further from initial idea, and often on the fly.
Often weapons from other games inspire me, i like to combine incaps, and i like it if weapon's primary and secondary mode somehow complement each other

Maybe agram wouldn't fit with your concept, maybe it will be something different, maybe even original weapon.
Imagine
Smg with low capacity mag and blade underneath it's barrel. And you're able to dual wield those. Dual wielding unlocks slashing combo attack, fast and ferocious weapon for agressive "hit and run" tactic.

And bullet effects... we can pick something different..
I mean.. we have stuns, stumble, emp, microwave and etc.

What if bullets will have.. increased knockdown power if you shoot in legs?
And blades will have poison?

And that tundrabuss thing, again.. maybe not the best idea to convert dlc weapons to hrgs. But imagine this.
A High tech weapon...
Primary shoots concentrated laser of particles that freeze any zed on it's path and also pierces through zeds. If you hold laser long enough it will create a freezing explosion, like, zeds freeze, but also start to burn.. and if gun "overheats" and creates explosion, then it will boost you backwards..
And secondary fire...

Will create a portal and teleport entire wall of ice in front of you, potentially trapping zeds and acting as cover. I might actually suggest this, something inspired from gauss cannon in half life and ice-themed..
What do you think about this?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1huskyboi
Upvote 0
I remember this poll really got me hyped up back then, especially seeing that MK23 being one of the most voted weaps...
Don't you think that mk23 for sharp is a bad idea?
Sharp only has low capacity revolvers, mk23 suits gunslinger more, but we really don't need it.
I don't know why so many people were hyped about adding a freakin pistol that just does pewpew

I don't understand how precision players enjoy the game, especially commandos, perhaps this perk has the most simple, boring and repetitive weaponry... Bullpup being the worst weapon in the game imo, same goes for ak and mkb, boriing..

Hmtech rifles and m16m203 are a lot more interesting, because they have some additional mechanics to them.

I mean, precision perks just camp in one spot, constantly buffed by medic, doing headshots... killing zeds from afar... This is stupid, most players promote playing precision perks, and then they complain about railgun, suggesting to nerf it, because the game is too easy without big zeds.

Chaos perks at least add some dynamic.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sharp only has low capacity revolvers, mk23 suits gunslinger more, but we really don't need it.
I don't know why so many people were hyped about adding a freakin pistol that just does pewpew
Totally the opposite. I think it's a very good idea.

1. Could have been a nice tier 2 weapon focused on trash that you could get past wave 1, a middle point between single 1858 and magnum in terms of power / price, but with a way better mag size. Think of it as when they added the HRG buckshoot for supp, in terms of the roll it fills.

2. I'm an M14 + SPX / FAL Sharpshooter, and I heavily believe MK23 for Sharp could have added some variety to the perk in a similar fashion (more loadouts with enough trash cleaning power + good against larges).

3. I do understand the point of Sharp having revolvers instead of pistols but... honestly, at this point where we have many weapons that go against the "original idea" of the perk and would actually suit better other perks (Teslauncher being the best example IMO), I think it's of little importance.

TL;DR it could have filled an empty space Sharp has, while at the same time not breaking the perk or game "immersion" more than it already is, offering a new viable option.

Reactions: Aleflippy and Aze
Upvote 0

I don't understand how precision players enjoy the game, especially commandos, perhaps this perk has the most simple, boring and repetitive weaponry... Bullpup being the worst weapon in the game imo, same goes for ak and mkb, boriing..

Hmtech rifles and m16m203 are a lot more interesting, because they have some additional mechanics to them.

I mean, precision perks just camp in one spot, constantly buffed by medic, doing headshots... killing zeds from afar... This is stupid, most players promote playing precision perks, and then they complain about railgun, suggesting to nerf it, because the game is too easy without big zeds.

@OnionBubs is fuming in the corner right now ☠️

I don't really feel like writing a long paragraph to explain to you why you got that all wrong... That's a dying battle at that point. And I'm not talking about you specifically, but the whole shape of the game right now, and how most people seem to play.

Just as I just said in the Deceive Inc topic : you got to have those more "basic" perks in any game based around team roles. It's not just for beginners either : they often have the simple but important role of leading the charge. Commandos may not have the most interesting or original of gameplay, but they're important as they can deal reliably with nearly anything. They got some of the best grenades for example, they can pinpoint the priority target and get rid of stalkers. And are very reliable trash cleaners too. Sure it's weaponry is fairly self-explanatory... But what did you expect? Unless you're a IRL gun-nut : assault rifles tend to behave similarly, at least in video games. And I find it far more consistent than the medic/firebug/demo meta, which became "take whatever weapon and apply healing/fire/explosive"

Precision perks camp in one spot constantly buffed by medics...? Isn't that what some zerks are doing too? And who complains about the Railgun? Shouldn't they complain about the RPG-7 too, considering your logic?

As for the MK23, I'm fully on board with @snek : it's a gun that would breath some fresh air to the Sharpshooter perk (you seem to like that after all). It's probably gonna be a crossperked gun anyway. As it stands, the only real sidearm a sharpshooter can have is either the modest 1858 or the .500 magnum... Both are doing their jobs just fine, but are obviously limited. A good thing for a perk that should rely on killing priority targets while being backed-up by its team at shorter ranges. But why not trade a little firepower that you don't really need against trash zeds in exchange for a larger mag ? Let's also not forget how the LAR and SPX Centerfire are both somewhat better in the hands of the Gunslinger... Who's all about pistols normally. So why couldn't the Sharp get something in return?

Reactions: Aze and snek
Upvote 0
@OnionBubs is fuming in the corner right now ☠️
(ಠ ∩ಠ)

not mad, just disappointed

I don't really feel like writing a long paragraph to explain to you why you got that all wrong... That's a dying battle at that point. And I'm not talking about you specifically, but the whole shape of the game right now, and how most people seem to play.
Fortunately, my hyper-focused ass is good at doing exactly that.

Honestly, I'm in agreement with this.

Mk23 was largely popular back in the day because it was both a good offperk weapon and a good option for Sharpshooter, arguably the strongest perk in KF1. Many want it purely out of nostalgia moreso than actual function. Given how newer weapons usually look these days, I have a feeling most people asking for it would be disappointed if it were added in under the game's current management.

I don't understand how precision players enjoy the game,
Because the fun in precision perks is learning to aim so well that the Zeds don't make it through your line, same as in KF1.

It takes a lot of practice, a lot of twitch reflexes, and good old-fashioned hand-eye coordination. It's the number-one hardest to overcome skill gap for most players. It's been built into the game since day 1 of Early Access as a mechanic.

"Destroy the brain" is 99.9% of zombie game stuff, which just so happens to tie in nicely with skill indexing in video games. See, because headshots are harder to make than bodyshots, which is where the skill indexing stuff ties in...and so forth.

especially commandos,
Commando is fun to master because it's a team-oriented perk with absolutely nothing in the way of safety nets. There's no fast movement, not much in the way of extra health or armor, no spammable incaps on any weapon to save you from bad positioning or failure to kill things well, etc.; it is entirely on the player to shoot well and stick with the team or die squealing as hordes of Zeds mulch you. Perhaps another way of phrasing it would be: your mechanical abilities and gamesense are your only safety net, barring coverage from other players.

In exchange for not having a safety net to speak of, a good player is rewarded with one of the strongest kits in the game, both in the form of reliably powerful weapons (some of which are not easy to master), free counterpicking on Stalkers (and really, Crawlers too) and arguably the most indispensable contribution to the team: the ability to extend Zed-Time up to 21 seconds. That's 21 seconds of god mode for a maxed-out team.

It's easy to understand and pick up (point bangstick at enemy, click Mouse1) but the cliff of learning to headshot reliably keeps the skillcurve interesting and hard to master. It's not to the point of Sharpshooter where players find it intimidating (I guess?).

perhaps this perk has the most simple, boring and repetitive weaponry... Bullpup being the worst weapon in the game imo, same goes for ak and mkb, boriing..

If you're looking at it from a perspective of "how does this weapon help me click heads and kill Zeds more efficiently" rather than "what gimmickry does it have," then you'll understand. I don't care about gimmicks, I care about effectiveness and balancing for effort/input. That's why I don't really care about adding more weapons to this game.

Remember--we started this game with four (4) weapons: the Varmint Rifle, the Bullpup, the AK-12, and the SCAR. All of which have their nuances of their own. In fact, here's the entire list in TL;DR format from yours truly:
  • Varmint Rifle: Starter weapon; bad at bodyshots (except Crawlers); kills up to Gorefasts with one headshot.
  • Bullpup: Stopgap weapon that has a few niche applications but is ultimately a worse AK-12.
  • AK-12: Slept on hard. One of the best-executed weapons in the game. Has a manageable rate of fire in full-auto that players can easily learn to feather the trigger with. Burst-fire is skipped over as a gimmick but when mastered is one of the Commando's most lethal kit pieces (over 1000 RPM when chained well) that lets them body Scrakes with a T3. Recoil is punishing if not controlled properly but is more than manageable, raising the skill ceiling for the weapon.
  • SCAR: Good offperk option due to low recoil, fine on-perk option. Offers an alternative to the AK in the form of a weapon that has far less punishing recoil but doesn't do as well at top-tier play; it's easier to pick up and play with but isn't as good compared to other options when mastered. Ultimately suffers from overkill on trash but has an element in being able to take down medium Zeds with fewer shots, and plays a role in being able to kill Scrakes and Fleshpounds (the latter when combo'd with other weapons only because Commandos are supposed to be bad at FPs).
  • HMTech-401: Even post-nerfs, it's still veering on the edge of too good. High mag size, featherable RoF, requires the player to learn how to space out shots and not hold the button down. 1-taps most trash on headshots and kills Stalkers in a bodyshot. Fast reload time. Darts are an added bonus. Light enough to be carried with the FAL and counteract its main downsides; more on that below. Allows for safe Scrake kills due to the insane stumble/gunhit. Only bad part is that it takes three (3) headshots to bring down a Gorefiend.
  • HMTech-501: Gun part is dubious at best, but the grenades allow a Commando to top off an entire team outside of Dreadnought Berserkers. Medic gas allows for brainless self-defense from crowds and self-healing beyond what Commando should otherwise have.
  • M16/M203: Noob trap that encourages spamming explosives on a precision class, and isn't that effective against the things it's supposed to be effective against (the sole exception to a point is Quarter Pounds, which were added long after this gun to incentivize picking chaotic perks). Making regular use of the grenades requires you to run a skill tree that is worse with 95% of all other Commando guns, and the other 5% weigh too much to be paired with this.
  • Tommy Gun: Alternative to the Bullpup which is thankfully better on Commando than SWAT, but that's damning with faint praise because it's not that good in the first place. Terrible ironsights and a redundantly large magazine, which is actually required because this gun inflicts SMG damage instead of AR damage. Oops.
  • Mkb.42: Baby SCAR. Fun to run from time to time but has nasty circular recoil unlike most other ARs, and the firing rate hurts its DPS against anything beyond a Husk/Bloat.
  • Stoner: Counterproductive to Commando's playstyle. Unnecessarily high rate of fire that results in wasted shots, bad damage for a T4 weapon that barely justifies the excessive RoF, and a reload time long enough to put on a Bob Ross episode and contemplate your life's mistakes.
  • Minigun: Stoner, but moreso. Still kinda fun to play from time to time even if it's bad, but it has to be bad because Commando isn't supposed to have high-RoF weapons that are also strong (one of the game's balancing principles).
  • FN-FAL: Overpowered in Commando's hands, as it gives Commando access to a dedicated anti-HVT weapon that can do legitimate takedowns on Fleshpounds since it deals the same kind of damage as the M14 but with a rapid-fire function. Funny enough, outside of that one role, it's not great, but that doesn't matter when you can also carry it with the 401, negating most of the weapon's downsides.
  • FAMAS: Ugly gimmick weapon that fails on all accounts. Burst fire is either inadequate or wasteful depending on what you're shooting. The shotgun is badly implemented and clunky.
  • Sentinel: In a game where the sole objective is "shoot the bad guys," implementing a tool that plays the game for you by replacing basic player skillsets (learning to check behind you, pointing and clicking at the things in question, etc.) is bad enough, but to add insult to injury, this thing doesn't even work well with the perk it was keyed for. Sentinels will automatically bodyshot anything unless they otherwise walk directly under the firing cone, wasting ammo, and these things are designed to rage large Zeds. On that other note, they also will gobble the Commando's Zed-Time by shooting everything without even trying to space out kills, making them completely counterproductive to good players.

I mean, precision perks just camp in one spot, constantly buffed by medic, doing headshots... killing zeds from afar... This is stupid, most players promote playing precision perks
Shooting everything in the head mostly means it dies faster than not shooting everything in the head, by the way most enemies are designed. This excludes EDARs and QPs, which were intentionally introduced to curb headshot supremacy (one of the cornerstones the game was initially designed around). That's not to say precision perks can't kill them, just that without specific setups they are more obnoxious.

It's a proven winning strategy as opposed to kiting, which tends to be favored more by players that have trouble with headshots. The two often go hand-in-hand, if you will, as players not killing things efficiently means Zeds slip through, which means they hit the team, which means the team needs to make space, which means Zeds don't get killed because the team is running...and so forth.

Part of it is because of the fun of skilled precision play, and part of it is that kiting leaves you truly at the mercy of the game's spawn system, which most perks can't take advantage of in the first place outside of Medic/Zerk/Survivalist. Ever tried to run only to get cut off by six QPs blocking your path?

and then they complain about railgun, suggesting to nerf it, because the game is too easy without big zeds.
I mean...yeah?
When you can one-shot the hardest boss enemies in the game and have 5 other competent players on trash duty, the game gets boring on anything except the worst-designed, most claustrophobic maps.

While technically true, this game has implemented the non-aim perks extremely badly. Often in the most unhealthy way possible.

While they used to be sort-of crutch perks (easier to do lesser difficulties with but fell off substantially in higher difficulties), TWI has been buffing them over the years to more-or-less have parity with the precision perks; that is, they can win almost as hard as the precision perks in most cases.

"But that doesn't sound like a bad thing," you might say to yourself. It is. There's a few problems with this principle.
  1. The chaotic perks are way, way easier to play than the precision perks. You are effectively giving the same results for far less effort in most cases, and the game's latest years have only boosted these perks.
    1. Take Firebug compared to SWAT, the second precision anti-trash specialist.
      1. SWAT needs to watch magazines, count shots-to-kill, and ration ammo while chaining headshots together.
      2. Firebug has been buffed to the point where most games can be won by shooting the floor at a chokepoint with your preferred weapon of choice and letting enemies walk over the flames.
      3. Not all weapons used to specialize in Ground Fire--that used to be the sole realm of the Flamethrower weapons since those were easy to output damage with but required you to be close to the Zeds--but now 90% of Firebug's arsenal uses Ground Fire or Residual Flames, meaning you can apply the same damage from a completely safe vantage point instead of having to be close, which damages the risk/reward that was part of playing Firebug in the first place.
      4. For Scrakes and Fleshpounds, there's the Helios Rifle.
    2. Take many of the new weapons for Survivalist.
      1. The Locust is the ultimate trash-killing tool in this game, as well as a HVT-crippling tool, and the skill ceiling is "aim vaguely in the zip code of the enemies."
    3. Take many of the post-2018 arsenal for certain perks.
      1. The HRG Kaboomstick makes Demos worse at efficiently killing large Zeds--their one job--in exchange for a weapon that lets them easily counter their intended weakness (getting surrounded by trash Zeds and dying).
      2. Contrast with Sharpshooter, who has to be about 10x as skilled as the average pub demo.
    4. Take many of the buffs and weapons made to/for Survivalist.
      1. Survivalist now has a million different weapons that work by easily applying incaps to enemies.
      2. Incaps bypass the need for efficient shooting because they render the Zed unable to fight back.
      3. Therefore, many players will stack incaps to bypass the skill needed to win games that was previously required.
  2. The chaotic perks, simply by playing the game, interfere with the precision perks. The following interfere with players trying to land headshots:
    1. Flame particles and smoke.
    2. Fire and poison afflictions causing enemies to "panic dance."
    3. Explosion particles.
    4. Explosions shaking the screen of nearby players.
    5. Weapons like the HRG Locust having their own blinding particle effects.
    6. Knockdown afflictions like Demolitionist's Concussion Rounds, the HRG Locust doing that by existing, etc.
    7. Stumble affliction on a Zed throwing off head tracking.
    8. There's more but you get the picture.
  3. Perks like Medic, Berserker, and Survivalist being used as crutches to stay alive.
    1. The basic principle here is that players have learned some perks are much better at staying alive after being punished for mistakes, due to a combination of:
      1. Above-average movement speed letting them leave their team behind while they escape from the horde.
      2. Above-average health, armor, and damage resistance allowing them to take more hits than, say, a Sharpshooter.
      3. Above-average self-healing ability (Medic, Berserker, Survivalist's healing grenades) allowing them to quickly recover from mistakes, or prolong engagements with large Zeds beyond a reasonable level.
      4. And more!
    2. Those perks have above-average survivability and will often be the last ones left alive if things go badly for the team.
    3. Ever had your team wipe except for the Medic and Zerk kiting things for 40 minutes? That's this principle in action.
All of the above principles create a self-feeding cycle where many players won't pick the precision perks because those perks get punished harshly for badly-behaving teammates, leaving the impression that those perks are non-viable (Sharpshooter, SWAT), meaning that fewer people will play them, etc.

Conversely, for someone who's already mastered the headshot perks, shooting fire at the floor for a literal hour is suck-start-a-Doomstick levels of boring. There's no skill, no nuance, nothing, but you can still watch your scoreboard numbers go up and feel...something, I guess.

In short, the balancing in this game has completely skewed the effort/reward ratio that should otherwise be a part of this game, which is an awful design choice that has turned off many players and has driven others to take certain measures. This is the entire reason why HoE+/CD/etc. servers exist: because those good players recognize how screwball this game's balancing is and want to play for a challenge without others ruining it for them.

More weapons will only exacerbate this game's core issues and add further clutter to a game that's already got it in spades.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Agreed with everything you mentioned but the "MK23 exacerbating the problem" statement.
There's a scale on how problematic a new weapon could be.

Going by the traditional mechanics of how pistols in this game operate, a mag-fed like the 1911 would be faster-reloading than a revolver alternative, which is where my hesitance to allow something like that on Sharpshooter. That, plus it would give the Sharp in question much more ammo to work with for trash clearing.

Gunslinger? Probably wouldn't be much different from the 1911 in practice, but if that's the case, why bother including it?

But something like the Mk23 would be much less problematic than, let's say, the very recently announced HRG RPG for Medic.

Upvote 0
When you can one-shot the hardest boss enemies in the game and have 5 other competent players on trash duty, the game gets boring on anything except the worst-designed, most claustrophobic maps.

Conversely, for someone who's already mastered the headshot perks, shooting fire at the floor for a literal hour is suck-start-a-Doomstick levels of boring. There's no skill, no nuance, nothing, but you can still watch your scoreboard numbers go up and feel...something, I guess.
So, both playstyles are boring...
Perhaps that's why i sometimes restrain from playing with strong stuff..
To get that feeling again.. When first mistake is your last..
When big zeds feel like a threat rather than big potato sacks..
When firebug sets on fire big zeds))).. game suddenly becomes more hard and dynamic, when my heart was pumping, running from horde as last survivor.
Or when support welds a door and this creates that pacing contrast, when horde breaks it..
Tranquility at trader times between waves..
Dark and claustrophobic enviroments, slow movement speed that forces careful players to stick
to the team and rewards brave players with ammo crates and gear..
Contrast between grim atmosphere and... " - BLOODY HELL you STINK !"

Upvote 0
There's a scale on how problematic a new weapon could be.

Going by the traditional mechanics of how pistols in this game operate, a mag-fed like the 1911 would be faster-reloading than a revolver alternative, which is where my hesitance to allow something like that on Sharpshooter. That, plus it would give the Sharp in question much more ammo to work with for trash clearing.

Gunslinger? Probably wouldn't be much different from the 1911 in practice, but if that's the case, why bother including it?

But something like the Mk23 would be much less problematic than, let's say, the very recently announced HRG RPG for Medic.

Indeed, it could give Sharp more ammo to work with trash, but not as effective (and not as high ammo pool) as the M14.

So, both playstyles are boring...
Perhaps that's why i sometimes restrain from playing with strong stuff..
To get that feeling again.. When first mistake is your last..
When big zeds feel like a threat rather than big potato sacks..
When firebug sets on fire big zeds))).. game suddenly becomes more hard and dynamic, when my heart was pumping, running from horde as last survivor.
Or when support welds a door and this creates that pacing contrast, when horde breaks it..
Tranquility at trader times between waves..
Dark and claustrophobic enviroments, slow movement speed that forces careful players to stick
to the team and rewards brave players with ammo crates and gear..
Contrast between grim atmosphere and... " - BLOODY HELL you STINK !"

Different mindsets. Some like precision, some like chaos. Both can be fun/boring depending on the player.

However @OnionBubs already gave his very accurate points about the bad of "chaos" in the current game state.

Upvote 0