• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing Floor 2 Not Launching

Our biggest problem with this issue is nothing looks wrong from what we can tell on these computers. And we haven't seen it here in the office. We really need to get our hands on one and run it through a debugger and see exactly where things are going wrong.

If you guys are willing to sponsor travel and time off work I have no issues with bringing my rig down for you guys to examine.

I'm having the same issue, and have tried nearly all the same steps.

Or alternatively if you guys have an office in Toronto and again are willing to pay travel, and time off work I can bring my rig in.

The issue seems to be within the launching area's, how about us who are having issues send you a copy of the launching files (which if I recall are the .ini's for the launch). Then you can plug them directly into a copy at the studio and you should be able to beta test this.

I'm a tad frustrated with this issue due to killing floor being my time to come home and get my aggression out so I can relax.

EDIT:

Attempted Avatar + reinstall again no dice. Seems to be an issue with .ini files or start up scripts or even the .exe itself.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Here are my thoughts:

The KF2 implementation of the steam API/steamworks makes a few assumptions that seem logical (assuming pictures are of a certain size and not having a plan B if they aren't (logical because the steam API says pics will be symmetrical dimensions)) - it wouldn't surprise me if there were other hidden gotchas. I also saw that some people with..."fancy"/long steam names had troubles as well.

Dial back your steam profile to the most basic you can and see if that makes a difference (short name, no non-English characters, symmetrical avatar are the places to start).

Upvote 0
Here are my thoughts:

The KF2 implementation of the steam API/steamworks makes a few assumptions that seem logical (assuming pictures are of a certain size and not having a plan B if they aren't (logical because the steam API says pics will be symmetrical dimensions)) - it wouldn't surprise me if there were other hidden gotchas. I also saw that some people with..."fancy"/long steam names had troubles as well.

Dial back your steam profile to the most basic you can and see if that makes a difference (short name, no non-English characters, symmetrical avatar are the places to start).

Attempted this does not fix

Upvote 0
I had an issue when I would try to open through steam, the first time start-up download would start and then stop. No error message appeared.

If I tried to run as administrator from the game folder, I received error message 0xc000007b.

To fix it, I followed the following: https://steamcommunity.com/app/232090/discussions/0/620712364033817166/

Good luck getting it fixed!

That doesn't help, it does get rid of 0xc000007b but gives the "Steam is require to run." instead. Thus resulting in nothing again.

Upvote 0
Just wanted to mention this. The game works for my friend, but not for me. We tried ALL the suggestions available online. We compared the logs and the non-working game has the last entry as:
Log: Shader platform (RHI): PC-D3D-SM5
The working game on the other pc, continues after the shader entry:
[0000.46] Log: Shader platform (RHI): PC-D3D-SM5
[0000.81] Log: [ThreadAffinity] Number of hardware threads is 4. Setting thread affinity for game and render threads to share L2 cache
We were wondering what happens between those processes? It seems others who have issues launching the game and posted their KF Launch.log, has the Shader platform as their last entry.

Upvote 0
Hello all,

I have the same problem
The game won't launch since a week now maybe
and it keeps crashing withe the " send error rapport" thing and in the report details there is " KF2_Client8TPT14F1.dmp*
and E0TP39D6.xml*

Anyone have a solution to this problem ?

(before asking yes i tried to launch it as an administrator and the compatibility mode etc )

Upvote 0
Been having a similar issue. Only difference from most of the posts is that the game doesn't show up on my task manager when I try to run it. When I try and run it, steam says I'm playing it for a split second before it goes back to nothing.

I've tried everything that OP has and then some. Turns out reinstalling the OS doesn't help either.

Upvote 0
I'm just glad this is a known issue they are working to fix, got to give them props for that. I know that some Early Access Devs don't acknowledge technical problems people have for months.

I'll just wait until there's some sort of update that fixes this, or until they can find the root of the problem, hopefully by then the game has more substance as well :p

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
You're not having the same issue, that's why it worked for you.

If you were having the same issue you wouldn't even have a KillingFloor 2 folder in your documents, as you wouldn't be able to run the game in order for it to create said folder in the first place.

Please stop giving people false hope, provide valid applicable fixes or don't post at all. Thank you!

Upvote 0
aliasmp40;n2264735 said:
maybe we should return win 7 or 8.1 ? hahahhaha

-Small necro. =P That's okay. Is anyone still having problems with getting the game to launch? If so, you can add me on Steam and I will help you out: http://steamcommunity.com/id/jsmucha/

-If you want to try your luck, I recommend checking this out: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=690723315

-If you've done a lot of troubleshooting already, then you might want to look at the advanced solutions section.

Upvote 0