• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing Floor 2 News From the KF 2 Press Event - Meet The Zeds Part 2!

tbh im a bit underwhelmed by the vid. Dont get me wrong the gore looks vicious as hell now and the husk with his flamer is badass. But the texturing on the husk looks meh, those "glow" lines just look like he has texta drawn on him, would be much better if he was all charred & bloodied, in fact the left forearm looks fantastic, cover him in that instead.

The cliched pretty kungfu girl stalker will please 15y.o. fanboys but i'd prefer the scratching ***** we had. Have a closer look at where the legs attach to the hips, its a bit crappy atm so i hope that gets fixed up to.

The siren looks seriously depraved but why does a big energy ball fly out of her stomach? I thought her scream was meant to be the killer, get rid of the lightning and centre it on her mouth and it would seriously rock.

Maybe the game is just a lot more undercooked than i thought and they have still got a bunch of stuff to tidy up on the zed side of things. There is a lot to like here and its hard getting some negative feedback after a lot of work has gone in, just pointing a few things out in the hope the game is even more polished when released.

Upvote 0
tbh im a bit underwhelmed by the vid. Dont get me wrong the gore looks vicious as hell now and the husk with his flamer is badass. But the texturing on the husk looks meh, those "glow" lines just look like he has texta drawn on him, would be much better if he was all charred & bloodied, in fact the left forearm looks fantastic, cover him in that instead.

He's supposed to be a HUSK meaning that his insides are burnt and he is holding onto the short lived breaths that he can grasp. He's absolutely horrifying, I don't know what you're talking about.

The cliched pretty kungfu girl stalker will please 15y.o. fanboys but i'd prefer the scratching ***** we had. Have a closer look at where the legs attach to the hips, its a bit crappy atm so i hope that gets fixed up to.

What's so cliche about her dancing and moving like that? She's purposely sexy. That's her defining feature. She's supposed to seduce the characters and then slaughter them mercifully. Have you listened to her idle lines in the first game?

The siren looks seriously depraved but why does a big energy ball fly out of her stomach? I thought her scream was meant to be the killer, get rid of the lightning and centre it on her mouth and it would seriously rock.

The red 'orb' was in the same location that it was in the first game, it's just more defined in this version.

I don't really know what you're trying to get at, but the game looks great. Saying that this stuff is for "fanboys" just makes you sound like a d*ck, to be honest.

Upvote 0
What's so cliche about her dancing and moving like that? She's purposely sexy. That's her defining feature. She's supposed to seduce the characters and then slaughter them mercifully. Have you listened to her idle lines in the first game?
Also the stalker is positively hideous. I don't think hairless rotten looking ninja-girl who makes you throw up in your mouth a little bit is a cliche.

Upvote 0
I don't really know what you're trying to get at, but the game looks great.

The thing about asthetics is that its all subjective, what one person loves another can lothe, both viewpoints are valid. You like the look of the husk and stalker, i dont. and just because the siren scream eminated from a wierd position in KF1 doesnt mean it should do the same in KF2, it can be improved.

Saying that this stuff is for "fanboys" just makes you sound like a d*ck, to be honest.
As opposed to dissecting posts and calling someone a dick?

Upvote 0
The red 'orb' was in the same location that it was in the first game, it's just more defined in this version.
Yeah, siren's scream was always an orb, it was just rendered as cone in KF1 for some reason (you still get damage if you are above/behind/on the sides of her screaming visual effect)
I agree on making the new effect more transparent, as husk flamethrower and bloat bile are already enough to obscure players vision at close range.
I'd also make so the siren's shock wave extinguish all fire in it's range (both burning players and zeds)

Upvote 0