• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing Floor 2 : Join the Autumn Update 2022 Beta 1!

To opt into this beta on Steam, join the "preview" branch available in the Beta drop-down list. Admins will need to use the following SteamCMD flag:
  • app_update 232130 -beta preview

To opt into this beta on EGS, the Beta will be accessible within KF2 owners’ game libraries as a separate install called “Killing Floor 2 Beta”. Users may need to restart their EGS launcher for the Beta to populate and be accessible to install. Progress for stats and inventory is shared between both versions on EGS so for users switching between Beta and Live be sure to sync your game data to use the latest timestamp to prevent any lost progress from participating in the Beta. The Beta on EGS also includes its dedicated server within the install folder for your hosting needs for this version.

Event
Blood & Bonfires
  • A mysterious place has been settled by Zeds, Barmwich Town. It was built centuries ago, and it's full of old buildings and bonfires. This medieval town is now the next battlefield for our mercs to fight in the moonlight. Speaking of Zeds, it seems that lately, they are coordinating to attack specific targets, the ones we call VIPs. You can check it out in our new weekly mode: Primary Target. Of course, try to defend the VIP, we don't want the Zeds to fulfill their objective. And finally, we bring you the Horzine Research Group's two latest creations: the HRG Locust for the Survivalist and the HRG Dragonsblaze for the Firebug. They will be a good addition to your arsenal, so check them out!
  • Beta 1 Start 09/01/2022, (Date is subject to change)

New Additions and Highlights
  • 1 New Community Map
    • Barmwich Town
      barmwichscreen16.jpg
      • Compatible with Survival, Weekly, and Endless Game Modes.
      • A mysterious old medieval town that now is a Zed’s lair.
  • 1 New Weekly Mode
    • Primary Target

primarytargetoutbreakingame.PNG

• One player is chosen as a VIP.
      • All Zeds will mainly target the VIP.
      • If the VIP dies, the full team is defeated.
      • The VIP can’t heal themselves but start with extra health points.
      • The VIP will improve their damage output and resistance with low health points.
      • For each wave, a new VIP is chosen.
      • Length: 7 waves.
  • 4 New Weapons
    • HRG Locust for the Survivalist
      hrglocustbr.png
      • An alternative version of the Seeker Six for the Survivalist Perk.
      • A tier 3 weapon that launches rockets that create a cloud of nanobot-locusts that attack Zeds.
      • The alt-fire enables guided rockets.
      • Trader price is 900 Dosh.
    • HRG Dragonsblaze for the Firebug
      hrgdragonsblazebr.png
      • An alternative version of the Doomstick for the Firebug Perk.
      • A tier 4 shotgun that shoots a vertical line of fire.
      • The alt-fire shoots a horizontal line of fire.
      • Trader price is 1400 Dosh.
    • Blood Sickle for the Berserker (Not available for purchase individually during BETA)
      bloodsicklebeauty.png
      • This is a paid DLC weapon. This weapon can be shared amongst players through our weapon-sharing system.
      • A tier 4 edged melee weapon that can be switched between Short Range and Long Range modes.
      • Short Range mode is faster but deals less damage.
      • Long Range mode is slower but deals more damage.
      • Alt-fire triggers a double-swept attack.
      • Trader price is 1500 Dosh.
    • G36C Assault Rifle for the SWAT (Not available for purchase individually during BETA)
      g36cstandard.jpg
      • This is a paid DLC weapon. This weapon can be shared amongst players through our weapon-sharing system.
      • A tier 4 assault rifle equipped with armor-piercing ammo.
      • It has full-auto and semi-auto fire modes.
      • Trader price is 1600 Dosh.
  • New Steam Achievements
    • Barmwich Town related achievements
  • Time-limited Objectives, Tickets, and Cosmetics (Not available during BETA)
    • Seasonal objectives related to Barmwitch Town
    • Complete all seasonal objectives to earn the Plague Doctor Backpack
    • Halloween Treat Prize Tickets
    • Halloween Treat Golden Prize Tickets
  • Zedconomy (Not available for purchase during BETA)
    • Blood Sickle Weapon Bundle
    • G36C Assault Rifle Weapon Bundle

• Blood & Bonfires Weapon Bundle
    • Plague Doctor Outfit Bundle

• Premium Halloween Treat Ticket Bundles come in three sets of tiers:
      • Bronze - 5 Premium Seasonal Tickets
      • Silver - 10 Premium Seasonal Tickets and 1 Bonus Golden Seasonal Ticket
      • Gold - 20 Premium Seasonal Tickets and a 3 Bonus Golden Seasonal Tickets
    • Plague Doctor Weapon Skin Bundle Pack
    • Xeno Weapon Skin Bundle Pack
    • Classic MKII Weapon Skin Bundle Pack
    • Chameleon MKII Weapon Skin Bundle Pack

Beta 1 for this update contains a lot of exciting new features! As such, feedback is going to be incredibly important. Stay tuned for a link to a survey where you, the community, will be able to provide your feedback directly to us! Thank you!

Addressed Community Feedback
As mentioned in the 2021 Killing Floor 2 ‘State of the Game’ our goal is to bring to the community a continued stream of QOL changes for each update throughout the year. Please continue to report any QOL changes you believe should be added to the game by submitting your feedback in the ‘general’ section on our official forums at: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/forum/killing-floor-2

General
  • Medic buffs feedback 2.0:
    medicbuffsfull.png

medicbuffszoom.png
    • Added more information to the HUD when the player as received a medic bonus
      • Added number of stacks applied.
      • Added duration of the bonus.
  • Mouse input parameters added to Options, in the Controls menu:
    • Vertical Sensitivity.
    • Horizontal Sensitivity.
    • View Smoothing.
    • View Acceleration.
  • Improved inventory filtering:
    • In the ITEMS tab, KEYS are shown first now.
    • In the ALL tab, all the items are shown in the same order as they appear in their respective tabs.

Balance
  • Weapons
    • HRG Blast Brawlers
      • Stumble Power increased by 400%.
      • The speed of the primary attack increased by 50%.
      • The speed of blocking transition increased by 50%.
    • Mine Reconstructor
      • Weight reduced from 8 to 7.
      • Impact damage increased from 30-300 to 35-350.
      • Explosion damage increased from 35-350 to 40-400.

Designer Notes:
The medic buffs' feedback was well received by the community and we wanted to improve it more. Now, players can find out how many stacks they have applied by looking at the number next to the icon. They can also know the duration of the bonus if they look at the emptying animation that appears on the icon.
Players using default settings had an inconsistent horizontal and vertical sensitivity that was automatically adjusted based on their current frames per second and was not able to disable mouse acceleration. We have added parameters to modify these values within the game, so players can adjust them as they prefer.
We made some improvements in the inventory in the last seasonal update, but we feel there is still room for improvement. That’s why, this time, we’ve made the KEYS show up first in the ITEMS tab, so players can find and use them easily. Additionally, we have added order to the ALL tab, so all items are shown now in the same order in which they appear in their respective tabs, making navigation much easier.
Finally, regarding balance, we have made adjustments to two weapons: the HRG Blast Brawlers and the Mine Reconstructor.
With the HRG Blast Brawlers, it took too much time to switch from attacking to blocking and vice versa. To improve this and make the weapon feel more agile, we have accelerated the attack speed and the blocking transition. In addition to this, to make the weapon feel more powerful, we have increased the stumble power. Now the general feeling of the weapon has improved and it will be more fun to use.
Regarding the Mine Reconstructor, we have reduced its weight from 8 to 7 so now players can combine this weapon with any other weapon from the Field Medic arsenal. Furthermore, we have given the weapon a damage buff for both the impact and the explosion, because we felt there was still room for improvement in the weapon’s performance.

Bug Fixes
Also mentioned in the 2021 Killing Floor 2 ‘State of the Game’ our goal is to bring to the community a continued stream of community-reported bug fixes for each update throughout the year. Please continue to report any bugs you discover by visiting our official forums at: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/forum/killing-floor-2 and posting in the ‘PC’ or ‘Console’ sections.

Weapons
  • Fixed an issue with the Seeker Six where there was no ejected mag during the full reload animation.
  • Fixed an issue with the HRG Headhunter where the alt fire was doing no head damage.
  • Fixed an issue where the Nail Bomb was triggering the stun call twice against Zeds.
  • Fixed an issue where players were able to deploy multiple Sentinel drones at the same time.
  • Fixed an issue with the Hemoclobber where the explosive radius grew exponentially when used by the Survivalist.
  • Fixed an issue with the Pulverizer where the explosive radius grew exponentially when used by the Survivalist and Demolitionist.

Perks
  • Fixed an issue where the Survivalist skill Make Things Go Boom did not increase the radius of any grenades.
  • Fixed an issue where the Field Medic skill Zedative gives players a double buff from a single Zed kill.

Maps
  • Rig
    • Fixed an issue where Summer Zeds were persisting on the map after the Summer Season had ended.
    • Fixed an issue in the Laboratory Storage Room where the Trader Pod could be opened through the wall.
    • Fixed an issue in the East Platform area where blood splatter was not populating on the floor.
    • Fixed an issue in the Laboratory Main Floor where there were duplicated textures across the area.

Localization
  • Fixed in an issue where the Parry skill description did not fit within the text box in Russian.

Weekly
  • Fixed an issue where players could change their perk at the Trader Pod regardless of weekly constraints.

As always, thank you for your continued support!

I can write better stuff later but here's my current thoughts. Assume HoE, 6 players, lv 25:

• G36C:
    • The recoil on this gun alone makes it feel awful beyond 2-3 shot bursts. I thought the FAMAS had some ugly vertical recoil, but this thing literally draws serpentine patterns going upward.
    • Its main draw--bonus damage against armored enemies--isn't really that helpful in the grand scheme of things.
      • Rioters lose their helmets on the first headshot but still take 3 more headshots to kill after that...or you could just shoot them in the legs with 5 Kriss bullets for an easier kill. So that's not exactly ideal.
      • EDARs seem to be the main draw here, as the chest armor breaks in one shot, with one followup shot in the vulnerable spot needed to confirm a kill. Contrast with Kriss needing 2 shots to break, 2 more to kill.
      • Technically it can 1-mag a FP, but good luck with that because recoil
      • It kinda helps with Matty, I guess, but doesn't make SWAT worth taking on a standard boss wave over other options
    • AR damage hits just hard enough to 1-tap stalkers with a bodyshot and 1-tap Gorefasts with one headshot, which is good
    • All in all: AP ammo is a gimmick, otherwise more-or-less a sidegrade to the Kriss I guess, but the awful recoil is :confused:
  • HRG Dragonblaze:
    • Primary fire shoots a better version of the Scorcher's fire trail; a number of pellets in vertical alignment that can penetrate smaller trash and still lay full-strength Ground Fires
      • Kills hallways easy-peasy
    • Alt-fire shoots the pellets in a perfectly horizontal spread
      • Mostly not that noteworthy on their own accord; the farther away the target area is, the better, otherwise the pellets won't spread enough to justify taking the shot
    • Extremely low max ammo count (52 total shells) sort of limits your ability to freely spam...
    • ...EXCEPT in Zed-Time, where the gun's insanely fast fire rate means it shoots faster than pretty much everything but the Spitfires and can output more shots and more fire cover than any other Firebug weapon with Pyromaniac in just 3-6 standard seconds. With 18-21 seconds that a good Commando can provide...yeah.
    • Still bad against large Zeds without Pyromaniac.
  • HRG Locust:
    • Ugh.
    • Uggggggghhhhhh.
    • Shoots missiles that explode at all ranges (no dud impact usage).
    • The explosions release a blast that inflicts poison, bleed DoT, causes panic, and inflicts knockdown (not stun, full knockdown) on anything they don't kill.
    • Kills trash below Gorefiends/Rioters with one blast.
    • For when you want to grief a Sharpshooter out of a lane.

Upvote 0
Im experiencing a rather unforgivable, intolerable issue in the new beta.
Its probably the same thing that the youtube creator Pathfinder encountered. Essentially, my mouse sens got EFFIN FRICKED. I immediately quit the beta, not wishing to go through the trouble of testing, assuming that you can just watch his latest video and will be bombarded with similar complaints anyways. What i did notice for sure, both with aiming in 3D AND with my mouse in the ESC menu (but im pretty sure not the main menu), is that horizontal sens became much higher and vertical sens - considerably lower.
I get that this is beta, so PLEASE do solve the issue before official release, thank you.
Its also noteworthy that in the base game, seemingly either EVERY time i pick up a weapon that SPAWNED on the floor OR only the FIRST time i do so in a match, the mouse sensitivity momentarily drops to super-slow before returning back to normal. Something in your game clearly fricks up mouse sens - a quick google search reveals several related complaints from other users.

Upvote 0
HRG Blast Brawlers parry window change from 0.38s to 0.26s is more of a nerf than buff - the shorter it is the more likely you'll block instead of parrying.
HRG Locust's explosive damage type inherits some Stumble and Knockdown power from its parent class (KFDT_Explosive) which might not be intended, not sure.
HRG Locust's cloud does "explosive" damage which does not really make sense, though helps vs Fleshpounds, i think it should be changed to Bleeding to be neutral vs all ZEDs, Scrakes especially.
Feels like HRG Dragonsblaze fire modes should be swapped.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I read in Steam that people have a lot of problems with the mouse going too fast with the beta.

I'm mainly a PS4 player but I can run the game on my laptop. However the performance isn't too good with my computer which is why I usually stay on the former.

Anyway, I opted into the beta this time. From the start I noticed the mouse really was turning too fast with the slightest movements.

I usually play by alternating between controller and Mouse/Keyboard on PC on the fly depending on the situation and what's more comfortable. (I'm more used to controller since the PS4 is my main machine for playing KF2.)

When I noticed that the fast mouse problem was happening, I set all my mouse sensitivity settings nearly to the left side. When I began the match, I used the controller first and it seemed fine. Then I switched to mouse/keyboard for a time and back to controller. I noticed when I switched back, the controller was turning too slowly as if my mouse settings were affecting the controller. It didn't used to before. The controller and the mouse settings are supposed to be separate but in the beta's case, switching between both seems to confuse the settings for one or the other.

Anyway, those are my impressions.

Upvote 0
What's the point of a beta if only the buyers of the DLC can test the weapons? That only reduce an already very small number of testers.
You can use the console in solo play to spawn the desired weapon in your hands ! I did that for most of Season Pass 1, in order to know what would be worth buying. Although I ended up buying the passes once they got released... It's much more interesting money-wise.

You can find the things you should write in your console within each DLC weapons article on the KF2 wiki : https://wiki.killingfloor2.com/index.php?title=Frost_Fang

For example :
  • EnableCheats
    • GiveWeapon KFGameContent.KFWeap_Rifle_FrostShotgunAxe
Be mindful that the gun will spawn DIRECTLY in your hands. So it might make the first few waves ridiculously easy. You'll be able to buy more ammo and upgrade it as soon as the wave ends though ! If you sell the weapon, you'll have to use the console again.

Upvote 0
Okay, I haven't tried everything yet, so I'll edit my post in the coming few days :

G36C : the weapon itself seems pretty alright. More than decent damage, ROF, and mag size. Haven't compared it directly to the Kriss Vector, but it seems to do the job just as well. However, I do have to say that the armor-piercing rounds are almost... too good? As in, they totally nullify the main defenses of sirens, EDARs and Rioters... I get that it was the main deal behind it, but I don't find it reasonable. It favors a lazy kind of playstyle. Also, what the hell is that accuracy? It's a goddamn LASER, even while firing from the hip ! I really like the old-school laser beam, but holy **** : scoring headshots has never been so easy. Which makes the effectiveness of the AP rounds even more baffling.

Blood Sickle : I would have wished for more differences between the two modes, but the weapon isn't too bad ! It reminds me of a cheaper, slightly faster and weaker Battle Axe. Don't know if it would replace any of the great weapons the zerk has already (namely the Bone Crusher, Eviscerator and Pulverizer), but it's serviceable enough. However, the animations are laughably BAD. I never commented on how the level of detail might have dropped since Saber took the reins. But here, it's just too big to ignore.

Barmwich : It is indeed the map I've played so many years ago ! But outside the nostalgia, I have to admit I'm not hugely fond of it. The atmosphere is pretty darn cool, as with most Halloween maps, but the layout is less so. I guess it makes for a more challenging map though, with everything being kinda cramped. I haven't opened the weapons vault yet, although I got the idea in my second playthrough (just can't find the last piece of the puzzle...) Speaking of which : would it be possible to come up with puzzles that doesn't require you to find pieces? Honestly, having some platforming, killing a specific zed in a specific way, or maybe having to forego something valuable could be a nice change of pace. This being said, I also really like the atmosphere of the map, especially the cellar... eesh !

Also... Am I particularly unlucky or did you guys tweak the Husks? I swear their kamikaze attacks is WAAAY faster than it used to. I played three matches yesterday and all of them ended with me blown up to smithereens. I'm probably very bad, but would it be possible to make them a liiiiittle more lenient?

Upvote 0
The new weapons all have some minor issues but because of that I think it's a good balance. Generally I like all the new weapons and hope they don't get nerfed into uselessness like the HRG Disrupter. The new map is nice, especially in the ghosts around the hanging tree detail. The mouse issue during the beta is game play breaking while it happens. Get used to looking up at the sky when it happens and giving the zeds a free grab at you. Seems to happen on picking up a new weapon or at the "room door". Also there's a big lag spike if you move to stand by it while it's still locked.

Upvote 0
The new weapons all have some minor issues but because of that I think it's a good balance. Generally I like all the new weapons and hope they don't get nerfed into uselessness like the HRG Disrupter. The new map is nice, especially in the ghosts around the hanging tree detail. The mouse issue during the beta is game play breaking while it happens. Get used to looking up at the sky when it happens and giving the zeds a free grab at you. Seems to happen on picking up a new weapon or at the "room door". Also there's a big lag spike if you move to stand by it while it's still locked.

What's the issue with the G36C? It's so damn versatile, I really struggle to see what would be it's weakness.

Upvote 0