• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing floor 2 is already good enough,please read this and stop destroying it with useless content

phoenix117x

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 8, 2020
So far Killing Floor 2 has been a great game but recently it started looking a bit too overdone.I remember it being a more serious game 6 players co op shooter where ur objective is survival
now its just like 6 players co op circus,so much useless stuff,skins,ridicilous outfits that u cannot focus on the main game itself.Especially these events they are so ugly and stupid
It does not feel like kf2 anymore when they come out its so annoying.
So straight to my point,this game needs some tweaks,some more options for the community
First of all we have toooooo many guns,so we dont need more,especially paid dlc! thats just insane
But if u devs love always to put new stuff do that.But seriously we have enough maps! also people are making custom maps too,i dont think we need 300000 more maps and guns
If u love circus and christmas crap events go for it,just give the others an option to disable the sound and skins of the event monsters permamently
Give players an option to create their OWN server from in the game menus like any other game (most of the games)
Give players an option to remove dar spwans completely (if they are hosts)
Also an option for a custom kf2 menu and music tracks (also tracks in game)
listening to the same thing over and over again sux + that has been an idea from a looong long time
simple as that that is my request
Dont try to change anything when its already perfect or very very good
and pls no more paid dlc!

Upvote 0
I can't begin to describe how much wrong is in this post. First off, it was never serious. Psudeoserious maybe. The objective hasn't changed, its still to survive.
Yeah, the cosmetics are ridiculous, but the people working on the game are still doing that. There is no one being moved between departments. And the events are great and are a carry over from KF1.
Yeah, it got better. More perks, more enemies, more bosses, more options.
The game is still being tweaked, buffing weak things and nerfing strong things. Every event comes with a balance patch.
What's wrong with more guns? You don't like options and trying new ways to play the game? Yes, the paid dlc is annoying, but they explained that its because new players are getting more scarce, so they need the extra money to keep the game updated. This isn't a AAA studio.
A vast majority of the maps aren't Tripwire made. They are community maps that Tripwire made official and did minimal polish.
The events are some of the best parts, and they should release ways to play as them all year long. And its more than just skins and sounds, they even change how the model is affected. For a unique challenge.
Most games don't allow you to make your own server. If you want your own server, you can always pay the monthly fee like everyone else. Or, you can just coopt one of the servers being unused and play without randos, or with, if you want. But that's already in the game.
DAR are another unique feature to make you play more tactically. Additional ranged enemies that need to be body shot. Enhances gameplay.
Like you have the programming ability to make even a workable menu.
And if you don't like the music, either change the songs in the files, or turn the music off and turn on your own. The audio menu exists for a reason.

Upvote 0
KF1 did have the first chicken suit. Also it had weapon dlcs. Great value ones but still. Also the circus freak zeds (which are still creepy). Cutting out cosmetics would make it a much more expensive game. Cosmetics, loot boxes, weapon dlc all offset some costs. I'm not a fan of lootboxes. The dlc weapons are optional and are a free party share if one person has them. I don't think I'd like KF3 (as example) to be a $60 or $80 dollar game.

Upvote 0
I think the updates are sometimes worth it, the skins and outfits that's just player preference but when it comes to weapons.. HRG Nailgun is a MUST on boss waves especially Patriarch, demo is **** with short range fights unless he has the HRG Kaboomstick... also the HRG Teslauncher is very effective in boss fights for a zerk... I think these weapons add more to the game, I still think that there are some things that need to be changed like spawning 3 FPs and 2 SC in a HOE vanilla match on a map like the descent in the library or power core or biolapse in the hall with the 2 doors, it's too hard and developers should pay attention to something like this

Upvote 0