• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing Floor 2 Grim Treatments Opt In Beta 2 Is Now Live!

To opt into this beta, join the "preview" branch available in the Beta drop-down list. Admins will need to use the following SteamCMD flag:
  • app_update 232130 -beta preview

Event

Grim Treatments
  • Prepare for the tricks and treats in this year’s ghastly Grim Treatment update! Wander inside the Ashwood Asylum and witness the haunting halls filled with countless, creepy creatures ready to hunt you down. Return to Nuked to save Kevin Jr. with the help of Dr. Ogada Buyu. Thankfully, the Horzine Research Group has refurbished a selection of weapons to deal with the oncoming challenges. Along the way, you may find some spooky accessories to customize your looks for the grisly Grim Treatment event! See you on the frightful floor!
  • Beta 2 Start 9/18/2019, Beta 2 End on the final release

Addressed Community Feedback

As mentioned in the 2018 Killing Floor 2 ‘State of the Game’ our goal is to bring to the community a continued stream of QOL changes for each update throughout the year. Please continue to report any QOL changes you believe should be added to the game by submitting your feedback in the ‘general’ section on our official forums at: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?categories/killing-floor-2.25/

Balance
  • Zeds
    • Abomination
      • Fart explosion base damage reduced from 15 to 5.
      • Gorge attack cooldown increased by 2 seconds for Hard, Suicidal, and Hell On Earth difficulties.
      • Abomination Spawn explosion damage multiplier on armor increased from 20x to 25x.
    • Abomination Spawn
      • Explosion base damage reduced from 20 to 15.
    • E.D.A.R.
      • HRG Healthrower damage modifier increased from 0.05x to 1.2x.
      • Chest armor health reduced from 225 to 52.
    • Rioter
      • Added functionality to the armor to add a damage threshold to the head armor piece to allow weapons that deal higher than or equal to 80 base damage to destroy the head.

Designer Note :

We received a lot of feedback that the Gorge attack occurs too frequently, so the adjustments should tone down the number of times he attempts to gorge players on Hard and higher difficulties. Also, we reduced the explosion damage of the Abomination Spawns and his farts. His farts were somewhat random, and the amount of damage it dealt was very high. So, Berserkers who relied on melee may receive huge chunks of damage from the farts and the Abomination Spawns exploding. These adjustments should alleviate that concern as well as the other concern that the Abomination Spawns were frustrating against Perks that did not have movement speed bonuses. We brought the damage back down to 15 since the Abomination Spawns can explode faster.

We had changed how damage calculations worked with armor, and these changes removed key gameplay elements that allowed players to kill E.D.A.R.s and Rioters effectively. The E.D.A.R. and Rioter adjustments should bring them back to a similar state before the update. These tweaks may make them a bit easier to handle than prior iterations, and we think this change will prove to be better for gameplay. We will continue to iron out any further issues with the armor values. Please take note and report them as they happen.

• Stand Your Ground
    • The percentage of Zeds to kill to receive the full reward reduced from 75% to 70%.
  • Weapons
    • Single / Dual HRG Buckshots
      • Vertical recoil reduced by 25%.
      • Base damage increased from 28 to 32 per bullet.
      • Ammo price per magazine increased from 19 to 21 for Single.
      • Ammo price per magazine increased from 38 to 42 for Dual.
    • HRG Nailgun
      • Ammo price per magazine increased from 42 to 45.
      • Vertical recoil increased by 25% for single fire automatic mode.
      • Recoil decreased by 16% for 3-round-burst fire automatic mode.
    • HRG Healthrower
      • Dart charge consumption reduced from 50 to 40.
      • Ammo scale upon picking up an ammo box increased from 40 to 75.
      • Base damage increased from 18 to 20.
      • Base gas heal increased from 4 to 6.
      • Base gas splash heal increased from 2 to 3.
      • Stumble application rate increased by 100%.
Designer Note :

The Single and Dual HRG Buckshots received an adjustment to their recoil in response to the feedback from the community. There was a lot of concern that the vertical recoil was too high. Also, the damage output was too small for the Trader price. As such, we tweaked these numbers to better align with expectations, and with the increased damage, we also increased the price of the magazine.

The HRG Nailgun was well-received overall, and the community feedback leaned towards adjusting certain elements to compensate for its strong nature. We increased the ammo price slightly for its high damage output, and we increased the vertical recoil of the single fire. The single-fire did not have a lot of recoil and was very easy to control, so this adjustment should put a little more emphasis on control. Lastly, we toned down the recoil of the 3-round-burst slightly as there was a concern that the recoil was a tad too high.

The HRG Healthrower received overall improvements. The community feedback leaned towards the weapon not feeling up to par with the other Field Medic weapons. As such, the improvements should help it feel stronger as a healing tool and allow players to better handle Zeds with its increased damage and stumble rate.

As always, we’d like to hear the community's feedback on these changes. You can do so by visiting and posting in the ‘general’ section on the official Tripwire Interactive forums at:
https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?categories/killing-floor-2.25/

Bug Fixes
Also mentioned in the 2018 Killing Floor 2 ‘State of the Game’ our goal is to bring to the community a continued stream of community reported bug fixes for each update throughout the year. Please continue to report any bugs you discover by visiting our official forums at: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?categories/killing-floor-2.25/ and posting in the ‘PC’ or ‘Console’ sections.

Gameplay:
  • Fixed an issue where broken drones could only be welded from the side in the Objective game mode.
  • Fixed an issue where Stand Your Ground objectives that occurred after a boss wave in the Endless game mode were completed after killing one zed.
  • Fixed an issue where binding a key to the Skip Trader key binding did not work.
Zeds:
  • Fixed an issue with the E.D.A.R. Blaster laser VFX whenever multiple E.D.A.R.s attacked a player.
Maps:
  • Fixed an issue where the outdoor poison clouds on Nuked were invisible in the Objective game mode.
  • Fixed an issue where custom maps without a custom .ini would not show up. They will show up defaulted to supporting the Survival, Weekly, and Endless game modes.
Cosmetics:
  • Fixed an issue where the HRG Buckshots, HRG Healthrower, and HRG Nailgun used incorrect weapon skins.
  • Fixed an issue where PC Briar’s hair clipped through Project H 02 | Base.
User Interface:
  • Fixed an issue where the objective icon for the Stand Your Ground objective would not disappear after being completed.
Server:
  • Fixed an issue where Admins who use the -configsubdir flag had to manually set up their servers for Beta 1 and copy in new clean files into the sub directories.

As always, thank you for your continued support!

I work for Tripwire and run this stuff.
View all 245 featured items
Reactions: Fr0stPh03niX
Healthrower still feels kinda underwhelming against medium ZEDs and completely useless against big ones :(

Good to have OSK breakpoints back.
What i've noticed about beta2 ZED armor is that perk bonuses now do work, but hitzone multipliers do not. I can see it to be an intended decision though.

Will you consider reducing EDAR's head armor points as well since there are benefits for doing so but it seems they just die faster to chest core blow.

Not sure why you nerfed Abomination. You might have win-loose stats on your hands but does it say what attack kills most?
I feel like right now it is puke and gorge.

Buckshot recoil reduction was needed, didnt expect damage buff. Thought it would be better to have reduced spread or more pellets instead.

Easter egg (if it actually is): rotating picture of tough guy, that activates within 2 mins after level loads, does not seem work (it does in editor but not in game).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sad to see the skin bug got fixed. I strongly dislike the default skin on the HRG weapons, and thought it looked better with a zedconomy skin. Will there be skins released for these in the future?

I think you can still use each other's skins. All you need is skin id and proper entry in KFGame.ini

There's a guide on steam.

Upvote 0
IMO, i feel like the Freezethrower along with the Healthrower should be cross-perked with the Firebug.

The spray weapons in general feel mediocre overall, and in the case of the Healthrower, it seems to serve no other purpose than to heal players who can somehow dodge medic darts despite the lock-on mechanic. Actually using it to deal damage feels like an exercise in futility when dealing with literally anything stronger than a clot. At least with the Firebug's skillset, i can see it being a viable sidegrade to the Flamethrower while also being a healing item that could be carried alongside the Helios Rifle

Reactions: Musicaholic800
Upvote 0
I swear I saw the abomination fly to attack on Steam Fortress. I was running down stairs and instead of running down the stairs, he leapt and flew like a winged monkey to me. It was a very fast speed too and over a lot of stairs! It was like a horror movie the way he moved. I also had him die in another game off screen which was weird. He clipped (was blown) out of my sight and then about 15 seconds later died.

Upvote 0