• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing Floor 2: February 2023 Quality of Life and Bug Fix Changelog

Yoshiro

Senior Community Manager
Staff member
  • Oct 10, 2005
    East Coast
    Bug Fixes
    Also mentioned in the 2022 Killing Floor 2 ‘State of the Game’ As with every update, we’ll be addressing a multitude of issues legacy and new that arise over the year.. Please continue to report any bugs you discover by visiting our official forums at: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/forum/killing-floor-2 and posting in the ‘PC’ or ‘Console’ sections.

Weapons:
    • HV Storm Cannon:
      • Partial reload animation speed increased to desired timing.
      • Visual improvements to multiple animations
      • Fixed condition where magazine could disappear while throwing grenades
    • ZED MKIII:
      • Visual improvements to multiple animations
    • HRG Ballistic Bouncer:
      • Adjusted color of projectile to match in 1P and 3P
      • Adjusted behavior of dropped model to orient on ground more correctly.

Map:
    • Crash
      • Adjusted various locations in the map where projectiles were incorrectly blocked.
      • Improved Zed pathing near stairs in North West Street area
      • Removed player snag spot in the Warehouse Sewers area.
      • Adjusted several areas to allow Zeds to path to player locations
      • Fixed several locations where spectator cameras could get out of bounds
      • Adjusted multiple locations where players could see Zeds visibly spawn
      • Adjusted multiple collisions spots for player locations only available in Versus mode
      • Adjusted areas where dropped items would fall through the world geometry.

General:
    • Adjusted fitting of Train Conductor Backpack for Tanaka
    • Fixed a bug where combat armor could be purchased for SWAT/Field Medic without having enough dosh.
    • Multiple language localization fixes around the Seasonal Skin filter.
      • Addtion of missing languages
      • Adjustment of various language translations sizes to fit into the textbox.
    • Perk Roulette: Fixed bug where player would revive with weapon from previous wave.

As always, thank you for your continued support!

Last edited:
    It literally is just a quick bugfix update. They've done this before.
    These updates don't come without a cost.

Server owners have to go out of their way to update the servers and reboot them. There's always a good share of community servers who get caught by surprise and a good share of servers as of now can't be joined, because they weren't updated.

Another issue is TWI oftentimes breaks the mods, even with small updates. All mods need to be validated and tested, if something is broken they need to troubleshoot, etc.

This cost is not zero. The value of the update has to be higher than the cost of all that to warrant pushing it.

Upvote 0
    Give us new characters, bring back the steampunk outfit, add better weekly rewards. Make more maps objective-friendly. Just listen to your player base for once!!!!
    New characters are especially out of the equation. The two DLC characters apparently didn't sell very well, and it implies making the models compatible with now hundreds of cosmetics. Not to mention having to do some voice acting, which is quite time-consuming as well.

You'll have to do with the Fostinator brother!

Upvote 0
    It looks like this update has caused at least many Linux based KF2 servers to crashdump upon start. I've checked with a couple of server hosters and all who I talked to experienced this problem.

If anyone has to deal with this situation, I was able to resolve it by full removal and reinstallation of the steam client and then updating the game/verifying the files (this step may not be needed, not sure).

I also thought that TWI might have fixed the KF2 server issue when it's unable to download any workshop content and this caused the steam client compatibility issues that cause the crashdumps -- no. The "Item state 8" issue still persists, no workshop content, such as maps or mutators can be downloaded by the out-of-the-box installation of the KF2 server, at least on Linux.

Upvote 0
    Create a match function is beyond broken now aswell, whenever someone from Europe/USA or wherever creates a match it sends them to a australian server, i've also noticed this on our own Takeover Enabled servers.. (i even tried it myself i also got sended to our Australian server), yes i know server browser is a thing... but it's annoying to get a lobby with the specific settings through server browser (or even a pw protected one), can this also please get looked into?

Upvote 0
    All of these items are likely not changing at this point in the life cycle of KF 2.
    So there is no hope for the steampunk outfit to come back? Too bad because I know that a lot of people, including me, want this cosmetic. I don't think that it is as hard and expensive to do as a new character, but I suppose that there is a respectable reason why it wouldn't come back.

Upvote 0