• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing Floor 2.5 OldSchool Mod

Awsomeness indeed. I also got the latest Patty model but apart from that everything was lovely. The nades in particular are a joy to watch as the clots really do get sent skyward.

old_kf.jpg

Upvote 0
Release? HECK YES!
Just tested it - there are few bugs:
Patriarch model is still old,
Sometimes gorefast body disappears instantly after death,
Crossbow model is still old,
Bloar blood spray stay too long.

Thank you very much guys for your work :)

What do you mean crossbow and patty model are old? BTW Bloat blood spray was like that in KF 2.5.

Upvote 0
OK, having played it for a good (and mentally exhausting) hour, here are some issues I came across:

Gibbed models leave floating "meat balls" - looks like remnants of the retail's gibbing system. Not a biggie, but thought i'd mention it.

- Welder screen % display is broken
- Welder animation doesn't play
- Welder power doesn't display/work on the HUD

Nothing game breaking. Just thought i'd let you guys know. Awesome job on the mod. Brings back lots of cool memories. Loving the nade pwnage too ;)

Upvote 0
1.Patriarch model is still old,
2.Sometimes gorefast body disappears instantly after death,
3.Crossbow model is still old,
4.Bloar blood spray stay too long.

1. Do you mean the mod still uses the retail patty? I'll do a test play and find out.
2. I'll look into this.
3. Again, by old do you mean retail? It was using the old mod version when I tested.
4. Intended. KFMod was like this.

Gibbed models leave floating "meat balls" - looks like remnants of the retail's gibbing system. Not a biggie, but thought i'd mention it.

- Welder screen % display is broken
- Welder animation doesn't play
- Welder power doesn't display/work on the HUD
I can fix the meat ball thing. Your right, its left over gib system from retail, I can make it so they won't spawn when you get a headshot.
I'll look into the welder. I should be able to fix that.

Thanks for the bug reports, I'll get on this tonight and get a new updated version out.

Upvote 0
He is correct the patty model is the same as the retail version otherwise the only issues I found with the mod was the thing about the blobs lingering in the air after the experiment's death (I don't think it's an issue at all really, doesn't effect gameplay) and the shotgun noise seems to be broken. Outstanding mod though worth the wait.

Also no issue with the welder the percentage doesn't display on the actual welder itself mind you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm installing it on my linux server to test it too, and i had problems with the redirections because of the inconsistencies in the case-sensitivity of the filenames.

Namely KFWeaponModelsOLDMod should be renamed to KFWeaponModelsOldMod and KFBossOld.ukx to kfbossold.ukx ; alternatively you could change the names somewhere in the class i suppose, it's those specific names (KFWeaponModelsOldMod and kfbossold) the unreal engine is looking for in the http redirection and can't find because the files are KFWeaponModelsOLDMod and KFBossOld and linux is case-sensitive.

And yeah :IS2:

Upvote 0
I'm installing it on my linux server to test it too, and i had problems with the redirections because of the inconsistencies in the case-sensitivity of the filenames.

Namely KFWeaponModelsOLDMod should be renamed to KFWeaponModelsOldMod and KFBossOld.ukx to kfbossold.ukx ; alternatively you could change the names somewhere in the class i suppose, it's those specific names (KFWeaponModelsOldMod and kfbossold) the unreal engine is looking for in the http redirection and can't find because the files are KFWeaponModelsOLDMod and KFBossOld and linux is case-sensitive.

And yeah :IS2:

yeah, i had to rename those two files for the correct redirecting of files-

Upvote 0
Marco's Server Perks Handler causes spawn player with retail class-specified weapons.
If player will buy one from the shop - model will be from mod.
You could fix this issue in your mutator by adding a weapon replacement code with this mutator function like this:
Code:
function string GetInventoryClassOverride(string InventoryClassName)
{
    switch( Caps(InventoryClassName) )
    {
    case "KFMOD.FLAMETHROWER":
        return string(Class'MyOldFlameThrower');
    case "KFMOD.BOOMSTICK":
        return string(Class'MyOldShotty');
    }
    return Super.GetInventoryClassOverride(InventoryClassName);
}
Naturally replace the classnames with your own and add rest of the weapons with own "case".

Last edited:
Upvote 0