• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing Floor 2.5 OldSchool Mod

Sorry it took me so long to post my experience with this. I just got back a few days ago and today I was finally able to sit down and try it out. In Solo, the weapons work fine but I can't get the damn specimens to spawn. Maybe I'll get different results on my server. I'll try adding this to my server later and post back here with my results.

Upvote 0
Things that need fixing.
- The trader still list the S.P. Musket.
- Selling Duel KFMod 9mm reverts you back to having TWI's 9mm.
- I think you are able to sell the KFM single as well.
- You can still spawn with perk weapons.

I will keep playing if i find any other things.

Things to note
- Removal of Demo & Firebug Perk
- Way to add specific characters via mutator without the use of Serverperks/CustomCharacterEnabler
- Prices should be raised up, for zeds bounty and weapons/ammo/etc. This reason is for the cheapness of the weapon and certain perks/maps can let you quickly buy these weapons.
- KFMod trader/HUD weapon icons.
- Mutator to replace the trader without the need of a serverperks add-on mutator. (Or at lease removing trader chat portrait/voice, WPC's Aliens mode almost gets this done.)
- HandCannon needs to be a Support weapon.
- Perks leveling should be removed.
- Alt loading screens if using Custom gametype.
- Machine Pistol & Chainsaw is missing.
- Not sure if this is me being dumb, but i feel that these zeds have little health and these KFMod weapon do little damage (which does even out), and TWIs weapons can mow down pretty much everything.
- Tell maps not to spawn any weapons.

IIRC there was no chainsaw in kfmod 2.5. Berserker was useless perk back those days. Maybe we just didn't know how to zerk properly, but every time somebody had chosen this perk, he got killed sooner or later. More sooner than later :)
Sharpshooter and Support were the only perks worth of playing. Other perks were just for fun. Tbh nothing has been changed till nowadays. SS + SS still rock the house.

Zed health didn't scaled by number of players, that's why TWIs weapons are taking them down so easily.

Upvote 0
Zed health didn't scaled by number of players, that's why TWIs weapons are taking them down so easily.
No, there wasnt no Chainsaw "in" KFMod 2.5 but it was still in the game's coding, just unused.
A i know about the zerk back in those days, and the Devs said they wanted to BUFF him in version 2.6 and above :rolleyes:

Oh okay, seems like something that should be implamented imo since like i say, i can spawn with a MP7M and mow down eveything.

Upvote 0