• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics Killing angled Tiger & Panther while in IS2 or T34/85

Musa

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 22, 2008
First of all hello!
First question - any idea how to kill well angled tiger or panther when Im in IS2? I have seen that the best is to aim somwhere at Tiger's engine or just below a gun in Panther but it is not 100% sure method.
Second question - Tiger's front armor doesn't bounce T34/85 shell so how to kill angled Tiger with T34/85?
Last question - is it possible to kill nonangled (or even angled) Panther from front when Im in T34/85? If yes then how?
Oh, and please, don't give me answers like 'shoot at tracks and go around it', I know this one;)

Last edited:
the panther is impregnable to the 85 mm gun (as well as the 76) from the front. In close ranges (1000mm or less) the Panther is the tougher target, but beyond 1000 meters the Tiger is damned near indestructible. Sorry to say that with both the tiger and panther your best tactic if you have the armor is to duke it out with the tank and try to take out its track, then simply flank it, otherwise run away and try to flank.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sorry if this is off topic, but does RO model distance as a factor of penetration? Like if you are closer you get more penetration and less at longer ranges? I know thats how it is irl but I never noticed this in RO. The Tiger's heavier shell should do better than the Panther's at range, while the Panther gets more penetration at closer ranges, but does anybody know if this is modelled in RO?

Upvote 0
Oh, hell with that. You can kill a panther or a Tiger at well over 1000mm with even just a PTRD. Christ, at LEAST 8,000mm on a Tiger, and probably as much as 40-50,000 mm for a Panther.

sorry i don't have very good "m" skills

concerned021.jpg

anywho beyond 1000 METERS tiger is the threat, shoot at the tread that is angled away from you, you should knock out the tread by sliding a shell under the tank

I was under the impression the just vanilla RO compensated for distances and shell velocity/mass? At least thats what I'm basing my panther is weaker at greater ranges argument on

Last edited:
Upvote 0