• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

kill message

Plaid13

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 22, 2006
So does anyone like the new kill message system where it shows your name in white? Personally i cant stand it. i seem to be missing a lot of the tks i do. Getting kicked from servers with a 6 tk limit when i think i have only killed once or twice and they were forgivin.

Tehre's already server options for how kills are shown. You can have no death messages, only show who kills you, or show full death messages.

While I agree the UI should be configrable between "old version" and "new version" whenever a change is made, I don't see this as all that big a deal.

Upvote 0
Personally I prefer death messages to be off, much more intense of a game that way. Too bad most servers don't have the same train of thought.

I also think that if the white personal kill message is going to stay it should be modified to have a slightly red/green colour so you can still easily recognize that you TK'd. Right now every time I see the white message I have to pause for a split second to remember what team/colour I'm on and then check if the guy I just killed was a friend or foe.

Upvote 0
I really don't think that white letters popped up when you killed somebody IRL in WWII, or did they?:confused:

Part of the challenge IRL is to fire and if the bugger doesn't re appear - start wondering to yourself "did I get him or is the mongrel just hiding?":(

I personally prefer not to see the enemy kills come up on screen at all. Friendlies maybe, so you know you might be getting close to a kick.

Upvote 0
Play with the HUD off...
That way I lack other vital information.

And the voice command menu doesn't work properly if I do that.
Honestly I think they should remove kill messages and the scoreboard completely (or at least until the end of the round), that way the focus is ENTIRELY on winning as a team and not on racking up kills. Plus it adds the excitement of not knowing for sure whether you killed someone or not.
EXACTLY!

Upvote 0